Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Princess Aurora

Did Lady Gaga just pull a Jessie J? rip2

9 minutes ago, Miss Icon said:

Sorry to be the one to inform you, but that is not correct. The LGBTQ+ community exists on a very broad spectrum, and it is up to each individual person to determine if they feel they represent the community or not, based on their specific circumstances. I'm gay, do I represent every person within the LGBTQ+ community, which includes a wide range of different sexualities and gender identities? Absolutely not. Particularly as a gay male person with privilege that is not afforded to other members of the community outside of the western world and to LGBTQ+ people of colour, I do not represent their experiences and lived reality, despite us co-existing within the LGBTQ+ community. Besides any of this, Lady Gaga doesn't owe you an explanation on how she identifies, and why she feels she doesn't represent the community, nor does anybody else.

I appreciate that this is a lot for some people to wrap their heads around, so it is understandable to be confused until you understand the nuances of being a member of a community where you are both a minority and benefit from privilege simultaneously. I'm sure you are well intentioned.

There really isn't any need to be rude, and my comprehension of the English language is perfect, thank you. However, I did notice that you created an alternative narrative where Lady Gaga came out as gay, and backtracked on being bisexual, neither of which happened. Therefore, I suspect that it is you struggling with the facts that have been presented. Thank you

Oblivious and delusional. You writing an essay, trying to make up excuses still doesn’t explain why she now claims she‘s not part of the LGBTQ after marketing herself as bi.

She is a fraud. Wake up Gaga fans!

3 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Oblivious and delusional. You writing an essay, trying to make up excuses still doesn’t explain why she now claims she‘s not part of the LGBTQ after marketing herself as bi.

Umm where exactly is the logic in this statement? She never said she wasn't a part of the LGBTQ+ community, she only said that she doesn't speak for them and they don't speak for her. That does not mean that she is not a part of the community, and it does not mean that she won't support and advocate for the community. She never marketed herself as bi if she's been out since the start of her career, so I don't understand why you are trying to twist the facts and say she's a fraud dead2

Just now, Madonna said:

When you lose a debate so you resort to insults and petty stan fighting brit9

oprah14

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

If you „do not represent the LGBTQ+“ that means you are not actually part of it. I don’t know whether you have simply trouble understanding the English language, or just plain oblivious to the facts presented to you. dead2 

Umm excuse me? You do not need to represent to LGBTQ+ community (or any community to be exact) to still be a part of it. That is very nonsensical brit10

I am always laughing so hard at these discussions over Gaga rip4 who literally gives a flying fuck what a person you don’t even know or has seen in real live thinks about the artist that you love? I’m always cackling at these discussions, little monsters making a fool of themselves rip2 and yes I am a little monster myself

1 minute ago, Kylie said:

I am always laughing so hard at these discussions over Gaga rip4 who literally gives a flying fuck what a person you don’t even know or has seen in real live thinks about the artist that you love? I’m always cackling at these discussions, little monsters making a fool of themselves rip2 and yes I am a little monster myself

True, it is funny to see rip4

Tbh, Madonna was the one who made themselves look like fool awk1

21 minutes ago, Kaeya said:

True, it is funny to see rip4

Tbh, Madonna was the one who made themselves look like fool awk1

Just as the people replying to them - you are all way too sensitive when speaking to them

I'm only a casual Gaga fan nowadays but I've noticed that she's been sorta distancing herself from the bisexual label in recent years. Honestly, it sounds like insecurity to me. Maybe she doesn't feel she's "bi enough" since she's only had romantic reltionships with men? If this is the case that's very sad. Being attracted to the opposite sex is part of bisexuality. Also, you can have a preference for men and still be bi, hell she could even be a heteroromantic bisexual.

Anyway, I just think it's sad that bisexual people who end up in opposite sex relationships are often not considered a legitimate part of LGBTQ+ community and are demoted to just "allies". It shouldn't be about who suffers how much. Each sexuality faces its own challenges and bi people being looked down upon or considered "not gay enough" is actually one form of biphobia.

3 hours ago, Kirjava said:

I'm only a casual Gaga fan nowadays but I've noticed that she's been sorta distancing herself from the bisexual label in recent years. Honestly, it sounds like insecurity to me. Maybe she doesn't feel she's "bi enough" since she's only had romantic reltionships with men? If this is the case that's very sad. Being attracted to the opposite sex is part of bisexuality. Also, you can have a preference for men and still be bi, hell she could even be a heteroromantic bisexual.

Anyway, I just think it's sad that bisexual people who end up in opposite sex relationships are often not considered a legitimate part of LGBTQ+ community and are demoted to just "allies". It shouldn't be about who suffers how much. Each sexuality faces its own challenges and bi people being looked down upon or considred "not gay enough" is actually one form of biphobia.

This. I noticed a few other Celebrities did the same so it was kinda disappointing to see Gaga in the same position. There's still some stigma around Bisexuality true1 

12 hours ago, Madonna said:

Oh she definitely was and now backtracking…

While I do agree that sexuality is a spectrum: Gaga and Jessie definitely took advantage of trying to pass as bi to gain more fans. That’s the nasty part about it. 

Let's not forget that Nicki Minaj did the same and she bragged about it shock1 I don't like when certain Celebs act like this. No hate towards Gaga or Jessie of course. I just find it contradictory ellie1 

4 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

This. I noticed a few other Celebrities did the same so it was kinda disappointing to see Gaga in the same position. There's still around some stigma about Bisexuality true1 

Yeah, it's honestly weird that bi issues specifically are so rarely talked about considering that bisexuals make up the largest group within the LGBT community. true1

Just now, imahunter said:

She strictly only dates white straight man. She only said she was bi for attention. This woman is a fraud.

And how do you know? She's always been out as bi ever since the start of her career, anytime people said that she was only saying she was bi for attention, she snapped back at them. And once again pulling the fraud card when it has absolutely no relevency to this discussion at all jj4

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.