Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Should Gaga just abandon pop entirely?

44 minutes ago, SHANE said:

Pop music requires work, which she doesn’t like to do.

As one of the most talented people in the world, she is also one of the laziest. Y’all can come for me and say she’s doing a 100 projects at once but that doesn’t mean she’s putting in the work. (I’d actually rather her not spread herself thin over a movie, another album, a tour, etc). 

90% of the advertising she’s done in the past two years has been filmed in bed with sunglasses on doing the bare minimum. How do you launch an Oreo campaign and barely speak on it? How do you release a dance album and barely promote it? Because in order to successfully carry out a pop era, that would require more than just showing up. So what did she do instead? Nothing. A majority of the Chromatica era was held on the shoulders of the fans. 

Jazz works for her bc all she needs to do is throw on a classy outfit and belt out for a few minutes. No theatrics needed. The problem is, she got famous for those theatrics. At this point I even miss the stunts of the ARTPOP era that felt lifeless, at least she was doing something, even if it meant hovering off the ground for three seconds in a “dress.” Do I want Gaga to throw away pop? No, that’s such wasted potential. But girl, at one point pop might end up giving up on you if you get too relaxed ari9

Lazy? Girl please. Could she use more focus, discipline, and direction (much like an artsy teenager with ADHD) sure I will not debate that but do not call her lazy when the whole thread is about how she is focusing on ALL of her other ventures instead of just her pop music career. 

What did you want from Chromatica? The whole world shut down and all the big plans she had in mind went down the drain. Yes Dua managed to hang on but lbr she wasn't a pop start with 10+ year career already behind her, it was a defining era (with better music I won't lie). And to be fair, it's not like April through November was huge for Dua in terms of singles since DSN had already peaked and Levitating was just getting started. 

39 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Lazy? Girl please. Could she use more focus, discipline, and direction (much like an artsy teenager with ADHD) sure I will not debate that but do not call her lazy when the whole thread is about how she is focusing on ALL of her other ventures instead of just her pop music career. 

What did you want from Chromatica? The whole world shut down and all the big plans she had in mind went down the drain. Yes Dua managed to hang on but lbr she wasn't a pop start with 10+ year career already behind her, it was a defining era (with better music I won't lie). And to be fair, it's not like April through November was huge for Dua in terms of singles since DSN had already peaked and Levitating was just getting started. 

Ok but the difference is that for someone who’s known for being an “incredible performer” whole era just felt super lazy. We get the COVID thing, but that still didn’t stop Dua from booking every major event to perform. The only performance you got from Gaga was that little medley at VMAs. Lazy? Lazy.

1 minute ago, Urbi said:

Ok but the difference is that for someone who’s known for being an “incredible performer” whole era just felt super lazy. We get the COVID thing, but that still didn’t stop Dua from booking every major event to perform. The only performance you got from Gaga was that little medley at VMAs. Lazy? Lazy.

The ‘little’ medely you bring up was quite the 10 minute medley tho. It’s not like she half-assed it. I think people are selectively critical of Gaga in a weird way, especially calling her pandemic-born era (literally like, to the MONTH) lazy. Weird. 

51 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Many artists during the pandemic successfully carried out their albums/projects through livestream performances and getting innovative online.

Gaga did NOTHING. One lousy livestream and one VMA performance doesn’t cut it when you’re Lady Gaga and you just dropped a highly anticipated album. 2012 Gaga would’ve taken advantage of the situation and done something unique and fun. 2020 Gaga threw in the towel because she knew could. 

21 minutes ago, harry said:

The ‘little’ medely you bring up was quite the 10 minute medley tho. It’s not like she half-assed it. I think people are selectively critical of Gaga in a weird way, especially calling her pandemic-born era (literally like, to the MONTH) lazy. Weird. 

Couldn’t care less if it was 10 or 20 minutes. It was ONE event. Era was pretty much non-existent after this minus 911 MV drop. Selectively critical? She set the bar high for herself. Stop defending the sluggishness, it is what it is. 

20 minutes ago, SHANE said:

2012 Gaga would’ve taken advantage of the situation and done something unique and fun. 2020 Gaga threw in the towel because she knew could. 

Exactly. These people trying to tell me that MPG didn’t have a plan B for the rollout 😭 And then was that creative director giving interviews about “blockbuster like era” but then pandemic happened and everything stopped??? Sure 😭

6 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Couldn’t care less if it was 10 or 20 minutes. It was ONE event. Era was pretty much non-existent after this minus 911 MV drop. Selectively critical? She set the bar high for herself. Stop defending the sluggishness, it is what it is. 

I personally didn’t want backyard livestreams from her, either. She had zero possible events to perform at from the time her first single dropped till the VMA’s, and let’s face it by then the era was commercially over. It’s truly okay to blame the largest catastrophic global event in a lifetime for the Chromatica era not getting more than one live performance. 

2 minutes ago, harry said:

I personally didn’t want backyard livestreams from her, either. She had zero events to perform at from the time her first single dropped till the VMA’s, and let’s face it by then the era was commercially over. It’s truly okay to blame the largest catastrophic global event in 100 years for the Chromatica era not getting more than one live performance. 

There’s plenty of ways to keep era going. Dua kept people waiting by dropping CFN, booking any possible stage to perform as soon as it was possible and then dropping a deluxe. Gaga dropped an album, performed once and said ok I’m out 😭 L a z y.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:39 AM, Katy Petty said:

She should retire from doing anything.Me and the entire world are tired of seeing that huge nose. ari1

I think u should say that about Katy Perry. She should just stop making music entirely cuz no one cares about her anymore ari4

On 9/2/2021 at 1:12 PM, SHANE said:

How do you launch an Oreo campaign and barely speak on it? How do you release a dance album and barely promote it?

No wonder she collabed with Xtinct

Just now, Billie Frank said:

Maybe that's why Madonna had such chart longevity? Sucking the careers out of other main pop girls like Xtina.

Putting the X in EliXir of life

21 minutes ago, LÉON said:

That came out before Xtinct even emerged from the swamp with legs and lungs

The way i'm gagging at the fact this is lowkey comparing her voice to Kermit The Frog. rip2

I think she would have already recoded the Just Be Free Britney album by that point?

Kween of 90s haus/trance music.

3 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

The way i'm gagging at the fact this is lowkey comparing her voice to Kermit The Frog. rip2

I think she would have already recoded the Just Be Free Britney album by that point?

Kween of 90s haus/trance music.

rip2 I love that you read that into what I said rip2

I've never heard JBF, didn't realise she had ANOTHER flop album to add to her colleXion rip2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.