Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Sarah Paulson may be exiting American Horror Story

Sarah-Paulson-AHS.jpg

Sarah Paulson has long been one of Ryan Murphy's greatest muses, starring in two of his current hit television shows: American Horror Story: Double Feature and Impeachment: American Crime Story. However, the Golden Globe winner, 46, revealed this week that the 10th season of American Horror Story might be her last.

When asked by Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live what her next collaboration with Murphy will be, Paulson responded, "I don't know. It's the first time in about three years where I don't know." She added, "I think this is my last season of [American] Horror Story, probably. I mean, I don't know. Every time [Murphy] comes to me with some whack-a-doodle character, I tend to be like, 'Yes, let's do it!' I don't know, this is the first time. So we'll see."

Paulson previously admitted that she felt trapped by the series in season 6, when she played yoga instructor Shelby Miller in AHS: Roanoke. The season came after she played Marcia Clark in The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story, another Murphy creation, which earned her a Golden Globe and an Emmy Award. "I was so underwhelmed by the whole experience because I felt like I had entered into a new place inside of myself in terms of what I thought possible, in terms of what I might be willing to see if I can do," she continued.

"I felt really kind of trapped by my responsibility and my contractual obligation to do American Horror Story. As much as it's my home and I've loved it always, it was the first time I felt like I wish I could have gone to Ryan and said 'Please let me sit this one out, let me out.' "

x

On 9/21/2021 at 11:39 AM, GlenCoco said:

Is the show even good? I stopped watching after season 4 lol 

I think so for the most part.

• Season 5 Hotel has it's flaws but great because of Gaga and the cinematography.
  • Season 6 Roanoke has a mixed reaction among the fans but I think it's one of the scariest (if not the scariest) seasons with a great concept and unique set up. One of my favorite seasons
  • Season 7 Cult is probably has the best/tightest writing and storyline and honestly one of Sarah's best performances. Easier to watch now without Trump in office too. 
  • Season 8 Apocalypse was underwhelming for me. Not enough Apocalypse but the tie in to Coven was great
  • Season 9 1984 is terrible - worst season hands down. None of the major actors/players are in it and the acting is terrible (except Leslie Grossman) and just butchered what could have been an amazing concept
  • Season 10 Double Feature is great so far. The start has been slow but the Red Tide (i believe it will be 6 episodes) has been great. My favorite since 7 easily. Excited for the second part of Double Feature
On 9/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, Starboy said:

She should. She’s given more than enough to the show already. She should just do what Jessica Lange did and leave while it’s still good for her. The show has gotten mediocre and it will only weigh down her career and other opportunities that may arise.

The new season is really good. 

On 9/21/2021 at 9:24 PM, StrippedX said:

I don't want them to end the show yet because I still think it's very very good. But the series relies HEAVILY on her since Jessica left.

The show can work without Jessica and Sarah. They just need to give other actors more space to shine. Frances Conroy is brilliant in Double Feature.

24 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

Leslie Grossman needs to go. jj3 She keeps playing the same annoying bitchy character. She is the new Emma Roberts.  eve1 

I actually loved her in Cult and this current season. I think she plays the character well and less grating then Emma Roberts can be. She was the only tolerable character in 1984 for me as well. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.