Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

first impressions of Red (Taylor's Version)

ok so its not officially out until the 12th but its leaked in 128 kbps and im not sharing where aretha1 

if you find it, or end up receiving your physical early, share your thots below x

All Too Well 10 minute version cry5 

12 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Don’t support leaks. #streamORbuy rose1 

i dont either, ill be buying both CD and Vinyl rose1

also Girl at Home is a completely new production oprah10 

ATWTMVFTV had me floored fall3 fall3 fall3 

those extra lyrics giveup1 too close to home i fear

that's the only thing I listened to cause I knew I'd run to it the second the album dropped. I'll wait til midnight now and experience the whole thing in order. Reactions I saw were overwhelmingly good for all the tracks I was most excited to hear so I'm perched

6 minutes ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

All to well 10 Mins is a masterpiece 

the new ending 

„ i was there i was there i Remember it i was there……“ part is heaven 

11/10

it's the way she lived up to the hype for me giveup1 

Spoiler

THERE WE ARE AGAIN

FD6bexPX0Ak51dl?format=jpg&name=small

WHEN NOBODY HAD TO KNOW

YOU KEPT ME LIKE A SECRET

BUT I KEPT YOU LIKE AN OATH

that line hit too close for me, a new classic for queer people who have dated closted people methinks

11 hours ago, Amanda Laura said:

Can someone please tell me if Sad Beautiful Tragic and State of Grace Acoustic are absolute perfection still?!

well now you can judge for yourself tay2 

I was only really looking forward to listening to All Too Well (10 minute version). bey11 

I'm glad she and/or Liz cut it down to 5 minutes, the other words are so unnecessary and just drone on, and they don't impact as hard as the 5 minutes version. 

I also prefer All Too Well (scooter's version), because it just has that raw emotions, she was almost crying on some words... the Taylor's Version just doesn't it as hard emotionally...

State of Grace was one of my favorite Taylor songs so it's hard for me to really get into the re-recording. I actually prefer her original vocals. This goes for some of the other songs as well. This is my favorite Taylor album, though, so I guess I'm just going to be pretty hard to win over considering I love the original a lot. I think the changes are more noticeable here than on Fearless, actually. There's just less... spark to them. 

That isn't to say some of The Vault songs aren't pretty good. I really loved "Run" and I would say it's better than Everything Has Changed. "The Very First Night" is also really cute. As for the 10 minute version of All Too Well, I would say that I think it could have ended around the 7 minute mark. The additions to the verses & the bridge felt natural, but the extension of where the song usually ends just felt like a little too much at that point. The original cut is perfect how it is, but its a nice treat to hear the long draft. 

7 hours ago, Georgina Hill-Brown said:

Agreed with this.

Just listened to WANEGBT, and it just lacks the sass that the original has. Also is it just me, or the "we-e" sounds off-key or a different note in the Taylors' Version? rip2

Instead of we-e it's weeeeeeeee! rip2 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.