Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Marina tested Covid-positive after attending Superspreader-Party

dnWQI4e.jpeg

Marina has revealed in an Instagram story that she and five of her friends had Covid-19 last week, even though she took both doses of the vaccine. 

Although not directly confirmed, it's very likely that she caught the virus after attending influencer Jordan Firstman's star-studded 30th Birthday Party, which was attended by a variety of other stars, including Dua Lipa, Charli XCX, Kim Petras, Tove Lo, Phoebe Bridgers, Caroline Polachek, Christine and the Queens and social media star Benny Drama. 

Dozens of people who were at the party that night have also confirmed that this party was where they contracted Covid-19.

Check out the pictures from the party below.

DCpjzZJ.jpegCaXt5A5.jpeg7CviFeU.jpegePU1fIA.jpegD9TpJtP.jpegfkqyYHr.jpeg

UPDATE: Caroline Polachek has since confirmed in a tweet that she is safe.

I might get dragged for saying this, and I feel incredible bad for her, since I stan her, but this is the risk of going to a party right now and that's why I only go to places where the COVID rules are very strict. Even though some countries are safe to travel to, covid is still not gone and we haven't won yet. People should be more careful and keep at least 1,5 metres distance. I hope Marina recovers soon, it really sucks to have covid! cry9 

Kim Petras, Tove Lo, Phoebe Bridgers and Caroline Polachek were also there too..

I can't even feel bad for her, or for any of these other people if they got it. I hope they don't become spreader themselves of course, but at this point I think everyone knew and fully understood what the risks of going to a party are and they did it anyways. Hope she feels better soon though.

22 minutes ago, Snow said:

I can't even feel bad for her, or for any of these other people if they got it. I hope they don't become spreader themselves of course, but at this point I think everyone knew and fully understood what the risks of going to a party are and they did it anyways. Hope she feels better soon though.

In the beginning of the pandemic I'd feel bad tbh but at this point we need to learn to live with the disease. Living years in lockdown won't be the solution 

1 hour ago, Free Britney said:

Wow, didn't know you could still get infected even double vaccinated. I-

The vaccine doesn't stop you carrying the virus or testing positive, it just protects you from the worst effects of the virus. If she's been vaccinated she'll be fine, but she just needs to isolate so she can't spread it to someone vulnerable. 

7 minutes ago, Simón. said:

In the beginning of the pandemic I'd feel bad tbh but at this point we need to learn to live with the disease. Living years in lockdown won't be the solution 

Yeah, it's pretty established that Covid-19 will never go away permanently. It'll always be there, we'll just adapt to it, the same way we did with flu.

But it's things like these that makes the road there so much harder, and so much longer.

15 minutes ago, Snow said:

Yeah, it's pretty established that Covid-19 will never go away permanently. It'll always be there, we'll just adapt to it, the same way we did with flu.

But it's things like these that makes the road there so much harder, and so much longer.

Or it is the beginning of normalization? It's difficult to judge the situation correctly tbh rip4 Considering how the Delta variant is peaking in countries where the vaccinate rate is high you are probably correct 

4 minutes ago, Simón. said:

Or it is the beginning of normalization? It's difficult to judge the situation correctly tbh rip4 Considering how the Delta variant is peaking in countries where the vaccinate rate is high you are probably correct 

I don't think as a generalisation it's either tbh. Some countries are in the position to head for normality while others are not. England basically got rid of most restrictions from today so it'll be interesting to see how things go there. 

2 hours ago, Royalty said:

I might get dragged for saying this, and I feel incredible bad for her, since I stan her, but this is the risk of going to a party right now and that's why I only go to places where the COVID rules are very strict. Even though some countries are safe to travel to, covid is still not gone and we haven't won yet. People should be more careful and keep at least 1,5 metres distance. I hope Marina recovers soon, it really sucks to have covid! cry9 

I totally agree with you. I'd rather wait until the majority would get vaccinated before it's ''over''. I mean, College won't fully open until March over here so nicki5

10 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I don't think as a generalisation it's either tbh. Some countries are in the position to head for normality while others are not. England basically got rid of most restrictions from today so it'll be interesting to see how things go there. 

I'm actually surprised nobody in England got it considering tehy partied hard for football.

2 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

I'm actually surprised nobody in England got it considering tehy partied hard for football.

Positive cases have increased in the UK but as the most vulnerable are all pretty much vaccinated it's not that bad of an impact. The issue the UK is more having at the moment is staff shortages due to people having to self isolate. 

13 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

UK will be indeed interesting rip4 isn't uk pacing 50k daily infections ? 

18 minutes ago, Simón. said:

UK will be indeed interesting rip4 isn't uk pacing 50k daily infections ? 

Yeah but it's not as clear cut as that, you can't really compare cases now with 6 months ago as the circumstances are completely different. Not only is testing up now and more reliable but many people are testing positive despite having no symptoms at all, they're simply just carrying the virus, which shows that the vaccines are working as intended.

It's the hospitalisations and deaths that they need to keep an eye on and thus far they're not of concern, at the moment the vast majority of people who have been hospitalised are young people who haven't went forward for the vaccine, it's not vulnerable people hence the death rate staying low. 

_119480387_uk_daily_deaths_with_ra_18jul

The simple thing is that the virus isn't going away so we need to adapt to live with it and that's what the vaccines allow us to do, so get vaccinated if you haven't already and can!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.