Jump to content
Mario

My personal raking of Mariah's albums

Recommended Posts

Favourite album?: MariahCarey

So, I also ranked all Mariah's studio albums from my least favourite to favourite, NOT best and worst. It's all based on my PERSONAL taste/opinion.

 

15. Memories Of An Imperfect Angel

Mariahcarey memoirsofanimperfectangel.png

I don't really care for it except a few songs. just like some songs.

Fave songs: Obsessed, HATEU, Candy Bling, Inseparable, Angels Cry, Ribbon, The Impossible

14. Emotions

A brunette woman in a white low-cut minidress standing in front of a dark, sepia-toned desert-like background, hair flailing upward in the wind, the words "MARIAH CAREY" on the upper right hand side of the artwork and the word "EMOTIONS" vertically spelled out from the top down towards the bottom left hand side of the artwork.

Don't really care for it except for some songs. And the songs i like from this album are GOOD!

Fave songs: Emotions, Can't Let Go, Make It Happen, If It's Over, So Blessed

13. Merry Christmas II You

A woman kneeling down with a snowman next to her

it's cute, but the first one is much better and the Christmas Special last year was also much better.

Fave songs: Oh Santa, When Christmas Comes, Auld Lang Syne (The New Year's Anthem), Christmas Time Is in the Air Again, One Child, Here Comes Santa Claus

 

Now my most favourites...

12. Charmbracelet

A close-up of a blond woman, whose mouth is a little open and her right hand is partially visible on top of her head. At the bottom of the image, the words "MARIAH CAREY" and "Charmbracelet" are written in white letters.

Not as bad as its made out to be, it has some nice tracks.

Fave songs: Through The Rain, Boy I Need You, The One, Yours, My Saving Grace, Lullaby, Bringing On The Heartbreak

11. E=MC2

E=MC2 Mariah Carey.png

It Has Grown On Me.  It's really good, and it has a nice vibe on it. Also it has some of her hidden great tracks like Migrate, Love Story and the underrated ballad I STAY IN LOVE just to name a few.

Fave songs: Migrate, Touch My Body, I Stay In Love, I'm That Chick, Love Story, I'll Be Loving  You Long Time, Last Kiss, Bye Bye, I Wish You Well, Heat, 4real4real.

10. Debut

A curly-haired young brunette woman with black straps around her shoulders. The words "MARIAH CAREY" on the top of the image, upper-cased.

truly an AMAZING way to start it all and its singles and songs were GREAT! 👌 and i feel a lot of nostalgia while listening to it, this one brings me many memories.

Fave songs: Vision Of Love, Someday, IDWC, Alone in Love, Prisoner, Love Takes Time

9. Glitter

Glitter Mariah Carey.png

A MISSUNDERSTOOD CLASSIC! PeriodT #JusticeForGlitter

Fave songs: Loverboy, Lead The Way, If We, Didn't Mean To Turn You On, Don't Stop, Reflections, Last Night A DJ Saved My Life, Never Too Far, Twister, All My Life

8. Music Box

Music Box Mariah Carey.png

it's not as bad as lambs claim it is, i enjoy it.

Fave songs: Dreamlover, Hero, Anytime You Need A Friend, Now That I Know, Never Forget You, Without You, Everything Fades Away

7. CAUTION

File:Mariah Carey - Caution.png

Underrated and Mimi delivered with this one too! this and MIAM were a complete returns to form!

Fave Songs: GTFO, With You, Caution, A No No No, The Distance, Giving Me Life, 8th Grade, Portrait, Runaway.

6. Daydream

Mariah Carey - Daydream.png

The vocals alone carried the whole album and the melodies and the songs here were simply AMAZING to hear! it also brings me so many memories!

Fave Songs: Fantasy, Underneath The Stars, Open Arms, One Sweet Day, Always Be My Baby, When I Saw You, Melt Away, Forever, Looking In

5. Rainbow

Mariah Carey Rainbow.png

Really cool and urban...love it! And it's another CLASSIC! 

Fave Songs: Heartbreaker, Can't Take That Away, Bliss, How much, After Tonight, X-Girlfriend, Against All The Odds, Crybaby, Petals, Against All The Odds

4. Me I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse

Me I Am Mariah: The Elusive Chanteuse [Deluxe Edition] [5/27] * by Mariah  Carey | eBay

Ok, I'm ready to get dragged for this onebebe1 ...But i think MIAM is GREAT and definitely her best out of her recent stuff and it has a lot of her hidden jams that not many lambs talk about. The visuals of this era were also amazing (this album deserved to be a visual album imo) and i believe this is a misunderstood classic!

Fave songs: Cry, Faded, Beautiful, Thirsty, Dedicated, You're Mine, You Don't Know What to Do, Supernatural, Meteorite, Camouflage, Money, One More Try, Heavenly, The Art Of Letting Go, America the Beautiful.

3. Merry Christmas

A woman wearing a red suit with a snow background.

Best Christmas Album EVERY. TIMELESS. CLASSIC! Every single song is a certified classic

Fave Songs: All I Want For Christmas Is You, O Holy Night, Miss You Most (At Christmas Time), Silent Night, Joy To The World,  Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, Jesus Oh What a Wonderful Child

2. The Emancipation Of Mimi

A bronzed woman wearing a gold dress and heels, standing behind a black backdrop.

This still sounds fresh and it's THE DEFINITION OF A COMEBACK! And her most fun album for sure!

Fave songs: It's Like That, WBT, Shake It Off, Mine Again, Say Something, Get Your Number, Circles, Your Girl, Fly Like A Bird, To The Floor, I Wish You Knew, Sprung, Secret Love, Don't Forget About Us, I Pray and Joy Ride

1. Butterfly

Image shows Carey standing in front of a brown/gold background in a beige sleeveless and mid-baring top, with darker matching pants. Her hair is long and golden-auburn, and is flowing in the air. Carey's left hand is touching the flowing tips of her hair and has a jeweled belt along her navel.

and of course this is my fave Mariah album. This has her best melodies and vocals (along with Daydream), her most mature work, the visuals were TOP TIER and is an overall EXPERIENCE! It has no fillers and every song is AMAZING! Gorgeous and ethereal.

Fave songs: Honey, Butterfly, My All, The Roof, 4th Of July, Breakdown, Babydoll, Close My Eyes, Whenever You Call, Fly Away, The Beautiful Ones, Outside.

Such a STRONG and AMAZING discography!

so... thoughts?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phoebe said:

Me. I Am Mariah... The Bombing Chanteuse, Rainbow and Merry Christmas above Daydream and Caution? bey10

Taste at the top 2 tho. bey10

For me the ones from 1 to 12 are all EXCELLENT. but yes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Royale said:

I appreciate you not ranking Rainbow & E=MC2 at the bottom. Memoirs being last ain’t it tho. bey10

Thank you. I really like Rainbow tho. And EMC2 grew on me, i like it. And you are awesome :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mario said:

Favourite album?: MariahCarey

So, I also ranked all Mariah's studio albums from my least favourite to favourite, NOT best and worst. It's all based on my PERSONAL taste/opinion.

 

15. Memories Of An Imperfect Angel

Mariahcarey memoirsofanimperfectangel.png

I don't really care for it except a few songs. just like some songs.

Fave songs: Obsessed, HATEU, Candy Bling, Inseparable, Angels Cry, Ribbon, The Impossible

14. Emotions

A brunette woman in a white low-cut minidress standing in front of a dark, sepia-toned desert-like background, hair flailing upward in the wind, the words "MARIAH CAREY" on the upper right hand side of the artwork and the word "EMOTIONS" vertically spelled out from the top down towards the bottom left hand side of the artwork.

Don't really care for it except for some songs. And the songs i like from this album are GOOD!

Fave songs: Emotions, Can't Let Go, Make It Happen, If It's Over, So Blessed

13. Merry Christmas II You

A woman kneeling down with a snowman next to her

it's cute, but the first one is much better and the Christmas Special last year was also much better.

Fave songs: Oh Santa, When Christmas Comes, Auld Lang Syne (The New Year's Anthem), Christmas Time Is in the Air Again, One Child, Here Comes Santa Claus

 

Now my most favourites...

12. Charmbracelet

A close-up of a blond woman, whose mouth is a little open and her right hand is partially visible on top of her head. At the bottom of the image, the words "MARIAH CAREY" and "Charmbracelet" are written in white letters.

Not as bad as its made out to be, it has some nice tracks.

Fave songs: Through The Rain, Boy I Need You, The One, Yours, My Saving Grace, Lullaby, Bringing On The Heartbreak

11. E=MC2

E=MC2 Mariah Carey.png

It Has Grown On Me.  It's really good, and it has a nice vibe on it. Also it has some of her hidden great tracks like Migrate, Love Story and the underrated ballad I STAY IN LOVE just to name a few.

Fave songs: Migrate, Touch My Body, I Stay In Love, I'm That Chick, Love Story, I'll Be Loving  You Long Time, Last Kiss, Bye Bye, I Wish You Well, Heat, 4real4real.

10. Debut

A curly-haired young brunette woman with black straps around her shoulders. The words "MARIAH CAREY" on the top of the image, upper-cased.

truly an AMAZING way to start it all and its singles and songs were GREAT! 👌 and i feel a lot of nostalgia while listening to it, this one brings me many memories.

Fave songs: Vision Of Love, Someday, IDWC, Alone in Love, Prisoner, Love Takes Time

9. Glitter

Glitter Mariah Carey.png

A MISSUNDERSTOOD CLASSIC! PeriodT #JusticeForGlitter

Fave songs: Loverboy, Lead The Way, If We, Didn't Mean To Turn You On, Don't Stop, Reflections, Last Night A DJ Saved My Life, Never Too Far, Twister, All My Life

8. Music Box

Music Box Mariah Carey.png

it's not as bad as lambs claim it is, i enjoy it.

Fave songs: Dreamlover, Hero, Anytime You Need A Friend, Now That I Know, Never Forget You, Without You, Everything Fades Away

7. CAUTION

File:Mariah Carey - Caution.png

Underrated and Mimi delivered with this one too! this and MIAM were a complete returns to form!

Fave Songs: GTFO, With You, Caution, A No No No, The Distance, Giving Me Life, 8th Grade, Portrait, Runaway.

6. Daydream

Mariah Carey - Daydream.png

The vocals alone carried the whole album and the melodies and the songs here were simply AMAZING to hear! it also brings me so many memories!

Fave Songs: Fantasy, Underneath The Stars, Open Arms, One Sweet Day, Always Be My Baby, When I Saw You, Melt Away, Forever, Looking In

5. Rainbow

Mariah Carey Rainbow.png

Really cool and urban...love it! And it's another CLASSIC! 

Fave Songs: Heartbreaker, Can't Take That Away, Bliss, How much, After Tonight, X-Girlfriend, Against All The Odds, Crybaby, Petals, Against All The Odds

4. Me I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse

Me I Am Mariah: The Elusive Chanteuse [Deluxe Edition] [5/27] * by Mariah  Carey | eBay

Ok, I'm ready to get dragged for this onebebe1 ...But i think MIAM is GREAT and definitely her best out of her recent stuff and it has a lot of her hidden jams that not many lambs talk about. The visuals of this era were also amazing (this album deserved to be a visual album imo) and i believe this is a misunderstood classic!

Fave songs: Cry, Faded, Beautiful, Thirsty, Dedicated, You're Mine, You Don't Know What to Do, Supernatural, Meteorite, Camouflage, Money, One More Try, Heavenly, The Art Of Letting Go, America the Beautiful.

3. Merry Christmas

A woman wearing a red suit with a snow background.

Best Christmas Album EVERY. TIMELESS. CLASSIC! Every single song is a certified classic

Fave Songs: All I Want For Christmas Is You, O Holy Night, Miss You Most (At Christmas Time), Silent Night, Joy To The World,  Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, Jesus Oh What a Wonderful Child

2. The Emancipation Of Mimi

A bronzed woman wearing a gold dress and heels, standing behind a black backdrop.

This still sounds fresh and it's THE DEFINITION OF A COMEBACK! And her most fun album for sure!

Fave songs: It's Like That, WBT, Shake It Off, Mine Again, Say Something, Get Your Number, Circles, Your Girl, Fly Like A Bird, To The Floor, I Wish You Knew, Sprung, Secret Love, Don't Forget About Us, I Pray and Joy Ride

1. Butterfly

Image shows Carey standing in front of a brown/gold background in a beige sleeveless and mid-baring top, with darker matching pants. Her hair is long and golden-auburn, and is flowing in the air. Carey's left hand is touching the flowing tips of her hair and has a jeweled belt along her navel.

and of course this is my fave Mariah album. This has her best melodies and vocals (along with Daydream), her most mature work, the visuals were TOP TIER and is an overall EXPERIENCE! It has no fillers and every song is AMAZING! Gorgeous and ethereal.

Fave songs: Honey, Butterfly, My All, The Roof, 4th Of July, Breakdown, Babydoll, Close My Eyes, Whenever You Call, Fly Away, The Beautiful Ones, Outside.

Such a STRONG and AMAZING discography!

so... thoughts?

 

Honestly, I don't listen to Mariah. But I do like MIAM cuz it's very cool and unique!

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Euglena50 said:

Honestly, I don't listen to Mariah. But I do like MIAM cuz it's very cool and unique!

cool!

15 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

You kind of have a taste, yes! But Music Box is too high on the list. aura1

Thanks, but it's really not THAT bad

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mario said:

cool!

Thanks, but it's really not THAT bad

 

Well, compared to the mess that is Glitter of course it's not that bad. aura1

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

Well, compared to the mess that is Glitter of course it's not that bad. aura1

Glitter, a mess? Now you have got some explaining to do. You do love lengthy posts, go ahead!

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Royale said:

Glitter, a mess? Now you have got some explaining to do. You do love lengthy posts, go ahead!

It's her Bionic! Or rather, Bionic is Xtina's Glitter! Both are "ahead of its time" a.k.a. ill-advised yet lovely mess each. I am not programmed to lie, yes. aura1 Mariah had tried the retro-80s concept long before Carly Rae Jepsen could even ask a gay to call her, maybe!

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Gwen Stefanee said:

It's her Bionic! Or rather, Bionic is Xtina's Glitter! Both are "ahead of its time"

And? both are great imo

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

Not that bad of a ranking but some of them were a choice, Snooze Box doesn't deserve to be so high. 

Thanks. I don't think MB is THAT bad tho. 

2 hours ago, Free Britney said:

The xmas albums are so high, they should be bottom 2. nicki5

My top 5 would be Emancipation, Music Box, Daydream, Butterfly, and E=MC.

Taste :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's definitely... a ranking!  

I appreciate you not ranking Rainbow & E=MC2 at the bottom. Memoirs being last ain’t it tho. 

Fave songs: whole album.   


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×