Metric

FOTP's Next Top Model S2 | Winner Revealed! (Pg. 22)

2 minutes ago, Royalty said:

I still don't understand - do we have to post our artists with an instrument? 

Basically post a photo that you feel can represent a certain music genre

For example: Pop Music is generally considered  upbeat and happy so you could send a photo of your model in a colorful background. Jazz Music is mostly considered "elegant" so you could send a photo of your model in a luxurious dress and so on

ROUND 3 

"Music Genres"

Here are the submissions for the third round

Spoiler

Ariana Grande (Hyperpop)

e4981bbead5202ef251bc9bd5a0fc625.jpg#e49

Gemma Collins (Jazz)

NINTCHDBPICT000623201800-1.jpg

Madonna (Disco)

IBoaVhh.jpg

Taylor Swift (Folk)

5f2347e228ea7103840f9571?width=1000&form

Beyonce (Pop)

24.jpg

Cardi B (Jazz)

feature-women-in-music-cardi-b-05-ab-dm-

Katy Perry (Bubblegum Pop)

Part-of-Me-katy-perry-the-movie-part-of-

Dua Lipa (Glam Metal)

E38xJg9XoAQmvNL.jpg

Florence Welch (New Age)

G8T867g.jpg

Naomi Campbell (Dance-pop)

Chic As F**k — Naomi Campbell by Patrick Demarchelier for Vogue...

Models must rank their competitors photos here (Remember you can't vote for yourself anymore)

Judges will post their critiques in the following hours

The elimination ceremony can be at December 10th 6PM PT or the day after.

That's all, good luck!

R1325728109227425_5-gthumb-gwdata1200-gh

LILY'S CRITIQUES

Spoiler

Ariana Grande
Ariana! You've taken the critiques and advice from the judges and incorporated it into your entry, and it really shows just by how big of a leap the quality improvement is between last week's and this one. This is a very solid entry, the lighting and color schemes have really given it a unique edge that makes you stand out from the rest of the crowd. I can see this picture being on the front of Spotify's biggest Hyperpop playlist. Well done!

Beyonce
It's sassy, it's fun.. but a little tacky. I'm not a huge fan of the angle or the outfit. But as far as thematically, it does capture Pop pretty well. 

Cardi B
A very solid entry! I love that you decided to not play it safe with Rap/Hip-Hop and went for something I don't think any of us expected you to go -- Jazz. You're elegant, stunning, and I love the hair. I do wish there was more going on in the background because the picture feels pretty empty, but otherwise this is very good.

Dua Lipa
I love this! I really appreciate that you're trying new things and not playing it safe, I don't think most of us expected you to take on Glam Metal of all things. You took a risk and it's really paid off. 

Florence Welch
It's uneventful and rather simplistic. The tarot cards are a very nice touch, but that's literally only element that stands out from this picture. The outfit is alright, but the pitch darkness in the background doesn't quite work that well for the photo. It just looks like you've been photoshopped out of a better picture. Overall, this is alright, but it's landed you mid-low on my list.

Gemma Collins
I.. really don't see how this is Jazz. At all. When you think of Jazz, you typically think glamorous, sultry, elegant.. this is none of that. You're literally wearing a sweatshirt. You're standing in front of a microphone.. but if anything, you just look like you're recording a podcast.

Katy Perry
The color schemes are bright and fun, but the elements that capture bubblegum pop itself are hidden behind the mirror. which is unfortunately such a small part of the picture. There's not that much to see. In that room, there's nothing that really screams "bubblegum pop" or even "pop", it's just a teenage girl's room. If you took out the mirror, it'd just look like a promotional shoot for a coming-of-age movie. I can see what you're aiming for with the picture.. but for me, it's a miss. 

Madonna
A notably fantastic entry! It captures the very essence of Disco, and the outfit and your hair both really compliments the rest of the picture. My only critique would be that it would've been really nice to be able to see your face, because I'm sure you have a glamorous set there too that would've enhanced the picture even further.

Naomi Campbell
Oh, Naomi! You are dazzling. Your outfit and pose are both fantastic, and this is something that really looks like it was taken out of a dance-pop single photoshoot -- great entry! 

Taylor Swift
I really like the outfit and the background, every element of this picture pretty much just screams "folk" -- and I love that. My only complaint is that a lot of the picture is blocked out by the wallpaper, which I know is there for the effect and while it is quite nice, I feel like it'd be better if you gave more focus on the nature element behind you instead.  

I had such a hard time with this. I do not want to be too on the nose with my entries, the literal route seems boring to me. But then again... I had no idea what to do. I just hope I'm not getting the chop. dead1 

giphy.gif?cid=5a38a5a2xfkrcusx0xuewghqezbk3x0zzak3tiyubncsmagc&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Welcome back to another one of those critique sessions! :) I have seen your entries. So here are my thoughts on all of them.

Ariana Grande (@Royalty)

Spoiler

This is really unique! As much as I love hyperpop, this is really nice. I could imagine one of these images as the cover on Spotify's hyperpop playlist...really awesome.

Gemma Collins (@Kim Woodburn)

Spoiler

dead2

Madonna (@Shego)

Spoiler

A nice representation of disco here. Everything is really good, from the look to the background...you did well!

Taylor Swift (@Amanda Laura)

Spoiler

An improvement over the last 2 entries. This is a beautiful one...it represents folk well.

Beyoncé (@Kristina)

Spoiler

I like this representation of pop. A solid entry.

Cardi B (@Howard Lotor)

Spoiler

Like what Lily said, I like how you did a different genre that's not rap/hip-hop. This one is pretty nice, if I should say.

Katy Perry (@GlenCoco)
Spoiler

This fits bubblegum pop well! From the setting, to the outfits, to the pose...a really awesome entry for this round!

Dua Lipa (@Jae)
Spoiler

Another unique genre! This is my favorite out of all of these ones. This round's entries are really good, but I have to say this one is my favorite because honestly this is really fitting. Good job. clap3

Florence Welch (@max)
Spoiler

This one doesn't resonate with me...kinda. The cards are a nice touch to the genre you picked, which is a standout from all the others that were picked. I will have to give you an extra point for the uniqueness, though.

Naomi Campbell (@V For Vendetta)

Spoiler

A nice and colorful outfit that fits dance pop. You did a really nice job on this one!

Overall thoughts: This round is (so far) the best one we've ever seen. There were no candid photos, and everyone did a pretty good job! I hope we can continue this cycle in the next round. ;)

Because of my covid 19 infection, there will be no #RoyaltyRATES this round :( as soon as I feel better and I am still in the competition, I will continue this hug1