Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

How many more fraudulent weeks is BTS gonna stay at #1 until Billboard adjusts their rules?

Yet another BTS bomb called "Permission To Dance" has debuted at #1 on the Hot 100 despite being nowhere to be found on streaming or airplay charts, just like Butter  nicki4 They have now spent the last 2.5 months at #1 fuelled by website sales and fan mass-buying nicki4 

Last year Billboard stopped counting bundles after they were excessively used by certain artists and produced skewed charts.. since then the endless parade of #1 debuts (not just by BTS) has continued and only very rarely has the #1 charting song actually been the most popular song in the US. So Billboard is 100% thinking about ways to make their charts more accurate and end this pointless fan mass-buying. Either that, or they risk becoming irrelevant nicki4 

12 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

What's the difference between this song and a song like Rain On Me though? They both are bops, have shallow lyrics and make you feel good. um2

Really don't understand the hate.

Because it doesn't reflect on what the GP really listens to. ROM was #1 for one week and then it was like steady for a few weeks and then left the charts. Meanwhile they have been several weeks at #1 due mass buying/funding from stans when in fact the vast majority didn't listen to the song. It's free-falling on every streaming service, it's only strong on the iTunes chart. 

Technically there's nothing wrong with that, but it just gives a wrong image of what the USA is listening. "good 4 u" has been the biggest song on Spotify, Apple Music, etc. this year and it comes out in the charts, it's been going strong ever since its debut whereas everytime a new BTS drops, the old song completely free-falls because they stopped mass-funding. 

Plus, ever since they went mainstream with Dynamite, their music have been lackluster in every single possible way. It could have been sung by anyone and this isn't even subjective. 

It might not be the most popular song in the US, but if they can sell that many copies they still deserve the #1 imo um2 So what if its just bought by their fans?

its annoying but stans have manipulating the charts a lot the past few years, not just BTS nicki4 also their song has 80 million plays and 180 million views so you cannot say they don't get streamed, this isn't the first number-one that not many know how it sounds, i can name many number-ones from the last years that i don't know how they sound nicki4

Completely undeserved inorganic hit. That’s not just BTS but a lot of songs these days. Billboard needs to drastically change their rules. I’m tired of seeing every song debut at number one for one week then drop off the next. That’s why I stopped keeping up with charts a long time ago.

2 hours ago, fab said:

they should just remove sales from the Hot 100 entirely rav1 

Consider: Taylor and Adele

It's not that sales shouldn't count and that's a new metric needs to be made for them along with streams and radio play (eve1)

I don't really think there's anything that can fix billboard at this point. Considering how many #1 debuts that have happened for some reason, it's genuinely become too easy and doesn't really feel like an accomplishment anymore.

Not that #1s ever meant all that much in the first place.

As for the rest of this thread, shitty song or not, are we pretending a lot of people buying a song doesn't show there's demand for it?

Are we suddenly gonna invalidate every hit before streaming?

It may feel inorganic sure, but are y'all trying to tell me during the teen pop era fans weren't organizing as best as they could at the time to buy the hell out of the Backstreet Boys or NSYNC's music? What about Justin Bieber and Baby?

Rabid fans have always existed, as well as hits that come and go. I can't believe I need to actually defend BTS here to say that.

This is getting annoying. Everytime I open the YouTube app on my phone I get spammed with this BoTSs advert. lana9

Also screaming at the cultural appropriation. Buts it's okay. mad1

Spoiler

a9cKb2D.jpg

4 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

Don't act like any fave is innocent of cultural appropriation:

Hide contents

I see no cultural appropriation there. 

16 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

Of course you can't since it's your fave.

The chopsticks in the hair? Playing with robots... showing sushi like it's the only important part of Japanese culture. um2

This is cultural appropriation towards Scotland since she's wearing tartan. mad12

Spoiler

CIza5rdJZyX%20(1).jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.