Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Wonder

Reality Calling Xrina Stans: Get Real Y'all.

3 hours ago, Free Britney said:

As for the OP; I disagree with everything. hottie1

Xtina is a rare and one of a kind talent, just like Celine, Whitney and mariah are. People love to say she's a flop etc, but her voice and live performances always renew my stan badge.

Once in a generation talent =/= trailblazer or trendsetter

No one's discrediting her talent, but all she really has is her voice.

Low-key I could say the same about Celine too but she has the sales to back it up.

51 minutes ago, Strobo said:

Once in a generation talent =/= trailblazer or trendsetter

No one's discrediting her talent, but all she really has is her voice.

Low-key I could say the same about Celine too but she has the sales to back it up.

I would argue that Celine was a trendsetter, just not in the fields I focused on here. She didn’t shift the popular genre, didn’t really influence fashion…but Vegas would not be what it is today without her. She wasn’t the first to do the Vegas residency concept no but she was the first to do it in the “new Vegas”, on that scale, for that long, with that much success, with that level of production (A New Day as a theatrical presentation has still yet to be topped in Vegas as far as music residencies are concerned imo), and do it while continuing to release successful albums, proving that Vegas was not just the place careers went to die and legacy acts were put out to pasture. All of the mainstream headliners who have been out there since walked there on the path Celine paved. 

6 hours ago, Free Britney said:

You bringing this up like Xtina is the only one who thiefonce off of Britney. I'll have you know Mariah did the same:

MV5BNTA0Mzc3MzYtYmIyMS00MDQ5LWFkYzktODYwNjg1Y2JlZWMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk1NTMyNzM@._V1_.jpg56df1a0a9105841c008b4eab?width=1200&format=jpeg

...and pretty much most of the music industry copies off of Britney at some point in their career.

Also, Britney, Madgina and St!nk copied the Circus theme from Xtina, yet you left that out. 

*roll eyes*. 

Madonna-on-stage.jpg original.jpg

Um, hello? Mariah's Touch My Body video isn't about a teenage girl trying to escape reality by imagining things that she would do to tell her ex that she missed them so they better call her up one more time. It was about a fuckin [imaginary] foreplay; an invitation to full blown sex that was fantasized by the guy in the video. And even if that literal explanation can't give you and your weird shadiness towards Mariah a satisfaction, Mariah was not a teenage girl dancing her way throughout an entire video in TMB.

The circus concept was....literally done by Janet in the Velvet Rope tour. Madonna had done circus-y concept for her earlier tours, but not fully that. Hers was more mix and match of everything. But yeah, Janet had done it in her tour way before Christina did it.

57 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

Um, hello? Mariah's Touch My Body video isn't about a teenage girl trying to escape reality by imagining things that she would do to tell her ex that she missed them so they better call her up one more time. It was about a fuckin [imaginary] foreplay; an invitation to full blown sex that was fantasized by the guy in the video. And even if that literal explanation can't give you and your weird shadiness towards Mariah a satisfaction, Mariah was not a teenage girl dancing her way throughout an entire video in TMB.

The circus concept was....literally done by Janet in the Velvet Rope tour. Madonna had done circus-y concept for her earlier tours, but not fully that. Hers was more mix and match of everything. But yeah, Janet had done it in her tour way before Christina did it.

If you can make this many mental gymnastics for Moomoo why can't you do the same for Xtina's Dirrty video? dead4

She wore the assless chaps for like 10 seconds in the entire video, the rest of the video she wore mini skirts and denim shorts shorts. Also britney's chaps aren't assless. Dirrty video concept is totally different from Britney's Slave. Slave is brit dancing in a club, while Dirrty is xtina boxing with a random girl, and exploring all sorts of kinks, like mud fighting, golden showers etc. 

Even the genre is completely different, Dirrty is upbeat RnB, and slave is slow sensual HipHop.

Nobody bat an eyelid when Slave video came out, Dirrty caused massive controversy, it was even banned in Thailand. You weren't alive back then, so you have no idea how big Dirrty was worldwide, the song AND video.

1 hour ago, Free Britney said:

If you can make this many mental gymnastics for Moomoo why can't you do the same for Xtina's Dirrty video? dead4

She wore the assless chaps for like 10 seconds in the entire video, the rest of the video she wore mini skirts and denim shorts shorts. Also britney's chaps aren't assless. Dirrty video concept is totally different from Britney's Slave. Slave is brit dancing in a club, while Dirrty is xtina boxing with a random girl, and exploring all sorts of kinks, like mud fighting, golden showers etc. 

Even the genre is completely different, Dirrty is upbeat RnB, and slave is slow sensual HipHop.

Nobody bat an eyelid when Slave video came out, Dirrty caused massive controversy, it was even banned in Thailand. You weren't alive back then, so you have no idea how big Dirrty was worldwide, the song AND video.

Your explanation made some sense, but the part where you accused me of being not alive during those years is, well, kind of stupid. I'm not a 12 y.o. alright? My "mental gymnastics" was based on the literal concepts of each videos....with acknowledgement of context, ergo Mariah was not a teenage girl in Touch My Body video. Meanwhile your mental gymnastics refused to acknowledge the fact that both Britney and Christina were actual teenage girls trying to break out of their pop princess personas, thus why they were doing the similar sexy concept yet with different approach. I acknowledged that Xtina was doing it with bold vulgarity, compared to Britney who was vulgar but with an obviously conventional 'male gaze.' That's why I'm a Slave 4 U was a controversy for Britney, but was not on the same level as Christina with her ghetto "Xtina" persona. People were way harsher to the Madam than they were to Brit, but if you were actually alive back then, you would've already known it all.

1 hour ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

People were way harsher to the Madam than they were to Brit, but if you were actually alive back then, you would've already known it all.

I was alive back then, and not a toddler, and I can fully say you're 100% wrong. Xtina never got flack for changing her skin colour and accent. The controversy came purely from a slutshaming angle and her explicit image. 

The political correctness and social warrior-ism weren't a thing back then among general population and media. Social media didn't exist. We talked about it in debates in school and university, but nobody would talk about how it's wrong to darken your skin tone, we would debate about gay marriage back then, religion and how it's wrong for people to say "all muslims are terrorists", nobody cared about a pop star's skin colour.

Anyway, it wasn't until the prevalence of Twatter at around 2013 and onwards, that social justice warrior became an obnoxious and widespread thing among the general population and media. These days, people debate about any little thing a popstar does, and it' stupid and annoying.

Anyway, back on topic, I find your persistent shades towards Xtina extremely wrong, and that's why I made the remark you weren't alive back then or conscious enough to realise how popular Xtina was. She was on the same level as Britney.

I find both anti-britney and anti-xtina shades on here annoying and wrong. Think of how popular Madonna is, even at her peak, madonna would never ever reach Xtina or Britney's peak fame. That's all I'm gonna say.

The shades you and anti-brit/anti-xtina members throw around here all the time apply to people like Jessica Simpson, mandy moore, meghan trainor and carly rae jepsen all of which were popular at one point but never influenced anybody and stayed irrelevant for the rest of their lives.

Period.

2 hours ago, Free Britney said:

Think of how popular Madonna is, even at her peak, madonna would never ever reach Xtina or Britney's peak fame. 

I get you're trying to defend Brit and Xtina but sis this is objectively not true and you know it. Madonna's peak was the highest for any female artists and will probably remain the highest in history. Second is Britney and third Gaga.

It all has to do with how media was consumed back then. You couldn't escape Madonna in the 80s. Like I wasn't alive in the 80s and even I can realize this. There's a reason she's the highest selling female of all time. 

5 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

I get you're trying to defend Brit and Xtina but sis this is objectively not true and you know it. Madonna's peak was the highest for any female artists and will probably remain the highest in history. Second is Britney and third Gaga.

It all has to do with how media was consumed back then. You couldn't escape Madonna in the 80s. Like I wasn't alive in the 80s and even I can realize this. There's a reason she's the highest selling female of all time. 

Madonna serves longevity more than any other female artists, I can say that, but her fame was not as huge as Britney and Xtina. Madonna was competing with a lot of artists like MJ, Cyndi Lauper, whitney, janet etc. She didn't conquer an era by herself, that's not to say her peak wasn't huge, it defintely was, but no artist was under her shadow. From 1999-2006, Brit and Xtina totally dominated the entire pop scene, most artists were all in their shadows...

3 hours ago, Free Britney said:

I was alive back then, and not a toddler, and I can fully say you're 100% wrong. Xtina never got flack for changing her skin colour and accent. The controversy came purely from a slutshaming angle and her explicit image. 

The political correctness and social warrior-ism weren't a thing back then among general population and media. Social media didn't exist. We talked about it in debates in school and university, but nobody would talk about how it's wrong to darken your skin tone, we would debate about gay marriage back then, religion and how it's wrong for people to say "all muslims are terrorists", nobody cared about a pop star's skin colour.

Anyway, it wasn't until the prevalence of Twatter at around 2013 and onwards, that social justice warrior became an obnoxious and widespread thing among the general population and media. These days, people debate about any little thing a popstar does, and it' stupid and annoying.

Anyway, back on topic, I find your persistent shades towards Xtina extremely wrong, and that's why I made the remark you weren't alive back then or conscious enough to realise how popular Xtina was. She was on the same level as Britney.

I find both anti-britney and anti-xtina shades on here annoying and wrong. Think of how popular Madonna is, even at her peak, madonna would never ever reach Xtina or Britney's peak fame. That's all I'm gonna say.

The shades you and anti-brit/anti-xtina members throw around here all the time apply to people like Jessica Simpson, mandy moore, meghan trainor and carly rae jepsen all of which were popular at one point but never influenced anybody and stayed irrelevant for the rest of their lives.

Period.

Comma, I literally am comatose reading this statement. You moved from "tama you don't actually know a thing Xtina was a trendsetter and she's actually way more influential than Britney and anybody else!!!" to "you know what Xtina actually was as popular as Britney and as influential as she was but X had it worse because everyone slut shamed her that's what you don't understand it's not about her dark skin color nobody was woke back then!!!!!!!"

Your mental gymnastics is too much like a bunny trying to reach for the sky. A reach is a reach. I literally acknowledged X's vulgarity as the very thing that broke her image in a more spectacular way because everyone didn't know what to do with her "ghetto" image. Unlike B who obviously still appealed to the male gaze, but it doesn't mean that B didn't get slut shamed too! Like, everyone in the world was talking shit about Britney starting from the I Can't Get/Oops VMA which changed her image from bubblegum pop princess to sexy "slutty" popstar. You could even search for plenty of articles through Google. Do it.

20 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

Madonna serves longevity more than any other female artists, I can say that, but her fame was not as huge as Britney and Xtina. Madonna was competing with a lot of artists like MJ, Cyndi Lauper, whitney, janet etc. She didn't conquer an era by herself, that's not to say her peak wasn't huge, it defintely was, but no artist was under her shadow. From 1999-2006, Brit and Xtina totally dominated the entire pop scene, most artists were all in their shadows...

Uhm, haha. There's literally many big breakout popstars from 1999-2006. Just because they never sold millions like Brit and Christina does not mean they're not big. Jennifer Lopez was literally right there, and Beyoncé had been successful even before Britney debuted. Most? They're not in their shadows, unless we want to talk about the ones that were designed to look and sound like Brit and Christina. Of course those ones would be in their shadows. Also, stop with the "Madonna can't get as famous as Britney and Christina" nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

she's actually way more influential than Britney and anybody else!!!"

Girl, I would never ever claim that Xtina is more influential than Britney dead4 They're both on the same level. A lot of B fans love to say that X was in her shadow though, because she debutted later. But in my eyes, they're about the same. The media definitely paid more attention to Britney during their peaks, I used to feel sorry for Xtina, but then later on I realised she didn't want the attention and that she was an introvert, paparazzi even complained she wouldn't come out of her house for months so they couldn't take a candid pic.

5 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

Unlike B who obviously still appealed to the male gaze, but it doesn't mean that B didn't get slut shamed too! Like, everyone in the world was talking shit about Britney starting from the I Can't Get/Oops VMA which changed her image from bubblegum pop princess to sexy "slutty" popstar. You could even search for plenty of articles through Google. Do it.

Britney was slutshamed but people didn't make a big fuss over her sexual videos until If You Seek Amy when the moms got mad and realised their children were singing FUCK me. 

6 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

Uhm, haha. There's literally many big breakout popstars from 1999-2006. Just because they never sold millions like Brit and Christina does not mean they're not big. Jennifer Lopez was literally right there, and Beyoncé had been successful even before Britney debuted. Most? They're not in their shadows, unless we want to talk about the ones that were designed to look and sound like Brit and Christina.

Beyonce, JLo and Pink were definitely under their shadows, which I found to be funny because when X and Brit started declining, Beyonce and Pink definitely became more relevant and iconic. It's like a role reversal.

1 hour ago, Free Britney said:

Beyonce, JLo and Pink were definitely under their shadows, which I found to be funny because when X and Brit started declining, Beyonce and Pink definitely became more relevant and iconic. It's like a role reversal.

Bey's Dangerously In Love era was more popular than In The Zone and Stripped in 2003 and its proven by the many weeks her singles stayed at no.1. And BDay was definetly more successful than B2B. 

The shift started in 2003. But no one touched Brit and Xtina between 1999-2002. 

6 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Bey's Dangerously In Love era was more popular than In The Zone and Stripped in 2003 and its proven by the many weeks her singles stayed at no.1. And BDay was definetly more successful than B2B. 

The shift started in 2003. But no one touched Brit and Xtina between 1999-2002. 

Sis, charts are not indication of how popular something is. Toxic is definitely more remembered than Crazy In Love even though it never reached #1.

Personally, Beyonce started becoming really famous and heavily talked about after Single Ladies video came out, the kanye/taylor swift mess and then the collab with Gaga really propelled her to a new level of stardom. Then the self-titled and Lemonade really earned her artistic respect.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:55 PM, Gwen Stefanee said:

I think her label already marketed her as a "girl who can sing sing" ever since the beginning. However, I could see that it's also not, because she debuted "officially" with Genie in a Bottle, which is essentially a dance-pop/bubblegum pop song (even though she had already recorded the pop version of Reflection prior). Compare it to Jessica Simpson who came right out of the gate with I Wanna Love You Forever which was a proper AC ballad, so yeah....

I think it's true that she was automatically became an easy target for a future has been/ex-act status because of the teen star marketing in her early years, but she still managed to break through afterwards. Ultimately, what killed her momentum was her dedication to take long time in-between albums which, at the time, wasn't really the wisest thing to do unless you're either a veteran artist or an underground artist yet to break through the major market. There's also Bionic.

There. It just never been the same after that. katy2

It annoys me too that Xtina takes too long for albums. B2B was okay becaus we got 22 songs but Bionic should've came out in 2008 and a tour.

Every time there’s a new *talented* pop girl they name Xtina as an Influence

the two biggest ones right now, Ariana Grande and Dua Lipa have literally name dropped Xtina as an influence. Out of all the pop girls of that gen (pink, shakira, Britney, etc)

impact is more than just releasing an album and 10 singles every every year, quality over quantity xtina3

On 7/20/2021 at 11:21 PM, Cha Eunwoo said:

Calm down gurl. the delusion is real,” nobody bat an eyelid when slave video came out, dirty caused massive controversy” gurl that video nobody bat an eyelid for is replicated to this day, that choreography is iconic. dirty was fun but gurl you are reaching outside of this dimension with ur argument that dirty is this masterpiece, david lachapelle was a club kid and he incorporated that in the video and it wasn’t that “dirty” lbr. x wore the assless chaps for several live performances and i was alive then and you seem to forget the only reason x was getting any attention was because britney wasn’t doing anything, and even without competition x couldn’t manage to outsell a soundtrack to an eminem movie.ny1

Underneath the city lights
There is a world few know about
Where rules don't apply, no
And you can't keep a good girl down

d4epd9m-5426516d-391d-45ea-9750-274a237d

She's going through the club looking for a good time
Gonna make that
Shake that
Money on the dime
Don't need a sugga daddy
She'll be working it just fine
Up on the table
She'll be dancing all night (hee-eey)

tumblr_m24y78XsA11qac1soo1_500.gifv

On 7/25/2021 at 9:48 PM, rocky road said:

Every time there’s a new *talented* pop girl they name Xtina as an Influence

the two biggest ones right now, Ariana Grande and Dua Lipa have literally name dropped Xtina as an influence. Out of all the pop girls of that gen (pink, shakira, Britney, etc)

impact is more than just releasing an album and 10 singles every every year, quality over quantity xtina3

Taylor Swift, Gaga, Miley, Selena, Ariana and Dua Lipa have all expressed their love for Britney as an artist too. brit10  So has Billy Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo.

Not sure what you’re trying to do. 

On 7/25/2021 at 9:48 PM, rocky road said:

quality over quantity xtina3

Except we didn't even get quality mama. Xtina has only made 1.5 good albums babes. The rest were maybe one or two okay singles and poorly produced, badly written filler. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.