Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ilya eilish

LGBTQ+ Community Slams Dave Chappelle For Transphobic Comments On His Netflix Special

dave

Dave Chappelle is being criticized again for cracking transphobic jokes in his latest Netflix comedy special. The National Black Justice Coalition, a civil rights advocacy group, issued a statement Wednesday urging the streaming service to pull the special, titled “The Closer.” “With 2021 on track to be the deadliest year on record for transgender people in the United States ― the majority of whom are Black transgender people ― Netflix should know better. Perpetuating transphobia perpetuates violence,” David Johns, the group’s executive director, said in the statement, per CNN. “Netflix should immediately pull The Closer from its platform and directly apologize to the transgender community.”

The special, which premiered Tuesday, includes derogatory jokes about the LGBTQ community and defends offensive comments made by “Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling and rapper DaBaby. "They canceled J.K. Rowling — my God,” Chapelle says in his special, according to various reports and clips that can be found online. He continued: “Effectually she said gender was a fact, the trans community got mad as shit, they started calling her a TERF,” Chappelle said, referring to the acronym for “trans-exclusionary radical feminists,” whose views about gender are seen as anti-trans. “I’m team TERF,” he added.

x

I'm a transgender woman. This is extremely transphobic. They need to take this special off of Netflix because of how transphobic and harmful it is. Hate when companies pretend to be woke in ways literally no one asked for, then promote an extremely transphobic special and FIRE TRANS WOMAN who speak out against it.

Netflix, don't post cringey LGBT corporate B.S. on social media. Don't allow literal hateful content against transgender woman content to be featured on your platform. That's literally all I want. Stop virtue signaling. Stop promoting transphobia on your platform. It's a very simple request.

On 10/14/2021 at 6:53 AM, rosemulet said:

I'm a transgender woman. This is extremely transphobic. They need to take this special off of Netflix because of how transphobic and harmful it is. Hate when companies pretend to be woke in ways literally no one asked for, then promote an extremely transphobic special and FIRE TRANS WOMAN who speak out against it.

Netflix, don't post cringey LGBT corporate B.S. on social media. Don't allow literal hateful content against transgender woman content to be featured on your platform. That's literally all I want. Stop virtue signaling. Stop promoting transphobia on your platform. It's a very simple request.

Agreed true1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.