Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Did Chromatica ever really had the potential to be successful?

dawnofchromatica.jpg

Despite a pretty promising start, Chromatica came and went. 
Fans point to the pandemic as the reason, as it caused Gaga & her team to cancel a lot of their promotional plans. 
But did Chromatica ever actually had the potential to be a successful era? Had there not been a pandemic, do you think it'd have been much bigger? Or would it just have been more or less the same?

Nope.

It was too niche/gay to ever have any substantial impact. The album itself was made to be played at Pride and since Pride got cancelled, it tanked. It speaks volumes that the only song that made any noise was the Ariana collar which sort of sounded like a mix between Zara Larsson's Symphony and No Tears Left to Cry.

The album wasn't particularly radio-friendly and more club-oriented. This type of music also isn't particularly big in the US. It may have been more successful across Europe but even here it just wasn't embraced much. 911, for example had the TikTok meme and it did exactly NOTHING on the charts and tanked.

The album didn't have the catchy pop melodies that Gaga was once known for.

4 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

I'm confused... Chromatica WAS successful. It debuted at #1, had a #1 single, won a grammy, got good reviews... 

This thread is probably just to fill up quota for the forum...like any other recent threads have been.

If she hadn't been so lazy, it would've been more successful.

23 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

I'm confused... Chromatica WAS successful. It debuted at #1, had a #1 single, won a grammy, got good reviews... 

All because of Ariana though.

If Stupid Love didn't leak and was released as scheduled , the rain on me , then sour candy , most likely followed by replay and another single she could of had a stellar year cry9 still a great album just wish we had more then one performance from it cry2 

22 minutes ago, Lukas said:

If Stupid Love didn't leak and was released as scheduled , the rain on me , then sour candy , most likely followed by replay and another single she could of had a stellar year cry9 still a great album just wish we had more then one performance from it cry2 

Sour Candy and Replay were both missed chances true1 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.