Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Nullll

Please stop at 6 singles

If a smash like MTN is struggling to take off, I feel like any future singles will have an even harder struggle.

5+ singles are much harder to sell because many people already have bought the album so they obviously aren't going to buy the new singles.

That's why Katy Perry is so successful single-wise, because no one has bought her album yet gaga22

What do you think? Should she stop at MTN? 6? 7?

Guest ❤ уυηg яαρυηχєℓ ❤

She has been SO foolish this era. If she had played her cards right, she could have had a string of hits from Born This Way. But she didn't, and now one of the best songs on the album is struggling to hold it's on in the iTunes Top 20, when it has all the potential to be a #1.

I'll never forgive her for letting Scheiße just sit on the album, and gather dust.

She needs to stop worrying about the next album, and start focusing on this one. It breaks my heart seeing the singles flop; this was an album of the year for me and I love every single one of the songs. The timing for everything was just so out of place, and like you said, most people have the album and don't want to buy the individual singles. She really should have thought about that after those first week sales came in. I've loved most of the videos from this era but they aren't doing anything for her career. She may as well stop now and start working on the tour.

Agreed. Maybe she needs to stop doing promotion overseas and focus on the U.S. for a while. It was also a mistake to release the whole album on her YouTube account. She does know that ppl can download the audio from there, right? moo5.gif' alt='moo4'>

She has been SO foolish this era. If she had played her cards right' date= she could have had a string of hits from Born This Way. But she didn't, and now one of the best songs on the album is struggling to hold it's on in the iTunes Top 20, when it has all the potential to be a #1.

I'll never forgive her for letting Scheiße just sit on the album, and gather dust.

I fully agree. Especially about Scheiße. That had huge potential and I don't really see it having a fair shot at doing well if it's the 6th single off a successful album.

The singles should have gone:

1. Born This way

2. Marry The Night

3. The Edge of Glory

4. Scheiße

5. Americano

6. Hair

I would have put Judas in there because I fucking love it, but we saw how that turned out :tehe:

And I feel like radio wouldn't be too kind to Government Hooker.

You & I was a mistake in my opinion. It did pretty well and peaked higher than I thought it would, but it's not a strong single choice compared to other songs. I think they jumped on the Adele bandwagon hoping it would be a surprise hit.

Didn't you make a thread about the exact same subject a couple of weeks ago? fall3

I just think MTN needs promo on the X Factor and more airplay increase.

Judas & You and I really fucked up the era, even I like both songs. If it weren't for them, the album and singles sales would be higher.

The album sales have improved though. It was barely scrapping 10,000 & it's doubling that. It should 2,000,000 next week or the week after that +excited+

It'll be the second and last album to that in 2011 +excited+

Amazing feat, tbh.

Guest ❤ уυηg яαρυηχєℓ ❤
I fully agree. Especially about Scheiße. That had huge potential and I don't really see it having a fair shot at doing well if it's the 6th single off a successful album.

1. Born This way

2. Marry The Night

3. The Edge of Glory

4. Scheiße

5. Americano

6. Hair

I would have put Judas in there because I fucking love it, but we saw how that turned out :tehe:

You & I was a mistake in my opinion. It did pretty well and peaked higher than I thought it would, but it's not a strong single choice compared to other songs. I think they jumped on the Adele bandwagon hoping it would be a surprise hit.

Marry The Night and Yoü & I are the only singles I fully endorsed this era. Judas should never have happened as a single, and I loved The Edge of Glory, but she killed it's chances to further peak by releasing a snoozefest for a video.

Honestly, I was so disappointed when the era began. Born This Way just wasn't what I was expecting from a lead single, and I really wanted to like Judas, but I couldn't get into it. When she released TEOG during the countdown, I was pleasantly surprised, but my faith wasn't restored in the album until she released MTN on Farmville.

Didn't you make a thread about the exact same subject a couple of weeks ago? fall3

I just think MTN needs promo on the X Factor and more airplay increase.

Judas & You and I really fucked up the era, even I like both songs. If it weren't for them, the album and singles sales would be higher.

The album sales have improved though. It was barely scrapping 10,000 & it's doubling that. It should 2,000,000 next week or the week after that +excited+

It'll be the second and last album to that in 2011 +excited+

Amazing feat, tbh.

That was when MTN was announced as the next single and I was excited about her smashing :tehe: Times have changed.

she did a lot of stuff wrong this era. judas should have never been a single, and neither should've yoü and i. while i like the song, i don't know why its on this album. living on the radio should've been tbh.

i am still pissed at her for asking us what single we want and we vote for Scheiße, an obvious hit and she goes on and releases yoü and i. i will never forgive her for that. because even if she released it now, it wouldn't smash like it could've at the beginning of the era +sip+

If MTN flops it's all Gaga's and Interscope's fault.

The singles should have been :

1.Born This Way

2.Marry The Night

3.The Edge of Glory

4.Scheiße

And then either Judas,Hair or Yoü & I.

Oh and no promo singles because TEOG was one of the reasons that Judas underperformed.

Her single choices could be so much better. She needs to fucking stop after Scheiße as sixth, at the very very very most. Tbh, seeing how Marry the Night is turning, I've even considered wanting her to stop after this one.

It hurts me so much and pisses me off so fucking much that my two favorite songs by her underperformed. What the fuck, world. Those bullshit tunes top the fucking charts whereas this stuff doesn't? You must be fucking KIDDING me.

It shocks me that Gaga stans are even saying that Gaga fucked up by her single choices. I think Gaga has been brave and strong throughout her whole BTW era. From the start, to the finish, she has remained herself, and did exactly what she wanted to do. That is what makes a real artist. Not letting her "Team" pick everything to get to the top at any means necessary,, Ive seen Rihanna and Katy Perry rule "singles" charts, and topped club hits, however theres no longevity to their meaningless popcorn fast food music, Gaga actually works hard to create her art, even though it may seem awkward at times, its still her own creation.

I tossed "Loud" and "Teenage Dream" away like 9 months ago cuz i got bored with them, I still to this day play songs from Born This Way, nearly everyday. So it doesnt bother me that Gaga's singles arent doing so well, because in the end, she will actually be remembered for something much more important than chart positions. You know as well as i do that the charts only contain generic , catchy songs made for the clubs, Gaga isnt meant to be up there until there's a REAL shift in the demographic. Gaga is above any chart in my book, because she's done whatever the fuck she's wanted to do and still has the courage to keep going instead of giving up after 2 singles like some (Christina Aguilera). No shade though. +sip+

1. Born This way

2. Marry The Night

3. The Edge of Glory

4. Scheiße

5. Americano

6. Hair

Fucking thank you. This is exactly how it shoulda went, though You and I instead of Americano moo5.gif' alt='moo4'>

This era went downfall whens he released Judas and started talking that cultural Baptism shit. I was inf or it but sooner or later I was like "this bitch is dumb" Video was great and all, but I woulda been alright if she just released the damn song as a Promotional single. We still woulda had it, and technically it was a single. xtina1

This era is a fucking mess and I wish for her to just move on, because there's honestly no way on saving it after the horrid videos and overdone performances.

Hopefully her record company actually see what's going on here and help her a bit choosing singles next era. It was a mess when Alejandro became a single instead of Dance In The Dark or Monster. I woulda loved a video for Monster oprah2

Fucking thank you. This is exactly how it shoulda went, though You and I instead of Americano moo5.gif' alt='moo4'>

This era went downfall whens he released Judas and started talking that cultural Baptism shit. I was inf or it but sooner or later I was like "this bitch is dumb" Video was great and all, but I woulda been alright if she just released the damn song as a Promotional single. We still woulda had it, and technically it was a single. xtina1

This era is a fucking mess and I wish for her to just move on, because there's honestly no way on saving it after the horrid videos and overdone performances.

Hopefully her record company actually see what's going on here and help her a bit choosing singles next era. It was a mess when Alejandro became a single instead of Dance In The Dark or Monster. I woulda loved a video for Monster oprah2

Alejandro was a great single choice. She should've released either DINTD or Monster afterwards.

IMO, You and I was her biggest mistake. I know she's too proud because she wrote it, but the summer choice was definitely Scheiße. Fans begged for it to be released,too. Also I think she made a mistake releasing TEOG so fast, she should have waited a bit. And yes, I reckon she should stop after 6th single. :( Such a pity coz this is unquestioningly and convincingly the album of the year. Not being too negative but it could have smashed harder if she was a bit wiser.

People may not have liked You & I as a single choice, but did it or did it not earn her a Grammy nomination? sip1

This era has been very disappointing for me, I won't lie. It could've been PERFECT, so perfect if she had stuck to the whole 'cultural baptism' really dark stuff like we saw in Gagavision.

It just breaks my heart that in years to come, all these songs will be totally overlooked by people just because they weren't number ones, when in my mind they deserve to be.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.