Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Did Chromatica ever really had the potential to be successful?

39 minutes ago, Kaeya said:

But even before Bradley Cooper Gaga has hit #1 so many times it's uncountable. Almost all of her albums topped the charts when they were released, so you can't deny that Gaga is very much capable of hitting #1 all by herself.

Except, not really.

4 times, and all of them were from 2011 and before. Shallow was released in 2018 and she has yet to prove that she can still get a solo #1 (she can't).

5 hours ago, Madonna said:

Except, not really.

4 times, and all of them were from 2011 and before. Shallow was released in 2018 and she has yet to prove that she can still get a solo #1 (she can't).

And…? ARTPOP, Cheek To Cheek, Joanne, and now Chromatica all hit #1. Gaga doesn’t need to prove anything to you or anyone else at all.

OT: The absolute delusion in this statement, is your bitter hatred for Gaga seriously clouding your judgment?

13 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

I'm confused... Chromatica WAS successful. It debuted at #1, had a #1 single, won a grammy, got good reviews... 

Same people that are saying Adele flopped orangu1

13 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

I'm confused... Chromatica WAS successful. It debuted at #1, had a #1 single, won a grammy, got good reviews... 

Same people that are saying Adele flopped orangu1

1 hour ago, Kaeya said:

I know and yet they claim that we are the ones who are delusional-

Lady Gaga Lol GIF by SAG Awards

Exactly. 

@Madonna is just deluded and all she is doing in this thread is trying to discredit Gaga. Saying 911 "was just nade for a Tiktok meme" or "Ariana is the reason Chromatica and Rain On Me were successful" etc. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Some of y'all are really comparing "more performances/promo" with "more success"

No amount of promo would've made Chromatica's sound more trendy, and while Stupid Love or Rain on Me might've had a little more chart longevity, and Sour Candy may have gotten released as a single... that's about it.

Once an album drops, it's pretty common for singles not to make much noise due to streaming. Add the fact that Gaga really catered to a certain demographic (particularly gays, LMs and club fans) with Chromatica and it really wouldn't have been much of a smash. It wasn't much more than a "Gaga is back to pop music" instead of a bonafide "Gaga's back and has something to prove" like other comebacks.

Even the biggest Chromatica fans I'm sure can agree the album wasn't adventurous or bold enough to be much of a statement like that.

Gays don’t want to admit it but it would have done exactly the same as it did with or without the pandemic. I would also like to invite the “SOUR CANDY WOULD HAVE BEEN A HIT” crowd to sit down as no, it wouldn’t have. It’s streams were decent but unremarkable and a video and single treatment wouldn’t have changed that. Blackpink does not have the chart pull that people like to pretend they do.

3 hours ago, Kaeya said:

I know and yet they claim that we are the ones who are delusional-

Lady Gaga Lol GIF by SAG Awards

2 hours ago, Mario Spears said:

Exactly. 

@Madonna is just deluded and all she is doing in this thread is trying to discredit Gaga. Saying 911 "was just nade for a Tiktok meme" or "Ariana is the reason Chromatica and Rain On Me were successful" etc. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Please god can both of you just cease 

16 hours ago, Miss Icon said:

Okay...? I didn't say that she couldn't have found other ways to promote the album, but the fact is that a large amount of the promo campaign was cancelled due to Covid. That's not a debatable point. Calling her lazy is kinda ridiculous, I think Gaga just had enough to deal with at that time with a close family member of hers being in the ICU for months, and also didn't really want to be promoting an album during the immediate aftermath of George Floyd's death and the BLM protests. She rightfully recognised that there were bigger things happening in the world than promoting some pop music

Why do her (stans) always victimize her? I thought it was only Gaga who had a serious victim complex but I see it extends to her fandom as well. 

6 hours ago, imahunter said:

Why do her (stans) always victimize her? I thought it was only Gaga who had a serious victim complex but I see it extends to her fandom as well. 

Umm who exactly is victimizing her? And also who said she was being victimized? Gaga has gone through a lot of serious and hurtful things in her career, so for you to discredit that is completely rude and disrespectful. 

8 hours ago, imahunter said:

I'm just stating facts though. The fact that bothers you isn't really my problem

17 hours ago, Miss Icon said:

I'm just stating facts though. The fact that bothers you isn't really my problem

Except, you literally aren’t. No one here is really stating FACTS, cause we are talking about something that didn’t happen.

3 hours ago, Madonna said:

Except, you literally aren’t. No one here is really stating FACTS, cause we are talking about something that didn’t happen.

And who says? You? You're basically saying that Chromatica wasn't successful because what? You really need to learn to grow up and be respectful of other people's fave you know.

OT: What @Miss Icon stated about Chromatica being more successful if it had more promo is true. Please don't feel the need to attack them because of your hatred for Gaga.

4 hours ago, Madonna said:

I am stating facts though?

Her family member was in the ICU, and George Floyd’s death and BLM protests happened, so she didn’t want to promote an album during that time. And it’s just common sense that if an album had more promo it would have done better

I’m sorry that your weird obsession for Lady Gaga prevents you from being able to think logically or accept any facts. Argue with the wall or grow up

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.