Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Metric

FOTP'S NEXT TOP MODEL SEASON 1

sofia-vergara-americas-got-talent-1.jpg

SOFIA'S CRITIQUES

Spoiler

#sofia vergara from borderz

Sofia's actually first to post her critique this round, who would've thought?
Let's see how you all did this round babes!

Britney Spears

Spoiler

Oh, Britney! I love the way you've taken on this theme.
While the vast majority of the other contestants have opted for dark color schemes or black and white pictures, you've chosen to submit a photo with brighter color schemes while still executing the theme very well.. and I love that!

Cha Eunwoo

Spoiler

Now that's a great entry!
You've executed the melancholia theme and you've made it your own. The speckles on the window really enhances the picture, and this is just a great entry overall. And last but not least, I appreciate the fact that you've chosen to take on the theme of sadness/melancholia without making your picture black and white, which while it's not a crime to and does work in some pictures, the colors make your picture a standout one.

Bravo!

Gemma Collins

Spoiler

BEGONE DEMON!
STAY AWAY FROM MI FAMILIA!

Jokes aside, I think this might actually be a top contender for the creepy category.
I don't think most of us can actually deny that you've executed the theme quite well, and I love the energy that you're giving in the picture.

However, I will note that the rules state you may not use paparazzi photos as your entry.. and this I'm pretty sure is a paparazzi photo. So that's gonna cost you some points in my grading.

Jackson Wang

Spoiler

Honestly, I'm feeling a little bit mixed about this picture.
The overall vibe of the of the photo is quite gloomy, and that's actually helped a lot by the blue top and the blue tint that's all over the picture. However, to me your expression portray an emotion that's closer to anger than sadness or melancholia, and that does throw me off.

However, your submission also stands out from many others, and I appreciate that you've chosen for a photo that's not black and white. All in all, it's a good effort, but a better expression could've turned the good to great.

Kim Petras

Spoiler

Oh, Kim! A wonderful entry.
If there's a winner for the creepy category, then you're my winner. The nails and the white pupils are all great choices for the photo, and the red, blood-like perfume you're spraying on to yourself pushed this photo from good to fantastic.

I also highly appreciate the fact that you've gone for the creepy, because it makes you stand out from all the other contestants, who's gone for the melancholic and sad vibes. And in my book, that's gonna win you some points.

Kylie Minogue

Spoiler

Kylie, Kylie.. when I look at your picture, the vibe that I'm getting is more glam than melancholic, sad or creepy. There are hints of melancholy in there if you look hard enough.. but overall, this feels quite weak to me.

A picture being in black and white doesn't automatically make it "dark and gloomy".

Lady Gaga

Spoiler

The prosthetics on your face are a good, and I like the red crack that you have on your body, they're both great details. But as far as creepiness go, I think it could be better.

The coat hanger you have on your titties are distracting and takes away a lot of the creepiness.

Lindsay Lohan

Spoiler

Oh, Lindsey! I like this take on the theme.
The writings on the wall and the shadow of the picture on it really enhances your picture, and I love that. 

However, your spiky bracelets did throw me off. I'm not sure what they were doing there, because they really don't help with the theme at all. And I'm also not a fan of your pose. You could make a case for your expression, that it conveys sadness, and that's fine, but the pose made it seem like you were trying to be sexy rather than sad.

It also didn't help that your top seem to be exposing part of your stomach, which just adds more to the sexiness. So overall, it's kinda a mixed vibe. You can be sexy and sad of course.. but between your pose, the wall and the overall theme, I just can't help but notice the contrast. It's sending mixed messages.

Maluma

Spoiler

Oh, I love this picture that you've chosen for us!
When it comes to portraying the feelings of melancholy and sadness, I actually think that this is among the best submissions of the round. It's pensive and actually almost like a painting, and the addition of the rosary is a stellar touch, because not only does it add to the picture as a whole, it could also tell a story.

People say that a picture is worth a thousand words.. and your picture is a great example of that.

Rihanna

Spoiler

Riri, Riri.. I've been a big fan of yours this season, but this.. doesn't really work.
When I look at your picture, I sense anger, fierceness.. not melancholic, sad or creepy.

You could say that it's a bit gloomy.. but that comes mainly from the picture being in black and white more than anything. I'm sorry babes, but this one isn't really sticking.

Shakira

Spoiler

Shakira.. babes, 'Dark and Gloomy' isn't just wearing black.

We've said that we are looking for a photo with melancholic, sad or creepy vibe.. this is none of them. And this isn't even a particularly good picture to begin with.

I'm sorry babes, but this will affect your score.

Tinashe

Spoiler

Another splendid entry from Miss  Tinashe!
When it comes to portraying the emotions of sadness and melancholia, I think you're actually one of the ones who have executed it the best. It feels raw and personal, and your hoop earrings actually work and really enhances the photo itself.

All in all, fantastic job! Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

Shakira doesn't fit the theme at all though, so that one will be my vote for worst, I'm sorry. 

The Shakira one really confused me, Like she's literally just wearing a black dress. 

6 minutes ago, Snow said:

Now that's a great entry!
You've executed the melancholia theme and you've made it your own. The speckles on the window really enhances the picture, and this is just a great entry overall. And last but not least, I appreciate the fact that you've chosen to take on the theme of sadness/melancholia without making your picture black and white, which while it's not a crime to and does work in some pictures, the colors make your picture a standout one.

Bravo!

antm1

6 minutes ago, Snow said:

Gemma Collins

Hide contents

BEGONE DEMON!
STAY AWAY FROM MI FAMILIA!

brit9brit9brit9brit9

ZOOEY'S CRITIQUES

Zooey Deschanel…hair, eyes and lips! | Zoey deschanel, Zooey deschanel  hair, Zooey deschanel

Spoiler

GEMMA COLLINS

You know what? I actually don't hate this, this shit it's scary as fuck like a villain from a Resident Evil game. It's a paparazzi photo tho so there will some consequences for that I fear

interesting1

KIM PETRAS

I feel like this would be fitting for a "Halloween" round but I don't really see how it fits here. It's a cool shoot tho, I am gonna admit that.

LADY GAGA

Gaga's face and pose gives that unpleasant vibe that I was looking for. Also posing with these high heels it's a merit on it's own

TINASHE

This is nice but boring, it captures the feeling of melancholy well but it's not very interesting for me

RIHANNA

The mannequin was a good touch and elevates the picture but I'm still not too conviced with this.

CHA EUNWOO

What a way to turn around from last round! This is very melancholic and the shoot is simply gorgeous also. Not to mention that you manage to capture melancholy in color so props for you!

LINDSAY LOHAN

It surely gives a eerie feeling, the background and the editing is very pretty tho so keep it up!

BRITNEY SPEARS

Now we are talking! This is both terrorific and melancholic at the same time. I am impressed!

KYLIE MINOGUE

Miss Kylie I don't see how this fits the theme at all. B&W photo  ≠ Dark & Gloomy brit4

JACKSON WANG

The background and the colors really matched what I was expecting from this round. So I approved it!

SHAKIRA

I am extremely dissapointed. Shakira had better photoshoots for this round like the ones from the late 90s. This is just you standing with a black dress (?) and my darling, it's just not it.

Imagine if you would have sent this, the collapse giveup1

Escondite Shakiresco Galeria: Donde Estan Los Ladrones?

MALUMA

I don't see how it fits the theme, sorry. B&W photo  ≠ Dark & Gloomy x2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.