Starboy

If you were to meet Ellie Goulding, what is one thing you’d say to her?

Please stop ignoring 75%+ of your discography and essentially playing almost identical setlists everywhere you go. You give fans honestly less incentive to see you year after year when you only focus on your “popular” songs.

What’s the point in having a whole body of songs when you never go more than skin deep? Almost everyone on this planet has heard Love Me Like You Do. They can survive a single gig without you doing it as the closer.

I know this technically is two things but I’d also say that she needs to release the originally premiered aka Skins version of “You My Everything” - which is bazillion times better than the final album mix. It’s honestly completely unlistenable in comparison. Massive downgrade.

One of two things;

One- release a heavy metal record, collaborating with Slipknot or Rob Zombie

Or two- ignore mainstream trends and get back into the headspace/creativity of an alternative indie  underground artist again. 

Or three- release a collab with Lana and Kesha

8 hours ago, Brutus said:

Please stop ignoring 75%+ of your discography and essentially playing almost identical setlists everywhere you go. You give fans honestly less incentive to see you year after year when you only focus on your “popular” songs.

What’s the point in having a whole body of songs when you never go more than skin deep? Almost everyone on this planet has heard Love Me Like You Do. They can survive a single gig without you doing it as the closer.

I think her label makes her perform those songs. I’m sure if she actually had a choice she’d perform the songs she’d want to perform instead playing LMLYD for every performance.

1 hour ago, Starboy said:

I think her label makes her perform those songs. I’m sure if she actually had a choice she’d perform the songs she’d want to perform instead playing LMLYD for every performance.

Sounds kinda conspiracy theorist to me. What’s her label going to do if she doesn’t sing Love Me Like You Do…not promote her new album? Fine her?

30 minutes ago, Brutus said:

Sounds kinda conspiracy theorist to me. What’s her label going to do if she doesn’t sing Love Me Like You Do…not promote her new album? Fine her?

rip4

I mean she’s under contract with her label so yeah I think they’d definitely have some repercussions in place. That’s just my personal belief though. Obviously we know nothing about her contract and what goes on behind the scenes but I’d like to believe she can’t possibly be making dumb decisions like that over and over again..