Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

V For Vendetta

George Floyd's 4-Year-Old Niece Shot At Home On New Year's Day

A friend of the family's told KHOU that the girl had a punctured lung, punctured liver and three broken ribs, and that she walked for the first time since the shooting on Tuesday. 

OMG poor baby! I'm glad to hear that she's stable though.

I cannot fucking believe how disgusting and vile the people who do this must be. I hope they find out who did it and let him sit in jail for a LONG LONG time.

5 hours ago, V For Vendetta said:

Omg WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! Her father already lost his brother, I can't imagine him losing his daughter! I am SO so happy to hear she's doing much better! Whichever bitch that was as vile and evil enough to shoot a 4 year old deserves a lifetime sentence meg1

What the fuck. 4 years old? How fucking deranged does a country have to be to continuously let shootings like this just happen before they actually take action. 

Fuck your second amendment, constitutions are not fixed, they're amendable... When are they going to wake up to reality... 

I'm not America, but the sheer ignorance of some of the people and the establishment infuriates me. 

22 hours ago, Kim Woodburn said:

What the fuck. 4 years old? How fucking deranged does a country have to be to continuously let shootings like this just happen before they actually take action. 

Fuck your second amendment, constitutions are not fixed, they're amendable... When are they going to wake up to reality... 

I'm not America, but the sheer ignorance of some of the people and the establishment infuriates me. 

I gave up on America doing the right thing on gun control once nothing changed after Sandy Hook. First graders getting shot to death and no legislation made in response. Maybe once these dinosaurs in office die out we'll see some change since Gen Z is traumatized by all these school shootings and practicing safety drills around them. Only thing giving me hope. 

1 hour ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

I gave up on America doing the right thing on gun control once nothing changed after Sandy Hook. First graders getting shot to death and no legislation made in response. Maybe once these dinosaurs in office die out we'll see some change since Gen Z is traumatized by all these school shootings and practicing safety drills around them. Only thing giving me hope. 

In 1996 there was the Dunblane Massacre in the UK, after it there was significant gun reforms (some of the strictest in the world) banning all privately owned handguns and there hasn't been another school shooting since, in fact Britain has only had five mass shootings in it's entire history and even the vast majority of police do not carry guns, only specially trained firearms officers. If an example like that doesn't speak volumes then i really don't know what will or can. I think the other problem is just the social norms of the US as a whole. Gun ownership is not seen as a right in the UK and never really was, whereas in the US gun ownership is viewed by many as a human right, i've seen it mentioned before that the US treats the right to bear arms in the same way the UK treats Free Healthcare. It is still possible to obtain certain firearms in the UK but they're fairly limited (no hand guns) and the system for obtaining a permit is very rigorous, for a start you have to be able to prove that you have a requirement to own the gun and you also have to have secure locked storage for the gun where it is kept in at all times when not in use, additionally if you have any criminal record you're automatically blacklisted. 

Anyway i hope change will happen sooner rather than later, it really sickens me how so many innocent young lives can be lost because of the same issue and yet the establishment does next to nothing about it. 

58 minutes ago, Kim Woodburn said:

In 1996 there was the Dunblane Massacre in the UK, after it there was significant gun reforms (some of the strictest in the world) banning all privately owned handguns and there hasn't been another school shooting since, in fact Britain has only had five mass shootings in it's entire history and even the vast majority of police do not carry guns, only specially trained firearms officers. If an example like that doesn't speak volumes then i really don't know what will or can. I think the other problem is just the social norms of the US as a whole. Gun ownership is not seen as a right in the UK and never really was, whereas in the US gun ownership is viewed by many as a human right, i've seen it mentioned before that the US treats the right to bear arms in the same way the UK treats Free Healthcare. It is still possible to obtain certain firearms in the UK but they're fairly limited (no hand guns) and the system for obtaining a permit is very rigorous, for a start you have to be able to prove that you have a requirement to own the gun and you also have to have secure locked storage for the gun where it is kept in at all times when not in use, additionally if you have any criminal record you're automatically blacklisted. 

Anyway i hope change will happen sooner rather than later, it really sickens me how so many innocent young lives can be lost because of the same issue and yet the establishment does next to nothing about it. 

It's largely because of an uneducated population who thinks with fear and anxiety rather than logic and reasoning. They cite the constitution and freedoms but fail to understand historical context. The right to bear arms yes is the second amendment but that was made back when we had muskets, not assault rifles. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.