ajp

How Would You Rate The “DISCO” Era?

So, now that the DISCO era is officially over (Kylie is back to tweeting about perfume, again). eve1

Out of a score of 10 (being the best) and 1 (being the worst)…How would you rate the whole era?

EkTD5DiWkAUaVZX?format=jpg&name=large

18 minutes ago, ajp said:

So, now that the DISCO era is officially over (Kylie is back to tweeting about perfume, again). eve1

Out of a score of 10 (being the best) and 1 (being the worst)…How would you rate the whole era?

EkTD5DiWkAUaVZX?format=jpg&name=large

Not the DISCO era being over. 

I hope there will still be a tour and other performances. 

However so far 10/10

I'm pretty satisfied. The drought was rough ngl she didnt throw us a bone for months in 2021 but all things considered it's a very decent era. I'd say after the KMOcalypse and Xmasggedon she's had quite the resurgance not only in quality but also commercially. I think she's found herself again and is in a good place and that really translates into the music and the performances lj1 I've had more fun as a Kylord disciple in the past 4 years than I've had in 20 years of ministry demi1 

1 hour ago, plutoniano said:

I'm pretty satisfied. The drought was rough ngl she didnt throw us a bone for months in 2021 but all things considered it's a very decent era. I'd say after the KMOcalypse and Xmasggedon she's had quite the resurgance not only in quality but also commercially. I think she's found herself again and is in a good place and that really translates into the music and the performances lj1 I've had more fun as a Kylord disciple in the past 4 years than I've had in 20 years of ministry demi1 

But what score is all that? xtina2

I’m going to give it an 8 kylie6

I thought the execution of the era at the beginning was excellent alex1…especially “Infinite Disco” which sealed it for me. I would have liked to have seen Dance Floor Darling get full single treatment (instead of being just a BBC Radio 2 single) and Guest List edition should have been scrapped for just a DVD/Audio of ID. The extended mixes LP of DISCO was brilliant but they failed in not giving it a digital/streaming life um2

3 hours ago, Mario Spears said:

Not the DISCO era being over. 

I hope there will still be a tour and other performances. 

However so far 10/10

Kylie has perfume and wine bottles to fill and boxes to unpack down under. Infinite Disco was the tour - now available on DVD and Blu-Ray. alex1

28 minutes ago, ajp said:

But what score is all that? xtina2

I'm gonna say 8. The biggest misstep was not doing anything else for DFD tbh. A cute remix ep and uploading that single edit wouldve been fine even if she couldnt film a video for it in Australia.

The repack was ok but just 3 new tracks is a bit of a scam ngl eve1 

20 minutes ago, plutoniano said:

I'm gonna say 8. The biggest misstep was not doing anything else for DFD tbh. A cute remix ep and uploading that single edit wouldve been fine even if she couldnt film a video for it in Australia.

The repack was ok but just 3 new tracks is a bit of a scam ngl eve1 

Exactly! whit1
Only superfans bought it and let’s just say that the Kyliestore will get stuck with a lot of unsold copies. They should pack them in a box and send them with Kylie to Australia. eve1

7/10 for the album release

8/10 overall including reissue. 

For a while I just couldn’t get into the album on a serious level, starting with the still-ridiculous title m. The project as a whole felt cohesive but far too gimmicky at first, which I know is part of what constitutes Kylieness and ha appeal but I wanted something more immaculately produced like Aphrodite/Confessions on a Dancefloor than what we got which was a bit more tongue in cheek than I was expecting. 

However, the reissue made me really reevaluate and I love most of the album now. Monday Blues and Where Does the DJ Go are the only songs I won’t listen to, and of the ones left there are some truly monumental songs. Say Something, Magic, Dance Floor Darling, Miss A Thing, and Celebrate You are divine. I also think the Real Groove redux was amazing and A Second To Midnight is SUCH a grower. On a minor note I’m also really pleased with the new cover and infinitely better packaging on the Guest List Edition. Lowkey wish she had Colman’s with Madonna instead of the Jessie Ware track but I’ve accepted that she’s going more for real 70s sounds for much of the album than trying to intervene/update a classic disco texture. 

I’m really glad she repacked it. Covid limited the era in some ways and I’m glad she found a way to revive it.