Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Fake Adele stans lost: Folklore outsells 30, Red (TV) outsells 30 in vinyls

The comeback of the decade which was destined to outsell Taylor albums sold 839k units, which is not bad at all, but OTH who became Adele Stans right before the release set her up. Where is the 1 million debut? Where are the 2 million? 

The numbers in vinyl sales are even more shocking (if you are a OTH). Red (TV) outsold 30 despite being more expensive and only having two variants where is one is simple back. Adele is a beast, but Taylor is something way more bigger. 

Accept it, FOTP. Taylor will always win. tay6

Love to all the Adele Stans, though, yall didn't set up adele like that. These are amazing numbers. hug1

2 minutes ago, Winnie said:

Go outside and ask 50 people to sing “Easy On Me”’s chorus and then ask them to sing “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)” chorus and report back.

Ask 50 strangers to sing two songs on a Monday? Come on, that's unreasonable, at least wait for the weekend.

44 minutes ago, Winnie said:

Go outside and ask 50 people to sing “Easy On Me”’s chorus and then ask them to sing “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)” chorus and report back.

There are whole Taylor parties, but there is no Adele parties. Gen Z won, boomers lost 

4 minutes ago, Mandy Moore said:

Brave. 

Bionic. Lotus and Liberation combined never even made any impact in the US or any parts of the world for that matter.

Please sit down. 

I've never said Bionic, Lotus or Libby made any impact anywhere except online lol? All I know is here in Europe Taylor is nowhere near as well known or talked about as Adele. Hell, even Christina has more stans I know here than Taylor kii1 

47 minutes ago, StrippedX said:

I've never said Bionic, Lotus or Libby made any impact anywhere except online lol? All I know is here in Europe Taylor is nowhere near as well known or talked about as Adele. Hell, even Christina has more stans I know here than Taylor kii1 

Whut brit16

Obviously the number would be fantastic for anyone else, but going from 3.38M to 600k pure sales?  I thought she'd at least get 1.5M .. her gap to everyone else was so large in 2015, I'm kinda shook at the decline 

12 minutes ago, fab said:

Obviously the number would be fantastic for anyone else, but going from 3.38M to 600k pure sales?  I thought she'd at least get 1.5M .. her gap to everyone else was so large in 2015, I'm kinda shook at the decline 

agree, especially seeing how the market today clearly is the same as back then 😜

1 minute ago, Gabe. said:

agree, especially seeing how the market today clearly is the same as back then 😜

even taking that into account ... Taylor declined about 35% from 1.3M (1989) to 800k (folklore), meanwhile Adele declined nearly 80% from one album to the next brit4

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.