Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

Artists who have surprising bops

I'd like to keep the subject away from all of the faves, as they all serve bops (except Lana gag1)

I thought of this because I'm listening to some more tracks by The Eagles.

Before a few years ago I only really knew Hellhole Caliborenia and filed them in the Dad Rock category - you know - those bands that middle aged men wank on about but their music is actually SO DULL.

Well.

Let me tell you.

One Of These Nights is a soft rock/disco BAWP:

Bastille

Charlotte Lawrence

CHVRCHES

Pale Waves

Aly & AJ

Years & Years

Porter Robinson

Slayyyter

Laura Mvula

Japanese Breakfast

Josef Salvat

Hayley Kiyoko

Even if I don't listen to these artists mentioned above a lot more often, they do have some really good bops.

47 minutes ago, Urbi said:

This is such a lie

Queen of Disaster, Queen of the Gas Station and Driving In Cars With Boys yes.

But these are all unreleased.

30 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Queen of Disaster, Queen of the Gas Station and Driving In Cars With Boys yes.

But these are all unreleased.

the title is **surprising** bops and many people would be surprised to find many of her unreleased that are all over the internet are plenty of bops

16 hours ago, CHANEL #1 said:

I know you don't like NFR but let's not deny that Doin' Time was a bop and a half demi1 

I mean, I was going for a cheap drag if I'm completely honest. Doin' Time is a shining beacon among the smouldering rubble that is NFR demi1

14 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

Take That tbh... Their Progressed album is full of bops. 

I remember Love Love being played in a club and everyone being confused about it, but still dancing giveup2

3 hours ago, LÉON said:

I remember Love Love being played in a club and everyone being confused about it, but still dancing giveup2

A bop! true1 

I'm kind of surprised Man and SOS were never made singles, Man especially is really catchy. SOS managed to make it in to the UK charts despite never being a single. I think they were focusing on the Tour and album sales rather than singles and it clearly pulled off as the album was the best selling of 2010, 9th best selling in the UK in the 10s decade and the tour broke many records.

The album just stands out as it's not the sort of thing people expected. Especially given their previous two albums post-comeback had been in more of an adult contemporary direction.

The Circus especially was very conceptual in it's theming with a folk influence, whereas Progress(ed) couldn't be any further from A/C or Folk, it was straight up electronic pop.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.