Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Britney Spears attacks Christina Aguilera on IG

5 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Tbh it's bad from both sides. Britney fans may think Christina was rude, jealous or whatever but X fans are just as worse saying Britney deserves to be locked up again, that she's crazy etc. 

that's sad huh? ari7

imagine if this incident never existed, guess we'll never know now but thanks Britney for inserting Christina into a very un-needed drama.

1 hour ago, Gabe. said:

so Christina was rude and bitchy but what Britney did as in basically sending her legion of unhinged stans to go after Christina is correct? this could have easily been addressed privately by Britney if she was so offended, to which Christina could have linked her to the heartfelt letter she penned to her back in June.

i don't blame Christina nor her PR for not wanting the focus to shift on Britney on a huge night for Christina herself. whatever Christina would have answered to that question, either being "Britney is a cow!!!" or a 38 minutes long speech on how Britney Spears is the entire world and we just revolve around her (which, sigh, seems to be what a lot of the Britney stans preferred) would have made headlines either way over why Christina was on the red carpet to begin with, which was promoting her first Spanish material released in 20 years.

the question was completely unrelated to the reason Christina was there, the timing for it was off (the PR had already said the interview was over BEFORE the reporter snid in the Britney question) and a red carpet wasn't the place for such a sensitive subject to be addressed either. 

all of this resulted in a perfect storm for Christina's haters (as seen even in this thread) to claim she's always been a bitchy cunt, just this time they are entitled to do so by Britney herself. how is that right for some of yall, i'll never grasp. most of Britney's stans are middle aged gays who will shout "Free Britney!" at every corner but immediately seek to silence another woman who hasn't done anything remotely close to wrong. it's just convenient to come for Christina now and unleash all the inner, putrid energy they kept towards her (lord knows why) for 20 years. 

Now sis.. who wants to SILENCE Xtina? 💀

No one sane is expecting Xtina to give an entire press statement about it. She could've easily have taken 5-10 seconds just to say she was happy for her etc like everyone else does, nothing much. But instead we got a response that came across as rude, unauthentic and dismissive as if she was saying "urgh, why does it matter". Which doesn't add up given she can post an entire essay on Twitter about it at the height of the FreeBritney movement. I don't think she intended for it to come across that way but it was just very poorly handled by both her and her team. Xtina isn't dumb, she's been in the industry long enough to know that when doing a red carpet this sort of question is going to come up right now.

I think we all agree Britney is probably just mistaken and should've have made that post, but it's completely understandable why she did. 

7 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

we'll give Britney the benefit of the doubt for the millionth time but Gaga will promote any cause that benefits her and she surely wasn't under the clock during that event unlike Christina who seemingly was dead last on that carpet and had to rush inside in time to perform.

Just like we give a free pass for all the unacceptable things P!nk and Xtina did in the 00s? Certainly if they reenacted the first 5 or so years of their career in this decade they wouldn't last long at all. Britney's post was poorly judged but it's nowhere near as comparable. 

22 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

and if Christina hadn't ever addressed the Britney situation yall would have been like "ugh that fat cunt is the worst why isnt she supporting Britney???" 

take the bias glasses off. Christina can never win with some of yall.

I don't doubt many would've. I wouldn't have, as like I said she's not obligated. No celebrity is, hence why I've refrained from dragging those that haven't said anything. What my problem is, is that she did and is now pulling back. Had she not said a thing, I wouldn't be in this conversation. 

But yes I agree with you in that are many of the twitter gays who are using it as an excuse to do the same hating they've always done while making zero valid points. I'm not here for that either. 

12 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

we'll give Britney the benefit of the doubt for the millionth time but Gaga will promote any cause that benefits her and she surely wasn't under the clock during that event unlike Christina who seemingly was dead last on that carpet and had to rush inside in time to perform.

Yeah, I can agree with that. What is outrageous however is this:

I believe I've upvoted someone defending Sam in this thread because "yeah, of course her fiancé didn't need to address it publicly considering that he's her significant other" but I thought his response was something along the line of "I'm happy that she's finally free, but I'm here for the movie so yeah."

His actual response is actually much worse than that. dead2

18 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

that's sad huh? ari7

imagine if this incident never existed, guess we'll never know now but thanks Britney for inserting Christina into a very un-needed drama.

I agree. Britney didn't need to do this. She's not the type to shade or call someone out anyway. So this is unexpected 

What I don't understand is why Britney needs to point out who's good and who's bad. I've been supporting the FreeBritney movement since the beggining, but to be honest, no one is obligated to talk about it. People romantize too much that “uSe YoUr PlAtFoRmS” speech, but when is the right moment to do it? I hate when celebrities use a social cause as a PR thing, but in this case, that really helped bringing attention to her situation. More than a decade late, yes, but with so many restrictions in her life, was there a way to check how she was and what was true when no one in her life allowed her to even touch a phone? I will always support Britney, and I'm not even a Xtina fan, but that post was unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I don't doubt many would've. I wouldn't have, as like I said she's not obligated. No celebrity is, hence why I've refrained from dragging those that haven't said anything. What my problem is, is that she did and is now pulling back. Had she not said a thing, I wouldn't be in this conversation. 

But yes I agree with you in that are many of the twitter gays who are using it as an excuse to do the same hating they've always done while making zero valid points. I'm not here for that either. 

So you're saying X has to do it over and over again? Y'all will come for her by saying she's using Britney to get album sales if she speaks up again.

Speaking up once is more than enough. X does not need to re-acknowledge her statement for a second time as it negates the purpose and it's not the proper time to do so.

Don't be demanding, the world does not revolve around your fave.

1 hour ago, Billie Frank said:

No one sane is expecting Xtina to give an entire press statement about it. She could've easily have taken 5-10 seconds just to say she was happy for her etc like everyone else does, nothing much. But instead we got a response that came across as rude, unauthentic and dismissive as if she was saying "urgh, why does it matter". Which doesn't add up given she can post an entire essay on Twitter about it at the height of the FreeBritney movement. I don't think she intended for it to come across that way but it was just very poorly handled by both her and her team. Xtina isn't dumb, she's been in the industry long enough to know that when doing a red carpet this sort of question is going to come up right now.

I think we all agree Britney is probably just mistaken and should've have made that post, but it's completely understandable why she did. 

Just like we give a free pass for all the unacceptable things P!nk and Xtina did in the 00s? Certainly if they reenacted the first 5 or so years of their career in this decade they wouldn't last long at all. Britney's post was poorly judged but it's nowhere near as comparable. 

I understand Xtina's frustration. She did not need to be asked about Britney for the nth time.

It was not the proper venue to do so. There is a proper place and time for everything and the red carpet is not one of them.

5 hours ago, rocky road said:

She can get away with everything even being rude to her fans

Her fans attacking Xtina in social media is even more problematic, considering that when people support or talk about Britney's situation, they always call them out for wanting attenton. Now they're mad at Xtina for the opposite reason? They need help, they're glorifying bullying. bey11

25 minutes ago, Shego said:

Her fans attacking Xtina in social media is even more problematic, considering that when people support or talk about Britney's situation, they always call them out for wanting attenton. Now they're mad at Xtina for the opposite reason? They need help, they're glorifying bullying. bey11

sksjsjsjs most britney spears stans have always been the pits.

19 minutes ago, StrippedX said:

Honestly f*ck Britney for this

its ok sis hug1

i've seen A LOT of support for our girl everywhere. people are very rightfully calling Britney out for this fuck up even on her instagram. maybe she should read those comments.

1 hour ago, Gabe. said:

its ok sis hug1

i've seen A LOT of support for our girl everywhere. people are very rightfully calling Britney out for this fuck up even on her instagram. maybe she should read those comments.

She can read?

Spoiler

gag1 

I'll probably get down voted for this by Britney's cult here but y'all need to chill. The world does not revolve around her, you and Britney should know that.

Are we happy she got her freedom? YES. 

Are we supportive of her? ABSOLUTELY.

Does the world need to know about her story? OF COURSE.

Do we need to walk on egg shells around her and always make her feel like she's a princess? NO.

Her life is a life full of trials and enslavement and she needed to get free. She already has that now but that does not change the fact that the chapter in her life (not Christina's) had ended. She should write a new chapter filled with hopefullness, happiness and love along side her "boyfriend", kids and her fans. 

Yes, we see that it's still hard for her but that's why she needs help from professionals to see things with a silver lining. I'm not saying that she's crazy because she is not. All I'm saying is that she can talk to a psychologist because they know how to address her mental well being and can help her cope up after YEARS of being held against her will.

As far as Xtina is concerned, she does not need to be asked about Britney because it was not her story to tell. Xtina was supportive of Britney but that does not change the fact that Christina's life does not revolve around Britney's issues. Issues that her own family created.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.