Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Taylor will NOT be submitting 'Fearless (Taylor's Version)' to the Grammys

Taylor Swift, 'Fearless'

Taylor Swift has pulled Fearless (Taylor’s Version), her 2021 re-recorded album of her 2008 second studio release, from Grammy and CMA Awards contention.

“After careful consideration, Taylor Swift will not be submitting Fearless (Taylor’s Version) in any category at this year’s upcoming Grammy and CMA Awards,” according to a Republic Records representative. “Fearless has already won four Grammys including album of the year, as well as the CMA Award for album of the year in 2009/2010 and remains the most awarded country album of all time.”

The statement goes on to add that Swift’s ninth studio album, Evermore, released in December 2020, will be submitted to the Grammys for consideration in all eligible categories. Swift’s decision leaves room for voters to focus on Evermore, rather than potentially split their votes between the two projects.

x

It wouldn't get enough support from Country voters anyway to even get a nomination, let alone win, considering the fact she abandoned Country music after "Red".

"1989" original has already won AOTY (Kendrick/The Weeknd were robbed); that's a good reason why she should've released "1989 TV" after "Fearless TV",

to get them both out the way and focus on promoting "Evermore".

I don't think she'll end up submitting ANY of her re-recordings tbh.

And I don't think "Red TV" will be the only album she releases during the 2021/2022 Eligibility Period.

3 minutes ago, V For Vendetta said:

focus on promoting "Evermore".

Well, she abandoned the era a long time ago, so that's not happening dead2 the next album she'll promote will be TS10.

I do agree with you though, I think this will set a precedent for the other re-recordings. The chances of a re-recording getting anywhere is very small anyways, people like to act like she's all powerful and that she could get anything nominated if she wanted to, but Reputation was locked out of even the smaller fields, and Lover was (rightfully) snubbed, so Fearless TV getting anywhere feels very much like a stretch.

Also, I will also mention that the "Secret Voting Committee" has been eliminated thanks to The Weeknd controversy, so things might be very, very different this year. I'm not sure how much of a change it'd be, but I don't think she'd have to rely on the Country voters anymore if she wanted to push Fearless TV, cause they might not even exist anymore. The Grammys voting body was also predominantly old white men, and they're diversifying this year with younger, non-white voters.

Fearless is the most awarded country album and Taylor knows what’s enough. Don’t forget what is the main reason behind re-recordings - it’s not awards or acclaim. Taylor just wants her songs back. 

9 hours ago, Free Britney said:

Smart decision, tbh. Fearless TV was lowkey a non-event. nicki5

I think she should submit Red TV for 2023 grammys though, Red was robbed!

I don’t think she will. Awards and acclaim are not the goal like I said above. 

4 minutes ago, Urbi said:

I don’t think she will. Awards and acclaim are not the goal like I said above. 

Seconding this actually!

If she was scared of the nominations process (Country voters and all), she wouldn't have pulled it out of the CMAs where Country voters wouldn't be a problem and she could have gotten nominated easily. At this point, I don't think any of the re-recordings are going to be submitted to anything. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.