Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Princess Aurora

Singer Lizzo left in tears after 'fat-phobic and racist abuse', Cardi B comes to her defense

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/singer-lizzo-left-in-tears-after-fat-phobic-and-racist-abuse/DHJGLEPQY4ATGX46ALGD6S2S7A/

Lizzo broke down in tears after she was subjected to "fat-phobic and racist" abuse.

The 33-year-old singer has hit back at trolls who have sent her "hurtful" remarks after the release of her new music video "Rumors", her tune with Cardi B, and she feels at times that "the world just don't love [her] back".

Speaking in an emotional Instagram Live, she said: "On the days I feel I should be the happiest ... I feel so down. Like, I hurt so hard.

"I'm not even going to say them, to give them power. 

"On the road to joy there's all these pitstops, and right now I'm just over it. I'm over it."

However, the "Good as Hell" hitmaker has vowed to only focus on "positive comments" from now on.

She added: "I'm only going to focus on positive comments from here on out. I don't have time for your negativity, your internalised self-hatred that you project on to me with your racism and your fat phobia.

The stans need to realize their fandom shit isn't that deep. You don't have to like Lizzo or Cardi but just bc their song is doing better than your faves doesn't mean you need to attack them on a personal level...

If they say or do something out of line that's one thing, and to critique a song is another, but to say this woman is doing anything but bringing some positivity and fun is just moronic, she's such a good soul from what I've seen. Save this hatred for the real assholes anna1

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.