Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Diego

Britney shades Christina Aguilera on instagram

It's hard to completely side with either of them on this one. I think they're both at fault here.

Britney's post comes across as misguided, because it'd be one thing if Christina had been completely silent on the topic -- but she hasn't. She wrote a whole essay in Britney defense. And I say "misguided" because from the way Britney is talking, I'm getting the impression that she's unaware of the essay. Britney likely saw the interview clip first, and it's not hard to see how she would be irked by Christina snubbing the question. 

Christina herself is coming across as pretty shady and petty in the clip. While she did say that she was happy for Britney, she went to notify her publicist the second Britney's name was mentioned and the facial expressions she made afterwards didn't help. And also, she wrote a whole 6-tweets long essay but she couldn't say a couple of nice words without walking away in the middle of it?? 💀 C'mon now. 

Either way, it's also hard to blame Britney for reacting the way she did. What she went through was horrifying. The conservatorship may be over, but healing doesn't happen overnight.

Over the past year I can’t think or another person who said something so heartfelt and personal as what Christina did in June. If you want the whole interview they had already said we have to go, there was no Britney shade and guess what, the world doesn’t revolve around Britney Spears (hard to believe). 

how many other artists haven’t said a single word on it????

I lost a lot of respect for Britney today, any other female artist would get torn to shreds for coming after another female but because Britney has mental health issues she won’t be called out.

I don’t think Britney knows what Xtina wrote some time ago in support of her, so I understand why she would call her out. And after this I find what Xtina wrote back then to be very insincere. She comes off as really petty for dodging the question, and if she cared as much as that post insinuated, she would have answered..

6 hours ago, michael1814 said:

Over the past year I can’t think or another person who said something so heartfelt and personal as what Christina did in June. If you want the whole interview they had already said we have to go, there was no Britney shade and guess what, the world doesn’t revolve around Britney Spears (hard to believe). 

how many other artists haven’t said a single word on it????

I lost a lot of respect for Britney today, any other female artist would get torn to shreds for coming after another female but because Britney has mental health issues she won’t be called out.

Oh what would she do without your respect.  You never respected her anyway with all of those passive aggressive post in the conservatorship threads thinking it was good for her to have all her rights taken away because she's "unstable". 

14 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Oh what would she do without your respect.  You never respected her anyway with all of those passive aggressive post in the conservatorship threads thinking it was good for her to have all her rights taken away because she's "unstable". 

She was unstable when the conservatory started…

have you seen her fiancé dodge Britney questions the the movie premiere he attended? Why doesn’t he have to talk about it???

3 minutes ago, michael1814 said:

She was unstable when the conservatory started…

have you seen her fiancé dodge Britney questions the the movie premiere he attended? Why doesn’t he have to talk about it???

Even if she was unstable, a conservatorship was not needed because it did more harm than good. What she needed then was a supportive system and some therapy. Not a family locking her up and taking all her rights as a human being.

He doesn't have to talk about it because he is supportive in private and is not someone in the music industry. I need fighters to stop analyzing their whole relationship based on one interview when y'all don't know anything about it.

35 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Even if she was unstable, a conservatorship was not needed because it did more harm than good. What she needed then was a supportive system and some therapy. Not a family locking her up and taking all her rights as a human being.

He doesn't have to talk about it because he is supportive in private and is not someone in the music industry. I need fighters to stop analyzing their whole relationship based on one interview when y'all don't know anything about it.

So Sam is out trying to be something alone and doesn't have to make a comment but an ex friend of Britney's who hasn't mentioned Christina's name in a decade has to, ok.

Christina did nothing wrong, Britney has come across as a complete c*nt today.

I have a family member who has been in a conservatorship since the early 80s, my uncle who is a paranoid schizophrenic. I can 100% tell you, Britney needed the conservatorship in 2008.

12 minutes ago, michael1814 said:

So Sam is out trying to be something alone and doesn't have to make a comment but an ex friend of Britney's who hasn't mentioned Christina's name in a decade has to, ok.

I have a family member who has been in a conservatorship since the early 80s, my uncle who is a paranoid schizophrenic. I can 100% tell you, Britney needed the conservatorship in 2008.

Yeah, beacuse you personally know Britney right 💀

16 minutes ago, michael1814 said:

Britney has never been paranoid schizophrenic though? What are you saying. She probably had some post partum depression, plus abandonment issues but nothing that would require a conservatorship. 

I mean this is messy. It's possible Britney's not aware of Christina's post in support of her as she was still under conservatorship at the time. But to be completely honest this feels uncalled for, even if I understand that after 13 years of abuse she's likely to make some hasty judgements.

Sure, Christina didn't need to dodge the question, but at the same time a rushed red carpet interview is really not the place to discuss such serious topics, so I understand why she did. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.