Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Which 1989 (TV) song should aim for #1?

I think 1989 is actually gonna underperform compared to Red.. Red has so many amazing album tracks and especially All Too Well was just waiting to be discovered by the gp.. Meanwhile half of 1989 was #1 on radio and the entire album is just so well known already. I don't think there will be a standout track that will go Top 10 on Billboard like with Red TV. 

Also the production of the poppier songs on Red wasn't really top-notch so I'm a bit worried about that for 1989 TV too brit4 

48 minutes ago, Simón. said:

New Romantics honestly tay4

coming to SNATCH

12 minutes ago, fab said:

I think 1989 is actually gonna underperform compared to Red.. Red has so many amazing album tracks and especially All Too Well was just waiting to be discovered by the gp.. Meanwhile half of 1989 was #1 on radio and the entire album is just so well known already. I don't think there will be a standout track that will go Top 10 on Billboard like with Red TV. 

Also the production of the poppier songs on Red wasn't really top-notch so I'm a bit worried about that for 1989 TV too brit4 

Though realistically, I can agree to this. I haven't been a fan of Taylor's for too long (only since folklore) but Red (TV) kind of??? Isn't it for me? At least the songs that are more pop, the wee's on WANGBT are so bad dead2, and the whole production feels more... idk plastic? Fearless (TV) was great and made me appreciate the whole era way more, but Red doesn't have that same effect to me in full. (The ballads and downtempos are still very nice though, and State of Grace is still THAT opener)

2 hours ago, fab said:

I think Red is a more standout album in her discography as it marks the shift from country to a more pop sound with experimentation in different genres such as dance-pop and dubstep. 1989 was significantly more pop and almost a continuation of the basic formula that worked on Red in the same way Prism was to Teenage Dream. 

I've seen lots of people saying Reputation TV will be even bigger but I just don't see that happening. Especially given its a less significant album and far more recent. 

16 hours ago, fab said:

idk why you would since Jack Antonoff produced the original 1989 album anyway, hes likely to be re producing it again gaga12 

12 hours ago, Equals = said:

Blank Space

Bad Blood

Style

New Romantics

Out Of The Woods

so all the old singles? minus Shake it Off ( rip4 ) rih1 

I also think that 1989 TV is going to underperform, especially compared to Red TV. I think Red TV is gonna be as big as it gets honestly.

OT: New Romantics, but honestly? Style. It was only ever released as a single cause the stans bullied her into it, Miss Swift literally gave zero care to it as a single. No performance, rushed music video, barely any recognition whatsoever. It was also fighting against SIO and Blank Space, both of which were still doing very well. nicki5 I'd love for Style to FINALLY get the chance to really shine. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.