Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Did Chromatica ever really had the potential to be successful?

7 hours ago, Kaeya said:

And who says? You? You're basically saying that Chromatica wasn't successful because what? You really need to learn to grow up and be respectful of other people's fave you know.

OT: What @Miss Icon stated about Chromatica being more successful if it had more promo is true. Please don't feel the need to attack them because of your hatred for Gaga.

You seem to not be able to grasp that this section is not made for „respectful“ discussions. Aside from that, calling Gaga a fraud is FAR from the downright misogynistic stuff that used to be said in this section.

If you‘re this easily triggered by people questioning her motives and pointing out the inconsistencies in the stories she tells, then you should consider revoking your access to this section or just where you truly belong: On GagaDaily.

2 minutes ago, Madonna said:

You seem to not be able to grasp that this section is not made for „respectful“ discussions. Aside from that, calling Gaga a fraud is FAR from the downright misogynistic stuff that used to be said in this section.

If you‘re this easily triggered by people questioning her motives and pointing out the inconsistencies in the stories she tells, then you should consider revoking your access to this section or just where you truly belong: On GagaDaily.

Umm who exactly is saying that I am triggered? I am just simply responding to you in a polite, educated, and cultured manner. There may be some inconsistiencies in some of Gaga's stories, but she's not incapable of making mistakes every now and then. There really is no need for you to be rude and hostile towards me.

2 hours ago, Kaeya said:

Umm who exactly is saying that I am triggered? I am just simply responding to you in a polite, educated, and cultured manner. There may be some inconsistiencies in some of Gaga's stories, but she's not incapable of making mistakes every now and then. There really is no need for you to be rude and hostile towards me.

You really shouldn't take everything he says so personally, especially since most of the time it's about Gaga, not you.

25 minutes ago, Strobo said:

You really shouldn't take everything he says so personally, especially since most of the time it's about Gaga, not you.

I know, but a lot of times he goes out of his way to attack me. But I no longer react in an unwarranted way, I keep myself collected :)

The single choices and lack of promotion are what made it tank…

Stupid Love shouldn’t have been a single.

Free Woman, 1000 Doves, and Fun Tonight and MAYBE Sine from Above should’ve been singles with Rain On Me obviously still remaining a single. While most of these songs aren’t fan favorites, they’re the most radio friendly songs from Chromatica…

Some y’all delusional thinking songs from Chromatica II deserved single treatment… While it’s obviously the best part of Chromatica… None of those would've faired well on the radio for GP consumption. At all. 911’s music video gave the album or track no traction and impact whatsoever. 

On 1/15/2022 at 7:58 AM, Strobo said:

Some of y'all are really comparing "more performances/promo" with "more success"

No amount of promo would've made Chromatica's sound more trendy, and while Stupid Love or Rain on Me might've had a little more chart longevity, and Sour Candy may have gotten released as a single... that's about it.

Once an album drops, it's pretty common for singles not to make much noise due to streaming. Add the fact that Gaga really catered to a certain demographic (particularly gays, LMs and club fans) with Chromatica and it really wouldn't have been much of a smash. It wasn't much more than a "Gaga is back to pop music" instead of a bonafide "Gaga's back and has something to prove" like other comebacks.

Even the biggest Chromatica fans I'm sure can agree the album wasn't adventurous or bold enough to be much of a statement like that.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:07 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

Gays don’t want to admit it but it would have done exactly the same as it did with or without the pandemic. I would also like to invite the “SOUR CANDY WOULD HAVE BEEN A HIT” crowd to sit down as no, it wouldn’t have. It’s streams were decent but unremarkable and a video and single treatment wouldn’t have changed that. Blackpink does not have the chart pull that people like to pretend they do.

I love smart people who can think for themselves and have common sense which ironically isn’t quite common 

32 minutes ago, Urbi said:

I love smart people who can think for themselves and have common sense which ironically isn’t quite common 

Are you saying I'm not smart and I can't think for myself an I don't have common sense? You made me sad laughcry1

14 minutes ago, Kaeya said:

Are you saying I'm not smart and I can't think for myself an I don't have common sense? You made me sad laughcry1

16 hours ago, Strobo said:

Just now, Kaeya said:

Sis I was just playing around- well now the fun is ruined laughcry1

Urbi has never mentioned you, so what made you think they were talking about you? Sis, I am going to repeat this once again: I highly suggest you get your battlegrounds and NHB access removed, since it's clearly not good for your mental state. 

2 minutes ago, Kaeya said:

Sis I was just playing around- well now the fun is ruined laughcry1

Urbi has never mentioned you, so what made you think they were talking about you? Sis, I am going to repeat this once again: I highly suggest you get your battlegrounds and NHB access removed, since it's clearly not good for your mental state. 

Just now, Kylie said:

I know, but all I wanted to do was just play around, I wasn't being serious at all. But ok.

6 hours ago, trashbanjo said:

The single choices and lack of promotion are what made it tank…

Stupid Love shouldn’t have been a single.

Free Woman, 1000 Doves, and Fun Tonight and MAYBE Sine from Above should’ve been singles with Rain On Me obviously still remaining a single. While most of these songs aren’t fan favorites, they’re the most radio friendly songs from Chromatica…

Some y’all delusional thinking songs from Chromatica II deserved single treatment… While it’s obviously the best part of Chromatica… None of those would've faired well on the radio for GP consumption. At all. 911’s music video gave the album or track no traction and impact whatsoever. 

Free Woman? 100 Doves? Fun Tonight? If those were the singles the era wouldn't have had a single top 40 hit. dead2

Rain On Me, Sine From Above & Sour Candy should've been the main singles. 911 also could've been a moderate hit had they capitalised on the TikTok hype, but Gaga's team seem to mostly be balding gay boomers who think Facebook is still hip - something else she has in common with Madonna.

It probably doesn't help that the album was/is dated. If you listen to Chromatica and Future Nostalgia back to back for example you wouldn't think they were released around the same time. The production on FN just puts it lightyears ahead, such intricacy, cohesiveness and warmth was lacking on Chromatica, it's more like a compilation album of ArtPop era rejects with a random Ariana song rather than a full studio album of brand new content. Put simply, Gaga's heart wasn't in the project and it shows. 

3 hours ago, Kim Woodburn said:

Free Woman? 100 Doves? Fun Tonight? If those were the singles the era wouldn't have had a single top 40 hit. dead2

Rain On Me, Sine From Above & Sour Candy should've been the main singles. 911 also could've been a moderate hit had they capitalised on the TikTok hype, but Gaga's team seem to mostly be balding gay boomers who think Facebook is still hip - something else she has in common with Madonna.

It probably doesn't help that the album was/is dated. If you listen to Chromatica and Future Nostalgia back to back for example you wouldn't think they were released around the same time. The production on FN just puts it lightyears ahead, such intricacy, cohesiveness and warmth was lacking on Chromatica, it's more like a compilation album of ArtPop era rejects with a random Ariana song rather than a full studio album of brand new content. Put simply, Gaga's heart wasn't in the project and it shows. 

SOUR CANDY HELLLZZZZ YESSSSSSS!!!! 🔥🔥😍😍😍😍😍

Free Woman, Alice, Enigma and Replay deserved too. 

Ummmmmmmm Sine From Above 

Also as for the comparison to Future Nostalgia.....both are equally awesome and Chromatica was as amazing as FN. 

7 hours ago, Kim Woodburn said:

Sour Candy wouldn’t have made any impact on the radio, stop with the delusions nor would it have helped with the albums impact at all. brit5 The Lyric video alone tells us that… Which also gained NO traction after it was released. 

Free Woman, 1000 Doves, and Fun Tonight are widely more radio-friendly than anything from Chromatica II. Your inability to determine that on your own speaks volumes.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:06 AM, trashbanjo said:

Free Woman, 1000 Doves, and Fun Tonight are widely more radio-friendly than anything from Chromatica II. Your inability to determine that on your own speaks volumes.

And no one gave an ounce of a shit about these. dead2 Gaga kinda tried to make Free Woman happen and it did exactly nothing. 911 went sorta viral and TANKED even with promo, as did Sour Candy. Imagine if she pushed for one of those songs that were even less well-received. lol3 Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves were among the lowest ranking tracks for most people.

8 hours ago, Madonna said:

And no one gave an ounce of a shit about these. dead2 Gaga kinda tried to make Free Woman happen and it did exactly nothing. 911 went sorta viral and TANKED even with promo, as did Sour Candy. Imagine if she pushed for one of those songs that were even less well-received. lol3 Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves were among the lowest ranking tracks for most people.

Delusional Twitter stans =/= GP

but I suppose you can’t tell the difference since you’re part of the delusional Twitterverse.

we’re talking about Chromatica having success, not what songs should’ve been singles based off of what Twitter says, let me guess, you’re the kind to think what people on Twitter think = what the whole world thinks and likes? It’s pretty obvious, IMO 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.