Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Why is the bar for Adele so low?

6 minutes ago, Madonna said:

It’s really smooth. Gives me strong Alicia Keys vibes. I love the kind of unusual production on Strangers By Nature.

True, some of tracks were similar to some Alicia Keys songs. I think Adele keeps growing despite staying in her own comfortable zone. She knows how to explore her own genre or reinventing herself in her own niche without repeating herself true1 

4 minutes ago, Howard Lotor said:

Beer's nasty anyways. I was always a champagne kinda guy

You're blonde, you're skinny, you're rich, and you're a little bit of a bitch... its okay we get it. ny6

3 minutes ago, Howard Lotor said:

You mean those toxic "manly men" who think it's gay to wipe their ass?

Based on your previous comment I'd expect you have a bidet. ny13

30 minutes ago, PARTYNAUSEOUS said:

Honey I don't know what you're thinking, but if you think that Gaga is more overrated than Adele is.....

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

lady gaga no GIF

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Youre Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's KitchenYoure Wrong GIF

This is a case of identity theft. I was one of the only ones who had used this style of posting. See you in court, hun.

Also, Adele v. Taylor is the new Patti Labelle v. Diana Ross, Madonna v. Cyndi Lauper, Whitney v. Black people, Mariah v. Whitney, Celiné v. Aretha, Diana v. Donna Summer, Shakira v. Taxes & boars, etc. antm1

2 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Based on your previous comment I'd expect you have a bidet. ny13

Lol I don't. I want one though.

2 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

You're blonde, you're skinny, you're rich, and you're a little bit of a bitch... its okay we get it. ny6

I'm not actually. I'm just too boogie for my own good. bebe1

...I'm not listening to leaks but rather the 30 seconds previews on Apple Music, so take these with a CUP of Himalayan salt. A lot of these melodies would have been much better if they're worked furthermore. There are many melodies that I thought "huh, that could have gone somewhere else and it'd be better wouldn't it?" but they're stuck on a very stiff progression.

The first two tracks are giving me headaches because they sound different from each other; decisions were chosen to put them to open the album. Not too different, but "Easy on Me" is much more elastic than "Strangers by Nature."

"Cry Your Heart Out" is a laughable attempt at doing an Amy-esque song, but it sounds a lot similar to her songs in 19. I'm pleasantly surprised. "Oh My God" would've been a real killer if it had been sing by somebody who could actually play dynamics between the verses and chorus. It's her voice that holds it back because it doesn't have much textures. Her tone is very black and white on this album.

"Can I Get It" is there. It exists. It kinda tries to be femme fatale but ends up being an Ed Sheeran-sounding tune. There's an attempt to make it Amy-ish again. "I Drink Wine" sounds good to these ears, though. "All Night Parking" sounds wonderful as well. "My Little Love" is nice I guess, but "Woman Like Me" is too subdued. Meanwhile, "Hold On" sounds like a John Lennon record.

"To Be Loved" is so...Music Box...I can't. "Love Is a Game" is almost a Frank Sinatra/old Hollywood record mixed with Aretha influences clearly. That one is the most adventurous song out of everything, surprisingly.

Edit: Actually, "Strangers by Nature" and "Easy on Me" back-to-back is giving more of "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" and "Because You Loved Me."

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.