Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

phugphag

if you fav has had a song spend less than 16 weeks at #1 on the hot 100

It doesn't matter how long she spent at #1, as her sales were average.

Only 2x Platinum? That's really average for a single. Shania did it with a #7 peaking single around the same time :)

I'm all for records, but unless it's like Ke$ha, 9 weeks at #1 solo and the biggest selling single from a female artist in the digital era (even though 50% of K$'s sales in 2009 were physical) then it's just as average as Xtina getting a #1 with the lowest sales for a #1 +shrug+

I'm not hating on Mariah, there is nothing to hate. It's just unless you earn the sales from a #1 single, it's not really an achievement. But at least she shares a record with someone :)

Only 2x Platinum? That's really average for a single. Shania did it with a #7 peaking single around the same time :)

I'm all for records, but unless it's like Ke$ha, 9 weeks at #1 solo and the biggest selling single from a female artist in the digital era (even though 50% of K$'s sales in 2009 were physical) then it's just as average as Xtina getting a #1 with the lowest sales for a #1 +shrug+

I'm not hating on Mariah, there is nothing to hate. It's just unless you earn the sales from a #1 single, it's not really an achievement. But at least she shares a record with someone :)

'not really an achievement'? ok, you can argue Celines 2 week no1 with My Heart Will Go On is arguably a bigger hit... but Ke$ha... +laughcry+ gtfo lol

'not really an achievement'? ok, you can argue Celines 2 week no1 with My Heart Will Go On is arguably a bigger hit... but Ke$ha... +laughcry+ gtfo lol

Tik Tok has sold 13+ million copies WW and 6 million in the US alone. She is only solo artist to do so. Only BEP's "I Gotta Feeling" is ahead of her.

Tik Tok has sold 13+ million copies WW and 6 million in the US alone. She is only solo artist to do so. Only BEP's "I Gotta Feeling" is ahead of her.

You really can't compare those songs to the ones which were not released in this time when digital sales are at their peak. 2x million is amazing for the song released in 2005, especially since it's WBT we're talking about, the song of the last decade and the most played song in US ever.

edit: I just saw it's 16 weeks,so Pipi must be refering to One Sweet Day +laughcry+

You really can't compare those songs to the ones which were not released in this time when digital sales are at their peak. 2x million is amazing for the song released in 2005, especially since it's WBT we're talking about, the song of the last decade and the most played song in US ever.

edit: I just saw it's 16 weeks,so Pipi must be refering to One Sweet Day +laughcry+

Haha :)

Yeah, I originally compared it too shania "still the one" which sold the same amount and peaked at #7 xD

Haha :)

Yeah, I originally compared it too shania "still the one" which sold the same amount and peaked at #7 xD

are you reffering to this one ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27re_Still_the_One

It peaked at number 2 so get your facts right.

2 times platinum is great for a song that was released before the digital era and had incredible airplay. That's why it was number one for 16.

Even if you don't wanna awknolage that , We belong together spent 14 weeks at number 1 and is the most played song in the US of all time.

TBH I couldn't care less for Ke$ha and I feel bad for Mariah for you puting Ke$ha in the same line +laughcry+ . "Tik Tok" I fucking cant icant

EDIT : The worst part of it all is that you compared it with that Shania song and I thought it was an avarage hit by her and when I checked it's the 66 most succesful song of all time on the Billboard hot 100 and Shania's biggest hit. icant

Guest Devoción

I see your point, but you absolutely CANNOT compare two songs that were released in two completely different years: 1996 and 2009.

Plus you're basing your arguments all around this digital sales thing when in 1996 there was pretty much NO online digital sales following. Even Chrstina had her number ones a few years after the song one sweet day was released.

So that is definitely an unfair comparison.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.