Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Fake Adele stans lost: Folklore outsells 30, Red (TV) outsells 30 in vinyls

6 minutes ago, Butterfly said:

A New Day Has fuckin' Come would like to have a conversation with you. She said you're gonna get fucked. You're welcome. bop1

One of the better songs but it's still pretty generic. 

For a while she was literally doing what P!nk does and re-released the same song over and over with That's Thats The Way It Is / I'm Alive / A New Day Has Come (Radio version) etc

1 hour ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

• 30 had no bundles of any sort. folklore technically shifted more album units but about 50k sales came from bundles
  • 25 was not released to streaming for at least 6-8 months whereas 30 was available day 1. Had she done the same with 30, sales would have definitely increased
  • 800k may be an underperformance for Adele but she outsold all other 2021 albums combined so... 
  • Massive album sales will offset streaming because people typically don't stream stuff they bought... 
  • 30 will continue to outsell going into the Xmas season 

Thank u for coming to my ted talk

Facts and facts ONLY

3 hours ago, Simón. said:

all other 2021 albums combined? You think ALL 2021 released albums didn't sell 800k COMBINED? Girl what's the math 

Would love to see your source to back that up true1 Adele flopped in streaming. 

In regards to outselling 2021 albums - from Billboard:

Further, 30’s sales of 692,000 immediately make the set the biggest-selling album of the entire year, surpassing the total sales of any album over the past 11 months combined. 

Source: https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/adele-30-billboard-200-albums-chart-debut-1235003213/

In regards to the streaming albums you've already bought - my source is logic. Why would I stream an album in my car when I have the CD right there? 

who cares about vinyl sales though, it's 2021.

People buying vinyl in 2021 is so dumb. It's a dumb fad.

But since ya'll don't care about that... https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jan/28/vinyl-record-revival-environmental-impact-music-industry-streaming

It's so stupid. It's a huge waste. Like sure, let's construct this huge plastic thing for something that can be consumed digitally.

1 minute ago, rosemulet said:

People buying vinyl in 2021 is so dumb.

Why? Vinyl sales are the most consumed form of physical music nowadays and is a great way to support your favorite artist (or any artist - small or big) and collect album related artwork and photography 

13 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

One of the better songs but it's still pretty generic. 

For a while she was literally doing what P!nk does and re-released the same song over and over with That's Thats The Way It Is / I'm Alive / A New Day Has Come (Radio version) etc

She's been doing that since the beginning of her Anglophone career, though. Bar Unison and very few gems from the eponymous album, her songs have always sounded similar to one another. It's just that in the 90s those same-y songs were in the form of ballads, while in the 2000s they were her mid/uptempo songs since ballads weren't the main fashion anymore in that decade. The A New Day Has Come album in particular has a lot of good songs and a far better album than, say, Let's Talk About Bore and Falling Into Drama.

17 hours ago, rosemulet said:

People buying vinyl in 2021 is so dumb. It's a dumb fad.

But since ya'll don't care about that... https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jan/28/vinyl-record-revival-environmental-impact-music-industry-streaming

It's so stupid. It's a huge waste. Like sure, let's construct this huge plastic thing for something that can be consumed digitally.

Great - I expect you'll be supporting this and saving the planet by not buying vinyl along with riding your bike everywhere instead of your car, eating only locally sourced food from your backyard, living in a bus to conserve water, and living a waste free life on your commune

2 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Great - I expect you'll be supporting this and saving the planet by not buying vinyl along with riding your bike everywhere instead of your car, eating only locally sourced food from your backyard, living in a bus to conserve water, and living a waste free life on your commune

☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

On 11/30/2021 at 9:03 AM, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Funnily enough I actually live in a college dorm and I walk everywhere. I don't have a car.

I don't even try to be enviromentally friendly though lol. But even for someone like ME, it's just so silly and dumb.

Same with NFT. No excuse for those LOL.

Shifting close to 2m units in the US will be a magnificent achievement in 2021, but the absolute chokehold Adele had on white women in 2015 for 25 to literally almost double her total 30 sales IN IT'S FIRST WEEK is not lost on me either. 

10 hours ago, harry said:

Shifting close to 2m units in the US will be a magnificent achievement in 2021, but the absolute chokehold Adele had on white women in 2015 for 25 to literally almost double her total 30 sales IN IT'S FIRST WEEK is not lost on me either. 

25 wasn’t available on streaming.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.