Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Unnecessary tangent that contributes, nonetheless!

And that's Mariah no middle name Carey. And yes, she's doing it again, maybe even weirder considering that now she's mostly in control of her career and now that Mariah apparently likes her. A proof:

Mariah had covered this song on plenty of dates during her Around the World. She even had sung it with the actual singer of the song, Olivia Newton-John. Here is a video:

This could very well just be a reach, but coincidences aren't that coincidental most of the time. gaga1

The problem is not if Ariana sounds good, because she does sound good. Amazing, even, especially with the whistle notes. BUT...it seems to me that many people today like to forget that she started to be extremely popular because she had covered Emotions by Mariah. After that, she was molded to be another Mariah "successor," like many had been many times before. Unlike people like Christina Aguilera and Jessica Simpson, however, Ariana has become the one who has definitely succeeded to be that successor even if you would like to deny it.

She had apparently waited approximately 5 years to build her own artistry to distinguish herself against Mariah's music. She had generated so many hits despite the hits being somewhat questionable (Stuck with U, Positions) in quality. But now that Mariah embraces her and it's a "mother daughter moment awww," even though Mariah's daughter is RIGHT THERE in her mansion, even the Lambs seem to have forgotten how distasteful that whole comparison once had been. And how everyone just regard her very highly these days.

Honestly, this is not a hate post towards Ariana. This is just me viewing it as it is: this girl will forever be a Mariah-modeled popstar and her current state of artistry, once again, replicates that of Mariah. The more prominent usage of whistles now, the entirety of Positions basically being a what-if Mariah album, and many more. She doesn't have an originality considering Victoria Monet basically wrote her recent music, and that's completely ok. It's just needed to be admitted, and that's it. That's why Sweetener, to me, is her best album to date...even if Thank U, Next had given her those number one hits.

4 minutes ago, Ruby said:

The problem is not if Ariana sounds good, because she does sound good. Amazing, even, especially with the whistle notes. BUT...it seems to me that many people today like to forget that she started to be extremely popular because she had covered Emotions by Mariah. After that, she was molded to be another Mariah "successor," like many had been many times before. Unlike people like Christina Aguilera and Jessica Simpson, however, Ariana has become the one who has definitely succeeded to be that successor even if you would like to deny it.

Lol

She had apparently waited approximately 5 years to build her own artistry to distinguish herself against Mariah's music. She had generated so many hits despite the hits being somewhat questionable (Stuck with U, Positions) in quality. But now that Mariah embraces her and it's a "mother daughter moment awww," even though Mariah's daughter is RIGHT THERE in her mansion, even the Lambs seem to have forgotten how distasteful that whole comparison once had been. And how everyone just regard her very highly these days.

gag1 

Honestly, this is not a hate post towards Ariana. This is just me viewing it as it is: this girl will forever be a Mariah-modeled popstar and her current state of artistry, once again, replicates that of Mariah. The more prominent usage of whistles now, the entirety of Positions basically being a what-if Mariah album, and many more. She doesn't have an originality considering Victoria Monet basically wrote her recent music, and that's completely ok. It's just needed to be admitted, and that's it. That's why Sweetener, to me, is her best album to date...even if Thank U, Next had given her those number one hits.

lol3 

I fucks with you but you just wrote a whole lot of nothing here. Sweetener is her best album though, I'll give you that. It's kinda her Butterfly in a sense because both albums were such a major change in style and music for them both.

I acknowledge already that she is one of the best singers, and her live performances sound better than the recordings (not after her vocal peak though). I bought Emancipation way back in 2005 and loved every song.

I don't have hatred for her. I just think her clamps overrate her way too much so I love bringing up her vocal fails and unsold tours. Singers are influenced by her voice, music etc. But they don't sound like her at all, or her clone. 

Christina doesn't sound like her, neither does Ariana. They both have their own sound. Both are also at their vocal peak, McRiah's vocal peak was like over 20+ years ago, but the clamps can't face this fact, for some reason.

This is what a clone sounds like, Glennis grace sounding exactly like Whitney:

Spoiler

Anyway, even after telling you this, you're going to keep continue to delusionally believe that Ariana is trying to be the next McRiah Coroney, so it never ends. What is the point of even replying anymore.

1 hour ago, Free Britney said:

I acknowledge already that she is one of the best singers, and her live performances sound better than the recordings (not after her vocal peak though). I bought Emancipation way back in 2005 and loved every song.

I don't have hatred for her. I just think her clamps overrate her way too much so I love bringing up her vocal fails and unsold tours. Singers are influenced by her voice, music etc. But they don't sound like her at all, or her clone. 

Christina doesn't sound like her, neither does Ariana. They both have their own sound. Both are also at their vocal peak, McRiah's vocal peak was like over 20+ years ago, but the clamps can't face this fact, for some reason.

This is what a clone sounds like, Glennis grace sounding exactly like Whitney:

Reveal hidden contents

Anyway, even after telling you this, you're going to keep continue to delusionally believe that Ariana is trying to be the next McRiah Coroney, so it never ends. What is the point of even replying anymore.

But Xtina had never sounded like Mariah. Never. The TRL generation just likened her to Mariah while actively basically putting her against Britney as the publications were causing the whole "who's the next Mariah? Is she?" I know that she doesn't sound like Mariah and her discography sounds vastly different to Mariah.

Ariana, on the other hand, sounds very similar and that is why people actually compared her to Mariah and thinking that it made more sense. Their timbres are different, but very similar when you ignored the specific quirks each one has. And Ariana's debut was modeled to sound like a Mariah album, you can't tell me otherwise. Most of Positions are similar to the stuff that Mariah had done on both Butterfly and Rainbow, and lastly, her increasingly dominant usage of whistle notes literally replicates Mariah's. From doing riff/runs with the register to how she incorporated it into the studio recordings. It's NOT a bad thing. It's just a thing. An actual thing that has to be admitted, especially since there's too many people online who have pushed Mariah as if she was only ever famous because of her Christmas song and not for, well, everything that she helped to solidify in popular music...while calling Ariana her musical "daughter" which is just straight up weird because Monroe exists.

7 minutes ago, Ruby said:

Most of Positions are similar to the stuff that Mariah had done on both Butterfly and Rainbow

I actually agree with this, it's why i love the album positions, because I love Butterfly as well. dead4 But the Aradiators will come after me soon. 

8 minutes ago, Ruby said:

there's too many people online who have pushed Mariah as if she was only ever famous because of her Christmas song and not for, well,

It's not like they lied, sis... dead4 if you're not a fan of McRiah, you would only know her as the lady who sings that one Christmas carol every year...

Kids these days don't dig into older discographies or live performances, part of what makes stanning fun.

8 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

It's not like they lied, sis... dead4 if you're not a fan of McRiah, you would only know her as the lady who sings that one Christmas carol every year...

Kids these days don't dig into older discographies or live performances, part of what makes stanning fun.

Um, We Belong Together is not Vision of Love years old, y'know? That, Touch My Body, and Obsessed are her most successful hits from only a decade ago. If people choose to really forget about her original version of Always Be My Baby even, because of that damn David Cook version, she still has Hero, her cover of Without You, and When You Believe with Whitney. They somewhat lied if they say that Mariah's only popular for one Christmas song, but because they're a bunch of kids, maybe I really have to give them a pass. gaga1

7 minutes ago, Ruby said:

Um, We Belong Together is not Vision of Love years old, y'know? That, Touch My Body, and Obsessed are her most successful hits from only a decade ago. If people choose to really forget about her original version of Always Be My Baby even, because of that damn David Cook version, she still has Hero, her cover of Without You, and When You Believe with Whitney. They somewhat lied if they say that Mariah's only popular for one Christmas song, but because they're a bunch of kids, maybe I really have to give them a pass. gaga1

I don't want to sound like Mario 2.0, but I'd love an Emanciation 2.0, with really good music videos that are connected to one another like chapters in a story book. rih1 It would definitely help her less associated with Xmas carols.

3 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

I don't want to sound like Mario 2.0, but I'd love an Emanciation 2.0, with really good music videos that are connected to one another like chapters in a story book. rih1 It would definitely help her less associated with Xmas carols.

You mean more of 2.0. for the brilliant management of it all, right? Cuz we don't really need a literal musical 2.0. of Emancipation of Mimi. Yeah, I agree. Which is what she's working on currently based on what she said herself on that Twitter Spaces audio forum thing with the twitter Lambs a couple days ago.

1 minute ago, Ruby said:

You mean more of 2.0. for the brilliant management of it all, right? Cuz we don't really need a literal musical 2.0. of Emancipation of Mimi. Yeah, I agree. Which is what she's working on currently based on what she said herself on that Twitter Spaces audio forum thing with the twitter Lambs a couple days ago.

Yeah I meant the aesthetics. Musically, E=mc2 is alreayd the 2.0 dead4

Her lambs are weird, recommending random artists for her to collab with, like Celine dion and bruno mars... nicki5 Don't seem compatible tbh!

12 minutes ago, Free Britney said:

Yeah I meant the aesthetics. Musically, E=mc2 is alreayd the 2.0 dead4

Her lambs are weird, recommending random artists for her to collab with, like Celine dion and bruno mars... nicki5 Don't seem compatible tbh!

People are still wanting that Celiné collab, partially hoping to 'squash' the whole Aretha-Celiné shade situation. But that's so old, I don't understand why people actually still are so fixated on that thing. My God...on the other hand, a collab with Bruno would be great tbh! But she did say that the label wanted somebody (male) young. Like really fresh. That's why she didn't even know who to collab with on that upcoming Christmas song. Yes, it's for a Christmas song which is a part of another Christmas project for the end of this year. The non-holiday album will probably be released next year if everything goes well.

2 minutes ago, Ruby said:

People are still wanting that Celiné collab, partially hoping to 'squash' the whole Aretha-Celiné shade situation. But that's so old, I don't understand why people actually still are so fixated on that thing. My God...on the other hand, a collab with Bruno would be great tbh! But she did say that the label wanted somebody (male) young. Like really fresh. That's why she didn't even know who to collab with on that upcoming Christmas song. Yes, it's for a Christmas song which is a part of another Christmas project for the end of this year. The non-holiday album will probably be released next year if everything goes well.

Did anyone say Shawn Mendes? He seems to be a total Moo fanboy and relatively new and fresh. nicki5

Not another xmas song, is she trying to override her legacy with xmas carols? nicki5

1 hour ago, Free Britney said:

Did anyone say Shawn Mendes? He seems to be a total Moo fanboy and relatively new and fresh. nicki5

Not another xmas song, is she trying to override her legacy with xmas carols? nicki5

They wanted her to collab with a young male artist, she wanted somebody who could sing soulfully. I think @Mr. MendesMendes can't really do that...or maybe he can, who knows? I just don't want her to collab with Puth. Idk if she's gonna override her artistry, but legacy wise she's actually working towards a favorable goal if she truly wants to capitalize more on Christmas branding. Imo, anyway.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.