Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

V For Vendetta

"AIWFCIY" Re-Enters The U.S. Hot 100 Chart At #36

23 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

So this is its 45 week on the chart. 

What happens when it gets to 52 and goes recurring. Billboard has a rule that if a song stayed 52 weeks on the chart and falls below top 25 it will never come back. 

Is this the last year of AIWFCIY?? Or what happens ? ari7

I-

WHAT? ari7 

25 minutes ago, V For Vendetta said:

I-

WHAT? ari7 

Yes that's what happened to Blinding Lights and will happen to Levitating. Otherwise they would've stayed much more on the chart. Once Levitating falls below the top 25 it will exit Hot 100 never come back. 

Though idk if this applies to Mariah since it didn't stay a FULL consecutive year on the chart but only a few weeks a year. So that's why I'm wondering what will happen. 

5 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Yes that's what happened to Blinding Lights and will happen to Levitating. Otherwise they would've stayed much more on the chart. Once Levitating falls below the top 25 it will exit Hot 100 never come back. 

Though idk if this applies to Mariah since it didn't stay a FULL consecutive year on the chart but only a few weeks a year. So that's why I'm wondering what will happen. 

I think they will probably always let it chart. They named Mariah as their biggest female artist in history and I think eventually this will be the #1 Hot 100 hit of all time. I think Billboard would love to give Mariah both those titles. 

11 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

I think they will probably always let it chart. They named Mariah as their biggest female artist in history and I think eventually this will be the #1 Hot 100 hit of all time. I think Billboard would love to give Mariah both those titles. 

Girl they might love Mariah, but they can't bend the rules for her. They can make some exception for all Christmas music though brit7

2 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

What happens when it gets to 52 and goes recurring. Billboard has a rule that if a song stayed 52 weeks on the chart and falls below top 25 it will never come back. 

What a weird rule. I've never heard of this.

But maybe it makes sense for Christmas music creep1 

14 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Yet another one of those stupid chart manipulation rules that make 0 sense... 

49 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Yet another one of those stupid chart manipulation rules that make 0 sense... 

It's not a chart manipulation. 

It makes sense when it's considered that since a song stayed a full year on the chart it has achieved all that it could and there's no point in it staying. So it exits to make room for new songs and to not make the chart clogged with songs from 1-2 years on the chart. 

24 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

It's not a chart manipulation. 

It makes sense when it's considered that since a song stayed a full year on the chart it has achieved all that it could and there's no point in it staying. So it exits to make room for new songs and to not make the chart clogged with songs from 1-2 years on the chart. 

I disagree. Charts should represent what's popular/best selling regardless. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.