Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Max

P!nk offers to pay fine issued to Norway's beach handball players for not wearing bikini bottoms

p-nk-2a8c1.jpg

Pop star Pink has offered to pay the 1,500 euro ($2,407) fine handed to Norway's beach handball team after the women wore bike shorts instead of bikini bottoms at a European championship match

The European Handball Federation (EHF) said in a statement the shorts worn by the players during the match against Spain in Bulgaria were "not according to the Athlete Uniform Regulations".

On Twitter, singer Pink said she was willing to pay for the team's penalty, which was 150 euros per player. 

"I’m very proud of the Norwegian female beach handball team for protesting the very sexist rules about their 'uniform'," she wrote. 

x

Why do people attribute everything to sexism? dead4

The uniform code is there for a reason, like you wouldn't wear a surfing suit to play a tennis match or wear a leotard to play football, or wear loose clothings to do gymnastics. 

If they don't like the uniform code, and want to wear bike shorts, then do cycling. hottie1

12 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

Why do people attribute everything to sexism? dead4

The uniform code is there for a reason, like you wouldn't wear a surfing suit to play a tennis match or wear a leotard to play football, or wear loose clothings to do gymnastics. 

If they don't like the uniform code, and want to wear bike shorts, then do cycling. hottie1

That's bullshit, mama.

2 minutes ago, Max said:

iT's NoT SeXiSt

gO pLaY FoOtBaLl

w69gc3jnhec71.jpg

Men also have to wear underwear when doing swimming, water polo or diving  dead4 It's not that deep sis.

Like I said before, women in gymnastics have to wear leotards, but men don't. Does it make it sexist? no. it's part of the uniform code. If those ladies want to wear bike shorts, then do cycling, nobody is forcing them to play beach handball. 

3 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

Men also have to wear underwear when doing swimming, water polo or diving  dead4 It's not that deep sis.

Like I said before, women in gymnastics have to wear leotards, but men don't. Does it make it sexist? no. it's part of the uniform code. If those ladies want to wear bike shorts, then do cycling, nobody is forcing them to play beach handball. 

Because it actually puts them at a disadvantage if they don't. When playing handball your clothes are really a non factor. If it weren't, men would be required to wear slips as well - but they're not. They can wear pants - even loose ones at that.

So the fact that women are to wear the tiny ones that show their body - yes - is absolutely a sexist problem. If you're not seeing this I don't think there's any common ground between us to even discuss this.

Also please delete your last statement. It's stupid and in poor taste.

16 minutes ago, Max said:

Because it actually puts them at a disadvantage if they don't. When playing handball your clothes are really a non factor. If it weren't, men would be required to wear slips as well - but they're not. They can wear pants - even loose ones at that.

So the fact that women are to wear the tiny ones that show their body - yes - is absolutely a sexist problem. If you're not seeing this I don't think there's any common ground between us to even discuss this.

Also please delete your last statement. It's stupid and in poor taste.

If there's a sport that's played on sands on the beach that has women in bike shorts, then I would see the sexism in it. But literally every sports on the beach require bikinis, beach volleyball, marathons, triathlons, why would beach handball be any different?

And no, I'm not going to delete my comment. I only delete something if I believe I was wrong, in this case, I'm not. 

3 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

If there's a sport that's played on sands on the beach that has women in bike shorts, then I would see the sexism in it. But literally every sports on the beach require bikinis, beach volleyball, marathons, triathlons, why would beach handball be any different?

And no, I'm not going to delete my comment. I only delete something if I believe I was wrong, in this case, I'm not. 

Why would it require people who identify as women to wear these if it doesn’t require their male counterparts? Like… what’s not clicking sis?

@Free Britney literally look at the photo above at what the men are wearing playing the same sport and what the women are wearing. Nobody forces the men to wear bikinis where u can see their ass crack like the women. 

This isn't a swimming sport and biker shorts are comfortable to play with and they are the same length of what the men usually wear. So yes this is a sexist reason because ww expect women to show the most skin when playing sports or doing any basic thing so men call oggle at thier bodies. 

1 hour ago, Max said:

Why would it require people who identify as women to wear these if it doesn’t require their male counterparts? Like… what’s not clicking sis?

42 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

@Free Britney literally look at the photo above at what the men are wearing playing the same sport and what the women are wearing. Nobody forces the men to wear bikinis where u can see their ass crack like the women. 

This isn't a swimming sport and biker shorts are comfortable to play with and they are the same length of what the men usually wear. So yes this is a sexist reason because ww expect women to show the most skin when playing sports or doing any basic thing so men call oggle at thier bodies. 

Because other sports have similar rules when it comes to uniform...:

57b4bc49dd0895ca5c8b49dc?width=1136&format=jpeghqdefault.jpg

This is men's and women's gymnastics, both on the floor and vault apparatus, and men are not required to wear leotards while women are required. In addition, women are also required to wear MAKEUP, whereas men don't. 

Also you can't say wearing leotards gives advantage since MEN can do vaults in shorts. But women are not allowed to wear shorts or any other clothing, period.

The same thing also applies in figure skating, women are required to wear make up where as male counterparts don't. 

I don't see St!nk screaming sexism in this... she's just exploiting this situation to make it seem like she's some sort of feminist fighting for women's rights, which is why I don't agree with her.

Also a fine is not the worst thing that can happen, in gymnastics and other sports if a woman is wearing anything other than a leotard or what is listed in the uniform code, they would get disqualified immediately. dead4

10 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

Also a fine is not the worst thing that can happen, in gymnastics and other sports if a woman is wearing anything other than a leotard or what is listed in the uniform code, they would get disqualified immediately. dead4

The fact that you don't see a problem in this is worrisome.

Anyhow, P!nk is a legend for this and I'm glad to see her talking being followed with actions. That's what we need more of if we want to move forward as society. clap3

5 minutes ago, Max said:

The fact that you don't see a problem in this is worrisome.

I truly don't. brit1brit1brit1 If this was the only sport that requires women to wear underwear, I would see the sexism in it, but literally so many sports require revealing clothings in women, but not for the men counterparts.

Serena Williams' leotard was banned from the French Open, with the organisers citing it being too "sexy", and people screamed "sexism" too. So what exactly is not "sexist"? To let people wear whatever they want? It's just not how professional sports work. The uniform code is there so that people don't show up in wedding gowns and sundays' bests, if athletes don't adhere to it, they get fined, it's simple as that. Male athletes get fined too for not wearing the right uniform.

GettyImages-963587684.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.