Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Why is the bar for Adele so low?

Adele proves again that she can release an album so boring as 30 and still getting all the acclaim. Currently sitting at 89 on metacritic for an album which sounds just the same like her previous work. Any other MPG would been dragged to the grave and back if they released four albums that almost sound the same. Probably would flop for filth and getting destroyed by the critics. Even Red (TV) had more variety and it was just a re-recording. 

Adeles album is probably the worst album that I heard this year. It just screams old people whose life is at a point that its so fucking boring that they get excited over some mediocre melodies and lyrics. Some songs are so unnecessary long, like they are going nowhere. Sure, Adeles argument "I don't make music for the TikTok generation" might be true, but I'm not sure if she really wants her target audience to be a retirement home.

Don't get me wrong Easy On Me is one of her best singles and I had good intentions to stan this album and the highest hopes but I know right now that they are on the floor.

6 years of wait for this. I really expected some experimenting after that interview with Vogue. Oh My God is a bop, but doesn't compare to Message In A Bottle and To Be Loved is cute, but it's not a All Too Well (10 Minutes Version) (Taylors Version) (From The Vault). 

7 minutes ago, Simón. said:

It just screams old people whose life is at a point that its so fucking boring that they get excited over some mediocre melodies and lyrics.

Isn't that her main demographic though? The sort who think the only good pop song in the last 15 years is "Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Bublé. 

Anyway all the inactive lurking FOTP relics from 2010-14 are probably going to appear in this thread now. 

24 minutes ago, Simón. said:

The re-releases are carried by Taylors fans and the younger generation. Adele has neither

21 sold like 30m worldwide, if a re-release were to sell even a tenth of that she'd blow any Taylor's Whatever out of the water.

23 minutes ago, Simón. said:

It just screams old people whose life is at a point that its so fucking boring that they get excited over some mediocre melodies and lyrics. 

16 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Isn't that her main demographic though? 

jj3 

It is the music she has always been making.  People of all ages dig romantic AC music, so it isn't like older generations were the only ones who supported Adele in the past.

She is the new Celine. When people think about romance, they think about Adele. That is the formula. People don't need to be hardcore fans. They  just want the same stuff and don't want something different. 

I agree that critics give a free pass  for repeating the same shit. But Adele isn't the only one. Ariola repeated the same shit for younger generations and got away with it. jj2  A lot of basic albums in the 2010s have been praised for no good reasons. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.