Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

first impressions of Red (Taylor's Version)

There's definitely more updates and changes than on Fearless. Taylor took more vocal freedom and some production changes are quite big, compared to Fearless which was very true to the original. However, I like it a lot. It's true that her vocals miss some spark and sass from the original version, but this is more mature, less quirks, more representing where she is now. I understand that everyone is not going to like it.

12 hours ago, Georgina Hill-Brown said:

Agreed with this.

Just listened to WANEGBT, and it just lacks the sass that the original has. Also is it just me, or the "we-e" sounds off-key or a different note in the Taylors' Version? rip2

I agree. I noticed this on some songs. I especially think both she and Gary lacked some emotion in their vocals in The Last Time & the way their vocals overlapped towards the climax of the song sounded strange. I think because in the original they were sining asynchronous, but the way it was mixed made it work. Taylor's Version has like... their consonants were getting in the way of each other.

So I could not stand Taylor back when she first came out. I hated her voice and really didn't care for her debut or Fearless's music. Speak Now definitely made me do a 180 on her and Red is what made into the giant fan (dare I say, stan?) that I am today. One of my favorite albums of all time. Based on the story, I fully support the re-recordings and honestly Fearless TV made me appreciate the album way more. Her voice now sounded better on the re-recordings and made the music a lot more enjoyable to listen to. 

That being said, I am very disappointed in Red TV. I actually prefer her voice in the original and I think the instruments and production sound so homemade compared to the OG. The Vault tracks are great and I LOVE the 10 minute version of ATW but sorry Tay, I think I'll stick with the original Red. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.