Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Why is the bar for Adele so low?

I don't think it's necessary to compare it to Taylor's rerecorded album. I haven't heard 30 but I do agree that the bar is "low" for her in the sense that people don't want her to change. They want Adele the way Adele has been because they like it that way. It's kind of like Lana Del Rey, honestly. Maybe a little bit of a change but people listen to her for a certain mood and vibe. They want their emotional, classic-sounding music from Adele and that's it. 

5 hours ago, Shego said:

listening to it right now and seems like her weakest album to date. to be loved vocals were named some of the best vocals of all time by critics, we-

972e27b555c035a0ffb1acb4cff5691d4e30b250

The vocals near the end are so grating to listen to. Not to mention that it's the most self-indulgent track of the entire LP. I swear critics are a bunch of odd people. chi1

14 minutes ago, Butterfly said:

We all know that's because he's mad Rihanna isn't releasing any music no more so... true1

Mixed with the pain of Toilet Swiffer releasing only a week of Godele and being completed overshadowed.

6 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

The only song on it that matters is the title track. true1

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952deea337fd7da93ccd

Not when Sexxx Dreams, Manicure, Swine, Do What You Want (without R Kelly), and Gyspy exist. They're the best songs on that Album true1 Venus is cute but it felt like I was on drugs or something gag1 

2 hours ago, Madonna said:

Mixed with the pain of Toilet Swiffer releasing only a week of Godele and being completed overshadowed.

True, because that makes the incredible numbers she pulled with a rerecording just go away. nicki5 

make it make sense. 

literally her most versatile album to date and it's absolutely amazing. her lyricism on this album is incredible. stronger album than I ever expected it to be.

the bar isn't low for her, but rather she is setting the bar so high no one else can reach her.

9 hours ago, Butterfly said:

The vocals near the end are so grating to listen to. Not to mention that it's the most self-indulgent track of the entire LP. I swear critics are a bunch of odd people. chi1

i like the vocals but idk if they're some of the best of all time, a reach

972e27b555c035a0ffb1acb4cff5691d4e30b250

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.