Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Stan/Unstan 2021

It’s almost the end of the year, and it’s time for my annual confessional thread! alex1 

Which artists have you started to stan in 2021 and which artists have you unstanned in 2021?

nat1

For me, I cleaned house or should I say, Haus.

I unstanned Lady Gaga. Not the first time that I got tired of her, but both times were around her Jazz albums. gaga12

I said bye-bye to my baby, Shawn Mendes for this year. His era was horrible and his dating Cameltoe made him boring. Maybe in 2024, he could redeem himself (now that Succubus is gone). oprah2

Kelly Clarkson has turned herself into soccer mom viewing with 2 TV shows, and she’s doing better than she would ever in her recorded music career. Good for her, but I unstan. rav3
I like Dua in 2021 but not enough to stan her yet and STEPS came out with the best pop album of 2021, so I’m stanning them now. xtina2

Namie Amuro, Aaliyah, Janet Jackson, TLC have been upgraded to stan level. 

And I decided to unstan Xtina for the time being. I will always listen to her back catalogue but I haven't been excited for her new music and her current voice isn't doing it for me. There's nothing that makes me anticipate what she has out. And plus this whole fiasco with Britney made me realize I can't be objective and I will always take sides so it's better to drop my stan card for X gaga12

2 hours ago, Simón. said:

I just know @imahunter began to stan Taylor giveup3 

I unstanned Dua, she became overexposed and annoying to me.

I’ve always disliked Taylor and her manipulative personality. I think she’s a sociopath so I’ve never stanned her. I do LOVE “Wildest Dreams” 

I began stanning Kali Uchis. Her Grammy nominated album is my favorite this year. 

I unstanned Madonna rih9

I mean I'll always enjoy her past music and all that., I cant erase my own memory eve1 But I'm not perched for new material, quite the opposite really dead2 And I'm done not criticizing her  

I think the only act I started stanning was Lil Nas X orly1 

My other faves are all safe for now, except for maybe Shakira. If she doesnt drop a quality song soon I'll have to really question her status cause not a single good song in an entire decade is rip2 

I unstanned Doja. Planet Her really didn't do it for me and the only song is like of it is Kiss Me More. 

I also unstanned Rihanna. I'll always love her and her past music but I don't really see the point stanning someone who isn't even a singer. 

I stanned Miley and to a lesser extent Lil Nas X.

I was also tempted to stan Taylor after Folklore/Evermore. But her stans are too insufferable and I don't wish to collude with them. 

5 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

I was also tempted to stan Taylor after Folklore/Evermore. But her stans are too insufferable and I don't wish to collude with them. 

I love Taylor but that doesn’t mean I have to interact with her stans um2 

6 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

But you do. um2

Yeah but you don’t have to um2 also it’s up to you to decide who you interact with, there’s plenty of amazing Swifties around but there’s also a lot of toxic ones on Twitter um2 

On 11/25/2021 at 5:58 PM, plutoniano said:

My other faves are all safe for now, except for maybe Shakira. If she doesnt drop a quality song soon I'll have to really question her status cause not a single good song in an entire decade is rip2 

same girl same

she hasn't had a good song in like for ever 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.