Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Darth Sidious

BBH100: AIWFCIY returns to #1, Brenda Lee #2

18 Divalicious Mariah GIFs That Perfectly Sum Up Mariah's World - E! Online

It's official, All I Want For Christmas is You is back at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the third consecutive year. 

Ms. Carey will lead the Christmas week chart for the third year in a row.

The song logs its 6th overall week at #1, and earns Ms. Carey an 85th week at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 over the span of her storied career. 

On top of snapping up a diamond certification from the RIAA, its successful trek to the top of the charts this year has earned Mariah a few more distinctions: 

• It becomes the first song in the chart’s history to have led in three distinct runs on the ranking.
  • Carey’s “Christmas” now boasts the longest span from a song’s first week at No. 1 on the Hot 100 to its latest: two years and four days (Dec. 21, 2019-Dec. 25, 2021).
  • With its sixth week atop the Hot 100, Carey’s “Christmas” extends its record for the most time at No. 1 among holiday songs. The only other seasonal single to jingle to the apex, “The Chipmunk Song,” by David Seville & the Chipmunks, spent four weeks on top beginning in December 1958.
  • “Christmas” is Carey’s record fifth Hot 100 No. 1 to rule for six weeks or more. She one-ups Boyz II Men, Drake and Usher, each with four such leaders.
  • “Christmas” leads the Hot 100 dated Dec. 25, 2021, but Carey is the only artist to top the chart on multiple rankings dated Dec. 25: her “Hero” began a four-week stay at No. 1 on the Dec. 25, 1993, Hot 100. (This week’s chart is the 10th dated Dec. 25 in the list’s history.)

Source

11 minutes ago, V For Vendetta said:

I-

Wait it's #1 THIS week???!!!!

OMG congrats oprah15 

I was confused by that for a second too, but no, it's next weeks chart, the one that starts on Christmas Day. 

Likely the one after that too, which will extend into 2022. 

2 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

I was confused by that for a second too, but no, it's next weeks chart, the one that starts on Christmas Day. 

Likely the one after that too, which will extend into 2022. 

I was gonna say I think she's getting 2 weeks at no.1 this season. dancey1

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.