Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Did Chromatica ever really had the potential to be successful?

It undoubtedly would have been bigger due to the fact that there was an entire promo campaign that was cancelled due to Covid, including several TV performances and a surprise set at Coachella. Sour Candy probably would have also been a single

Still though, ROM was a smash and the era did what it had to do clap4 

7 minutes ago, Slayty Perry said:

So basically if everything about it was different

Well no, it still could've been a collection of songs with a few potentially released in single format. 

53 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

I'm confused... Chromatica WAS successful. It debuted at #1, had a #1 single, won a grammy, got good reviews... 

Yes but that doesn't fit the narrative of the haters who have their own reality happening in their heads jj2

4 minutes ago, Miss Icon said:

It undoubtedly would have been bigger due to the fact that there was an entire promo campaign that was cancelled due to Covid, including several TV performances and a surprise set at Coachella. Sour Candy probably would have also been a single

This argument doesn't really work though as all artists were under the same restrictions and managed to pull through. Gaga is just lazy and doesn't care. 

2 minutes ago, Kim Woodburn said:

This argument doesn't really work though as all artists were under the same restrictions and managed to pull through. Gaga is just lazy and doesn't care. 

Okay...? I didn't say that she couldn't have found other ways to promote the album, but the fact is that a large amount of the promo campaign was cancelled due to Covid. That's not a debatable point. Calling her lazy is kinda ridiculous, I think Gaga just had enough to deal with at that time with a close family member of hers being in the ICU for months, and also didn't really want to be promoting an album during the immediate aftermath of George Floyd's death and the BLM protests. She rightfully recognised that there were bigger things happening in the world than promoting some pop music

2 hours ago, Madonna said:

Nope.

It was too niche/gay to ever have any substantial impact. The album itself was made to be played at Pride and since Pride got cancelled, it tanked. It speaks volumes that the only song that made any noise was the Ariana collar which sort of sounded like a mix between Zara Larsson's Symphony and No Tears Left to Cry.

The album wasn't particularly radio-friendly and more club-oriented. This type of music also isn't particularly big in the US. It may have been more successful across Europe but even here it just wasn't embraced much. 911, for example had the TikTok meme and it did exactly NOTHING on the charts and tanked.

The album didn't have the catchy pop melodies that Gaga was once known for.

This ...

Yeah the album had some gay bops that some old Gaga fans where looking for but tbh the album hasn't age well and tbh was the hype when it was released tbh 

Yes, Chromatica did have the potential to be successful, and it was. Like other users mentioned beforehand, it went to #1, had a #1 single and won a GRAMMY. The only problem is that Chromatica didn't have an era.

2 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

How did it win a Grammy because of Ariana when before ROM Ariana had 1 Grammy and Gaga had like 12? orangu1

I was gonna go with Ariana being more relevant. I guess that would be a stretch but I believe Ari was the main reason ROM went #1. I do think the whole era could've been far more successful. Stupid Love debut at #5 based on hype. Sour Candy was popular even outside of Gaga and Blackpink's fandom.

3 hours ago, Miss Icon said:

The absolute delusion continues! lmfao2 

Ariana, Dua and others managed to have successful eras and hits with 0 promo. Gaga is simply not popular with younger audiences and the straights.

6 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Ariana, Dua and others managed to have successful eras and hits with 0 promo. Gaga is simply not popular with younger audiences and the straights.

It sees to me like you're letting your hatred for Gaga get in the way of your rational thinking, eh? Don't you think you're making an absolute fool of yourself? Gaga is very much popular with younger audiences these days, unlike your fave. The straights embrace her just as much as the gays do. And Ari and Dua have had some sort of promo to promote their eras.

I think it could have been bigger than it was, but circumstances got in the way. The fact that the album was released right after George Floyd's murder certainly didn't help its fortunes. Sour Candy definitely should've been a single instead of 911, and there should have been a promo single released in between Stupid Love and ROM to keep interest in the album up before its release. 

43 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Ariana has nothing to do with Chromatica or Rain On Me success. You're deluded. 

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

I said it would have been more successful with more promo, which kind of goes without saying. I'm sorry that your bitter obsession with Gaga clouds your judgement and stops you from being able to think logically

22 minutes ago, Miss Icon said:

I said it would have been more successful with more promo, which kind of goes without saying. I'm sorry that your bitter obsession with Gaga clouds your judgement and stops you from being able to think logically

Spot on, my fellow LM true1

3 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Yes Ariana definitely played a part but let's not act like Gaga isn't capable on hitting #1 - she literally did the year before. 

Thanks to Bradley Cooper and a movie that had one of the most ruthless promo campaigns in recent history, yes.

3 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Thanks to Bradley Cooper and a movie that had one of the most ruthless promo campaigns in recent history, yes.

But even before Bradley Cooper Gaga has hit #1 so many times it's uncountable. Almost all of her albums topped the charts when they were released, so you can't deny that Gaga is very much capable of hitting #1 all by herself.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.