Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Darth Sidious

All I Want For Christmas is You holds #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for 3rd consecutive week.

Mariah Carey's Holiday GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Even with the latest data tracking week encompassing five days after Christmas (Dec. 24-30), Mariah Carey‘s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” holds at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart.

The song, released in 1994, logs its eighth total week atop the Hot 100, after notching three weeks at No. 1 beginning in December 2019, two more starting in December 2020 and now three this holiday season, beginning two weeks ago.

Longest span atop the Hot 100: Carey’s “Christmas” extends its mark for the longest span from a song’s first week at No. 1 on the Hot 100 to its latest: two years and 18 days (Dec. 21, 2019-Jan. 8, 2022).

Plus, the latest week atop the Hot 100 for “Christmas” extends Carey’s record for the longest span of an artist ranking at No. 1 on the chart: 31 years, five months and a week, dating to her first week at No. 1 on the chart dated Aug. 4, 1990, with her debut single “Vision of Love.”

Carey’s record 87th week atop Hot 100: With “Christmas,” Carey claims her record-extending 87th week at No. 1 on the Hot 100, dating to the chart’s Aug. 4, 1958, inception.

Fifth for eight: Carey claims her fifth Hot 100 No. 1 to rule for eight weeks or more, tying her with Drake for the most such leaders. She matches the mark thanks to “One Sweet Day,” with Boyz II Men (16 weeks, 1995-96); “We Belong Together” (14, 2005); “Christmas” (eight, 2019-22); “Fantasy” (eight, 1995); and “Dreamlover” (eight, 1993).

Beyoncé and Boyz II Men follow with three such No. 1s each.

Things to look forward to: Assuming next year goes the same way the past three have, Mariah will be poised to log her 3rd Billboard Hot 100 #1 hit to spend 10 weeks at the top spot. All I Want For Christmas is You's parent album, Merry Christmas, is rapidly approaching the 10 million mark in the United States, which will put it into contention for a rare diamond certification from the RIAA. It will become Carey's 4th diamond certification if granted. 

Source

1 hour ago, V For Vendetta said:

oprah15 

OMG imagine if it stays at #1 for multiple weeks and breaks "Old Town Road" 's record ny6 

It’s just got to chart at #1 a minimum of 2 weeks every year for the next 5 or 6 years to tie it or outright break it. 

Joking aside, I’d bet money this is what’s going to happen. 

12 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

All I Want For Christmas is You's parent album, Merry Christmas, is rapidly approaching the 10 million mark in the United States, which will put it into contention for a rare diamond certification from the RIAA. It will become Carey's 4th diamond certification if granted. 

Source

Hold tf up. 4th? Including the diamond certificate of All I Want for Christmas Is You or is it for her albums only? If it's the latter, does it mean that the debut album is diamond certified now?

20 minutes ago, Butterfly said:

Hold tf up. 4th? Including the diamond certificate of All I Want for Christmas Is You or is it for her albums only? If it's the latter, does it mean that the debut album is diamond certified now?

That’s including AIWFCIY.

But self-titled is likely OVER 10 million considering it sits at 9x platinum from its last audit 22 years ago. Which would make the count 5. 

Merry Christmas sits between 8-9 million. 

5 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

That’s including AIWFCIY.

But self-titled is likely OVER 10 million considering it sits at 9x platinum from its last audit 22 years ago. Which would make the count 5. 

Merry Christmas sits between 8-9 million. 

I wonder why does Mariah not update the certification for debut... it's due for an update, really.

5 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Including the single

Crazy to think that her Christmas song has become her biggest song ever.

1 hour ago, Butterfly said:

I wonder why does Mariah not update the certification for debut... it's due for an update, really.

Crazy to think that her Christmas song has become her biggest song ever.

For me it's kind of annoying because her legacy is basically destroyed to the younger gens because of this song. And she makes it worse by only promoting her Xmas music and not her other releases. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.