Dennis Reynolds

Remake of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic coming to PS5

Nooo, it's only for console. sob1 Hopefully it'll come out for PC eventually. moo1

I still haven't played KOTOR2 till the end (I always end up losing interest halfway through, but I'm defnitely finishing it now!), but the original KOTOR is fucking legendary. The OG RPG! cry6

I just hope this remake won't have a linear storyline. jj3

Spoiler

I hated how even though we had the option to pick Revan's gender and ending, they gave a "canon" version with male Revan and Light side ending. And then there was that messy af novelization with the Sith Emperor or some shit?  I don't want any of that. dead4

But to be completely honest, I don't trust Disney to do justice to the story either. So I'm somewhat torn about this.

Edit: Okay, I checked it's gonna be on PC too. Also, apparently they're gonna stay true to the story as well. We'll see.

Do you know how long it’s been since I bought a fucking gaming console? The X Box 360 - at least ten years ago. 

The last PlayStation I gave a shit about was the PS2 — fifteen years ago. 

I made a rule that if I couldn’t play it on a computer, I ain’t playing it. 

I hear Jennifer Hale, I see Revan — now I have to get a PS5. 

I’m legitimately pressed right now. 

16 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

When I tell you I JUMPEDD when I saw it yesterday omfg. I wonder how they'll do the combat system.

15 hours ago, Kirjava said:

Nooo, it's only for console. sob1 Hopefully it'll come out for PC eventually. moo1

I still haven't played KOTOR2 till the end (I always end up losing interest halfway through, but I'm defnitely finishing it now!), but the original KOTOR is fucking legendary. The OG RPG! cry6

I just hope this remake won't have a linear storyline. jj3

Reveal hidden contents

I hated how even though we had the option to pick Revan's gender and ending, they gave a "canon" version with male Revan and Light side ending. And then there was that messy af novelization with the Sith Emperor or some shit?  I don't want any of that. dead4

But to be completely honest, I don't trust Disney to do justice to the story either. So I'm somewhat torn about this.

Edit: Okay, I checked it's gonna be on PC too. Also, apparently they're gonna stay true to the story as well. We'll see.

You should definitely finish KOTOR 2! The ending is kind of a mind-fuck. Had you been playing with the restoration mod?

10 minutes ago, Tomás said:

When I tell you I JUMPEDD when I saw it yesterday omfg. I wonder how they'll do the combat system.

You should definitely finish KOTOR 2! The ending is kind of a mind-fuck. Had you been playing with the restoration mod?

No I played the good old original game. moo1 What does that mod do? Can you link me? I don't have the game installed rn, but I might try that when I get back into it.

Just now, Kirjava said:

No I played the good old original game. moo1 What does that mod do? Can you link me? I don't have the game installed rn, but I might try that when I get back into it.

Did you play it through steam? It's downloadable as an add-on there. If not you can use this link to dl it. It adds a lot of the original content that was supposed to be in the game before they had to cut it out to meet the release date, bc of the KOTOR 1 hype and all that dead1they always do that and it always ends up being worse. The restored content mod makes the game make a bit more sense faster and it makes the story more enjoyable tbh!

1 minute ago, Tomás said:

Did you play it through steam? It's downloadable as an add-on there. If not you can use this link to dl it. It adds a lot of the original content that was supposed to be in the game before they had to cut it out to meet the release date, bc of the KOTOR 1 hype and all that dead1they always do that and it always ends up being worse. The restored content mod makes the game make a bit more sense faster and it makes the story more enjoyable tbh!

Ooh, thanks for letting me know! Yeah, I've heard stuff about how the ending of the game was rushed. I'll definitely play with this mod then!