Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

V For Vendetta

Ariana Goes Through Her Most Iconic Music Videos With “Allure”

5 hours ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

Also love that she remembers the names of people involved in the videos.

Interesting that she's worked with Christopher Buckle. He essentially worked with Xtina and Ariana during the time in which the media were saying they had a fued with Mariah. dead2 I think he still works with Xtina now. 

1 hour ago, Billie Frank said:

Interesting that she's worked with Christopher Buckle. He essentially worked with Xtina and Ariana during the time in which the media were saying they had a fued with Mariah. dead2 I think he still works with Xtina now. 

Yes he does. I like his style, he really brings out the natural beauty in people and doesn't overdo it. 

I don't know how Mariah/Ariana feud rumours started, it feels like it started from this viral picture... 

11 minutes ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

Yes he does. I like his style, he really brings out the natural beauty in people and doesn't overdo it. 

Yeah, he's worked with Mariah since the Butterfly era and i think he first worked with Xtina during Bionic and then again more recently. 

12 minutes ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

I don't know how Mariah/Ariana feud rumours started, it feels like it started from this viral picture... 

It definitely didn't, that meme was from 2016, The "feud" goes back to Ariana's debut in 2013. 

There was never really a feud, it was more something propelled by the media and stans. When Ariana first came out her label and the media were trying to push her as the "next Mariah", which obviously Mariah didn't like as she was still active in the industry and how can there be a "next [someone]". Ariana's debut album was literally going to be called Daydreamin' originally and there was clear Mariah influence on the album which didn't really help stop the comparisons. Interviewers would constantly ask Ariana about Mariah to the point where Ariana was requesting before interviews that there was no questions about Mariah and would avoid mentioning her (there's literally a interview where she's asked about her favourite female singers and she names basically every legend except Mariah). Obviously over time Ariana has developed a sound/style that's very different to Mariah, but there was always that awkward tension. Mariah started following Ariana on social media in 2018 and they slowly started interacting from there. 

Whenever there's been a singer who can hit high notes the media have always pitted them as the next Mariah, the same happened with Xtina and Leona Lewis in particular.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.