Verona

FOTP'S NEXT TOP MODEL SEASON 1

Zooey Deschanel – Tesh Photoshoot 2012 for Marie Claire 2012 [Photos] |  Zooey deschanel bikini, Zooey deschanel, Zoey deschanel

ZOOEY'S CRITIQUES

Spoiler

Cha Eunwoo (1920s)

This is okay. The outfit is accurate of the decade and it's a pretty photo overall but.. I just don't care too much for it

Rihanna  (1930s)

Gorgeous shoot. To me the outfit and the body movement it's what sells it. It really gives that Old Patriotic America feel, keep it up!

Maluma (1950s)

Uhm.. It doesn't give me any decade in particular to me. He looks great but it's just another photoshoot in suit 

Gemma Collins - (1960s)

Somebody lied to her several times and told her that she was fly, hot and sexy and beautiful and she’s nothing like that, she’s nothing of the sort.

Lady Gaga (1960s)

It's a cute photo. I really like the dog's incorporation and the colors are very nice.

Kylie Minogue (1960s)

Her face is too white so I can't almost see it but it's not bad. It's giving me a Breakfast At Tiffany's feel

Lindsay Lohan (1970s)

You really nailed the carefree and rebellious feel of the early 70s. Good job!

Tinashe (1970s)

I like the fact that your photo and Lindsay's are from the same decade but both are very different. To me, Lindsay's photo was more of early 70s whereas your photo is more about mid-late 70s with the rise of Disco and you did a great job pulling this larger than life disco diva character. Good job!

Shakira  (1990s)

I guess the outift is accurate but this is too pedestrian. It's serving 90s telenova character instead of model.

Britney Spears (1990s)

Too pedestrian x2

Kim Petras (2000s)

I think I can see where you going through but.. I'm sure you had better photos out there.

Jackson Wang (2000s)

I love it! This is just breathing early 2000s futuristic vibes a la Matrix, good job!

Hayley Williams (2000s)

You are just standing there... literally.

Olivia Rodrigo (2020s)

I'm not sure how this can represent the 2020s... at all.

1 hour ago, Verona said:

Rihanna  (1930s)

Gorgeous shot. To me the outfit and the body movement it's what sells it. It really gives that Old Patriotic America feel, keep it up!

rih4

sofia-vergara-americas-got-talent-1.jpg

SOFIA'S CRITIQUES

Spoiler

giphy.webp

Well, let's get it started!

Cha Eunwoo

Spoiler

Oh, you are stunning!

It's clean, simple and intimate -- you got the theme down very well. I do, however, wonder if it's too simple that it's become.. plain. I think your fit could've used a little more edge, because your top is already as clean cut as it goes. Beyond the hat, there's nothing else that really stands out.. the pants could've been your edge, but unfortunately, we didn't get to see too much of it. 

Overall, it's good, but I think I'd have liked to see just a little bit more.

Rihanna

Spoiler

Oh, you are absolutely stunning!
Great detail from top to bottom. The boots are great, and the watch was definitely a nice touch. Shining, almost like the modern version of Amelia Earhart.

Perfecta.

Tumblr: Image

Maluma

Spoiler

Oh, aren't you a stunning man? 

You've got the 50s theme down to a T, and the cigar is a nice touch. Though, I think you really could've used a hat here. Nothing wrong with your hair, it's good either way, but a hat could really have completed the look and maybe even made it better! 

I'd also have liked to see more of what was going on back there.. I think the background could have actually enhanced the photo.
But overall, very nice!

Gemma Collins

Spoiler

Gemma, Gemma.. I have to say, you have the element of surprise on your side!

Why? Because you killed it! Absolutely stunning. I would really have liked to see another pose as well as your heels -- I wanna see more of what you have on! I feel like this is the type of outfit that's better when you show all of it, because it's such a waste not to.

Other than that, good job babes!

Lady Gaga

Spoiler

Oh, aren't you a gorgeous lady?

Everything that you wear just seem to complete each other seamlessly. Although, I do think that it's probably a bit too raunchy for the era -- like you'd probably get arrested if you wore that outside -- but I can appreciate a good take on the themes. 

Kylie Minogue

Spoiler

Kylie, Kylie.. you are stunning, but there is unfortunately not much to see here.

The pose is marvelous and would have worked most other rounds, but this round it's hiding too much -- because other than your evening gloves, it's not letting you show us much of anything else. And the lighting.. that's not what The Weeknd meant with Blinding Lights, love. I can barely see your face.

The theme for this week is 1960s, but it seems like the most prominent 1960s element on your photos is the quality of the picture.  
I'm sorry babes, but this just doesn't cut it.

Lindsay Lohan

Spoiler

When I see your picture, I think of freedom and rebellion, which is actually fitting with your chosen era as the 1970s was an important decade for women's empowerment. Now I doubt that was necessarily your intention, but it sure does fit.

But, I am not a fan of the yellow that's all over the picture.. but I'll pass it that you were trying to emulate the yellowish tint that are on older pictures.

So all in all, it's a good effort.. however, the picture overall does feel rather unremarkable.
It's good, but it just doesn't stand out

Tinashe

Spoiler

Oh, beautiful Tinashe. You are not a model, you are a star!
You're sparkling from head to toe, like a 1970s Disco diva coming to life. 

Consider me a fan of this look.

Shakira

Spoiler

Shakira, mamá, you are stunning!
A complete 1990s babe, and that necklace is a very nice touch. Pose? Good. The belt? Sexy
But we'll need you to show us more, mamá. We need to see those jeans. Are they long leggings, shorts? It's a good enough photo, it's intimate.. but you would have benefited from showing just a little bit more of your fit.

Britney Spears

Spoiler

Britney, you '90s babe!
Down to the flip flops, you've encapsulated the '90s, however.. I would have liked to see more on you. Your outfit is okay, but you're not wearing anything else. It's plain, there's no detail. It pales in comparison to some other entries, and you just look like a little girl lost on her way to the public swimming pool. 

All in all, this feels like the kind of photo that's more fitting for family photo books than modeling shows.

Kim Petras

Spoiler

Kim, Kim.. baby, you are not giving us too much to work with here.
Your top and glasses are great, even though I feel that they fit the 2010s better than they do the 2000s, but.. what else are you wearing? Are you wearing Louboutins or Crocs? We'll never know, cause you're not showing us!

Don't get me wrong.. it's a good pic for Instagram, but we're FOTP's Next Top Model, not FOTP's Next Top TikTok Star.
What else are you wearing that screams "2000s"?

Show! Us! More!

Jackson Wang

Spoiler

Okay, I can see what you're trying to do here, but it's.. not really resonating with me.
I think you've got the theme down pretty nicely, and the pose is great and the glasses were a very nice touch, but other than that, there's not that much to see. The top is very plain and so are the pants. I think it'd really have helped if you showed more, because right now the main focus of the photo goes to the tattoo more than anything.

It all just makes it very.. plain. Shoes were big in the '00s. Show 'em.
Overall, a good effort on the theme, but this is one of those looks that's better when it's shown more.

Hayley Williams

Spoiler

Hayley, I'm gonna honest with you.. I don't know how I feel about this one.
I think you've encapsulated your chosen era pretty well, even though I feel that this is more fitting as an ode to the early 2010s mainstream punk pop style rather than the 2000s. But those shoes.. they're not doing you any favors, babe. It has a greenish tint to it, while your hair has a slight reddish shade. Green and red should never go together.

It's a good thing that you don't have yellow on you too, because then you'd be a traffic light.
And that bag.. you didn't need it. It's so out of place, unless your theme is "punk pop goes to the Farmers Market".

Overall, it's a very mixed bag.. just like the bag you were holding. 
It's a no.

Olivia Rodrigo

Spoiler

Olivia, Olivia.. this frustrates me.
Your whole career outside encapsulates the 2020s very well, so you actually had a strong advantage going into this round. But why this outfit? I mean, denim overalls, really? And those shoes.. oh my. I feel like I could find a dozen of pictures like these, rocking similar fits, on any teenage girl's Instagram. 

I'm sorry babes, but all of this screams just basic. 

I think you can do better than this, and you know it.
Also, try to submit better quality pictures next time.. because in some cases, size does matter.

3 minutes ago, Snow said:

SOFIA'S CRITIQUES

Hide contents

giphy.webp

Cha Eunwoo

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, you are stunning!

It's clean, simple and intimate -- you got the theme down very well. I do, however, wonder if it's too simple that it's become.. plain. I think your fit could've used a little more edge, because your top is already as clean cut as it goes. Beyond the hat, there's nothing else that really stands out.. the pants could've been your edge, but unfortunately, we didn't get to see too much of it. 

Rihanna

Reveal hidden contents

Great detail from top to bottom. The boots are great, and the watch was definitely a nice touch. Shining, almost like the modern version of Amelia Earhart.

Perfecta.

Maluma

Reveal hidden contents

You've got the 50s theme down to a T, and the cigar is a nice touch. Though, I think you really could've used a hat here. Nothing wrong with your hair, it's good either way, but a hat could really have completed the look and maybe even made it better! 

I'd also have liked to see more of what was going on back there.. I think the background could have actually enhanced the photo.
But overall, very nice!

Gemma Collins

Reveal hidden contents

Why? Because you killed it! Absolutely stunning. I would really have liked to see another pose as well as your heels -- I wanna see more of what you have on! I feel like this is the type of outfit that's better when you show all of it, because it's such a waste not to.

Lady Gaga

Reveal hidden contents

Everything that you wear just seem to complete each other seamlessly. Although, I do think that it's probably a bit too raunchy for the era -- like you'd probably get arrested if you wore that outside -- but I can appreciate a good take on the themes. 

Kylie Minogue

Reveal hidden contents

Kylie, Kylie.. you are stunning, but there is unfortunately not much to see here.

The pose is marvelous and would have worked most other rounds, but this round it's hiding too much -- because other than your evening gloves, it's not letting you show us much of anything else. And the lighting.. that's not what The Weeknd meant with Blinding Lights, love. I can barely see your face.

The theme for this week is 1960s, but it seems like the most prominent 1960s element on your photos is the quality of the picture.  

Lindsay Lohan

Reveal hidden contents

When I see your picture, I think of freedom and rebellion, which is actually fitting with your chosen era as the 1970s was an important decade for women's empowerment. Now I doubt that was necessarily your intention, but it sure does fit.

But, I am not a fan of the yellow that's all over the picture.. but I'll pass it that you were trying to emulate the yellowish tint that are on older pictures.

So all in all, it's a good effort.. however, the picture overall does feel rather unremarkable.

Tinashe

Reveal hidden contents

Shakira

Reveal hidden contents

A complete 1990s babe, and that necklace is a very nice touch. Pose? Good. The belt? Sexy
But we'll need you to show us more, mamá. We need to see those jeans. Are they long leggings, shorts? It's a good enough photo, it's intimate.. but you would have benefited from showing just a little bit more of your fit.

Britney Spears

Hide contents

Britney, you '90s babe!
Down to the flip flops, you've encapsulated the '90s, however.. I would have liked to see more on you. Your outfit is okay, but you're not wearing anything else. It's plain, there's no detail. It pales in comparison to some other entries, and you just look like a little girl lost on her way to the public swimming pool. 

All in all, this feels like the kind of photo that's more fitting for family photo books than modeling shows.

Kim Petras

Hide contents

Your top and glasses are great, even though I feel that they fit the 2010s better than they do the 2000s, but.. what else are you wearing? Are you wearing Louboutins or Crocs? We'll never know, cause you're not showing us!

Don't get me wrong.. it's a good pic for Instagram, but we're FOTP's Next Top Model, not FOTP's Next Top TikTok Star.

Show! Us! More!

Jackson Wang

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, I can see what you're trying to do here, but it's.. not really resonating with me.
I think you've got the theme down pretty nicely, and the pose is great and the glasses were a very nice touch, but other than that, there's not that much to see. The top is very plain and so are the pants. I think it'd really have helped if you showed more, because right now the main focus of the photo goes to the tattoo more than anything.

Overall, a good effort on the theme, but this is one of those looks that's better when it's shown more.

Hayley Williams

Reveal hidden contents

I think you've encapsulated your chosen era pretty well, even though I feel that this is more fitting as an ode to the early 2010s mainstream punk pop style rather than the 2000s. But those shoes.. they're not doing you any favors, babe. It has a greenish tint to it, while your hair has a slight reddish shade. Green and red should never go together.

It's a good thing that you don't have yellow on you too, because then you'd be a traffic light.
And that bag.. you didn't need it. It's so out of place, unless your theme is "punk pop goes to the Farmers Market".

It's a no.

Olivia Rodrigo

Reveal hidden contents

Your whole career outside encapsulates the 2020s very well, so you actually had a strong advantage going into this round. But why this outfit? I mean, denim overalls, really? And those shoes.. oh my. I feel like I could find a dozen of pictures like these, rocking similar fits, on any teenage girl's Instagram. 

Also, try to submit better quality pictures next time.. because in some cases, size does matter.

OK. I will take your critiques on board Sofia. Thank you and woo-ah!

- Kim

I agree with the judges @Verona & @Snow critiques regarding Olivia... it doesn't fit a "decade" theme. bey11 I feel like whoever chose it just chose it because she debutted in 2020. lol2 I see olivia being the first to be eliminated true1

PS I don't remember who chose olivia so dont take it personally moo9

1 hour ago, Snow said:

SOFIA'S CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.webp

Cha Eunwoo

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, you are stunning!

Rihanna

Reveal hidden contents

Perfecta.

Maluma

Reveal hidden contents

But overall, very nice!

Gemma Collins

Reveal hidden contents

Lady Gaga

Reveal hidden contents

Kylie Minogue

Reveal hidden contents

Lindsay Lohan

Reveal hidden contents

Tinashe

Reveal hidden contents

Shakira

Reveal hidden contents

Britney Spears

Reveal hidden contents

Britney, you '90s babe!

Kim Petras

Reveal hidden contents

Show! Us! More!

Jackson Wang

Reveal hidden contents

Hayley Williams

Reveal hidden contents

It's a no.

Olivia Rodrigo

Reveal hidden contents

I love the critiques style! 

So pretty gaga12