Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Princess Aurora

What albums/singles should be added to the National Recording Registry?

8 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

No, it's not. However, the Music Video is in the National Film Registry

How are these songs not in? They defined that decade — and laid the ground work for half of the pop songs that followed.

Ridiculous. 

17 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Legitimately the only reasons that I didn’t put these two in was because I thought they were already in. 

Is Thriller in? ☠️

Thriller is included. The only MJ to make it there.

24 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

How are these songs not in? They defined that decade — and laid the ground work for half of the pop songs that followed.

Ridiculous. 

17 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Wait no, it's there. I checked it out rip4 

16 minutes ago, Shego said:

Thriller is included. The only MJ to make it there.

Yeah and it’s Thriller the whole album, not just song

1 hour ago, Atlantis Princess said:

The only one from this era is Lemonade lbh. Other albums mentioned are good and they did move music forward, but I think for this category you not only have to make an impact musically but culturally and socially and the music should actually have a message.

Kendrick Llamar's Album To Pimp A Butterfly could be added as well true1 

4 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Oh definently, but Idk if that has enough mainstream success on the charts to be considered true1

True but I guess it could be in it. I mean, The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill and Jay-Z's 2001 Album are in it so I guess it could be included as well. They're not only Music Albums but literally History for Future Historians about Culture.

2 hours ago, PARTYNAUSEOUS said:

ARTPOP - Lady Gaga

Crybaby - Melanie Martinez

SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo

MONTERO - Lil Nas X

Among many others.

Maybe Old Town Road could end up due to its controversy and being the longest #1 in History for now rav2 

5 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

The only one from this era is Lemonade lbh. Other albums mentioned are good and they did move music forward, but I think for this category you not only have to make an impact musically but culturally and socially and the music should actually have a message.

Erotica has that too

gAaeInv.gif

25 minutes ago, Shego said:

Is this about albums? Not me talking about songs only.

gAaeInv.gif

Of course. Everything that is considered a recording is eligible for it. Most of the entries are Albums but there are some singles as well for example Respect by Aretha Franklin and I'll Always Love You by Whitney Houston

gAaeInv.gif

13 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

I feel like it was not successful enough on the charts and it's too seeped into sex which America doesn't like to ever be considered. 

they need to fire the hags that work there and find young open-minded people, its 2021

gAaeInv.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.