Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

phugphag

if you fav has had a song spend less than 16 weeks at #1 on the hot 100

I read. Just not very memorable ones. um2

Best selling solo single, best charting single during the digital era, and most sales of a single in one week? gur i cant deal with you. you just lost any position in this thread with that.

Let's see. You said TiK ToK was more of an event than One Sweet Day for selling 13 million than spending 16 weeks at #1. That is called a comparison. xtina10 But even then you compared One Sweet Day to a song released three years later. rachel4. You're Still the One spent 9 weeks at #2 and spent nearly a year on the chart, so it's not like it was a random Top 10 hit like you were implying. And One Sweet Day still sold more. um2 I didn't bring up TiK ToK and Ke$ha, you did. First page. Just asking to be dragged +laughcry+

But I see you're already clinging to Ke$hit's fading relevancy ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.

Poor thing's mind can't even comprehend sequences yet.

You jst proved my point even more. ny2 who's side are you on?

Yes. Shania was #2 and did have a major hit and did better then Mariah without having the 16 weeks at #1 which imply's that whether you like it or not, Mariah didn't achieve anything new with her #16 chart run. It doesn't matter about when it was, it was the same era and Mariah wasn't the first artist to get 2x Platinum.

Ke$ha was brought in as an example, not a comparison. Someone is pressed if they choose to twist the font I write.

I said that Ke$ha broke MULTIPLE records with her song on the chart wheras Mariah didn't. I siad that IMO, so it was even an argument but IMO that Tik Tok was more eventful because it broke multiple records and more happened with Tik Tok then with this song.

So in all honesty my "opinion" is getting people pressed, as it wasn't even an argument to begin with. Oops.

If you're going to make generalizations and incorrect statements about me you better be fucking prepared to back that shit up. "Comparing songs from different eras when it's to your advantage" is the closet thing you've given me to an answer for either of my two questions. An 'answer' however, that is based on (once again) generalization. I have not said anything of the sort. And no, I'm still asking the same thing:

SHOW ME WHERE I HAVE SAID IT! Don't generalize about me. If you said I said something, fucking show me. <----- How is this that difficult to comprehend? The only reason you haven't answered it is because I didn't say it.

I've answered this so many times. You attacked me and were bragging about Ke$ha's lackluster album sales. I mean if Animal wasn't such a flop then you wouldn't be aruguing about menial amounts like 100k or 200k. You backed up saying it was good for 2010 or whatever. So basically you brought the receipts that shaded your fave while the other stan brough the receipts for TiK ToK and proving Ke$ha's a singles artist. That's why I didn't say you specifically, I said Kesha's stans because it was a puzzle where all the pieces fit together. It's funny that you're saying Animal's sales were good for the market being down in 2010, but your fellow stan was bragging about TiK ToK being such a digital seller during the market's peak. Talk about sending mixed messages and having double standards/critiera. That's why I never singled you out, which you wanted to believe for some reason. I just thought it was funny the fellow stans were shading each other.

Best selling solo single, best charting single during the digital era, and most sales of a single in one week? gur i cant deal with you. you just lost any position in this thread with that.

You jst proved my point even more. ny2 who's side are you on?

Yes. Shania was #2 and did have a major hit and did better then Mariah without having the 16 weeks at #1 which imply's that whether you like it or not, Mariah didn't achieve anything new with her #16 chart run. It doesn't matter about when it was, it was the same era and Mariah wasn't the first artist to get 2x Platinum.

Ke$ha was brought in as an example, not a comparison. Someone is pressed if they choose to twist the font I write.

I said that Ke$ha broke MULTIPLE records with her song on the chart wheras Mariah didn't. I siad that IMO, so it was even an argument but IMO that Tik Tok was more eventful because it broke multiple records and more happened with Tik Tok then with this song.

So in all honesty my "opinion" is getting people pressed, as it wasn't even an argument to begin with. Oops.

Hold It Against Me and Born This Way both broke records, so using your logic they were more deserving. It just shows how useless the highest single week digital sales is. My Heart Will Go On still sold more than TiK ToK even though it was released as a physical single, so in actuality TiK Tok's records mean nothing. The truth of the matter is, you come across as pressed and jealous because Mariah has the record.

I've answered this so many times. You attacked me and were bragging about Ke$ha's lackluster album sales. I mean if Animal wasn't such a flop then you wouldn't be aruguing about menial amounts like 100k or 200k. You backed up saying it was good for 2010 or whatever. So basically you brought the receipts that shaded your fave while the other stan brough the receipts for TiK ToK and proving Ke$ha's a singles artist. That's why I didn't say you specifically, I said Kesha's stans because it was a puzzle where all the pieces fit together. It's funny that you're saying Animal's sales were good for the market being down in 2010, but your fellow stan was bragging about TiK ToK being such a digital seller during the market's peak. Talk about sending mixed messages and having double standards/critiera. That's why I never singled you out, which you wanted to believe for some reason. I just thought it was funny the fellow stans were shading each other.

"You Ke$ha stans are so hypocritical." You directly replied to me, and only me. You then followed this by calling me "mentally challenged" aka. retarded (which has been removed for a violation of rule 3) which was completely unacceptable. I did not attack, I called your opinion "subjective"; I have not attacked, or insulted you. You made a generalization statement about K$ stans being hypocritical, I made one about monsters.

My main point, which has been the same all along, is don't generalize about me, or put words in my mouth. K, seriously I'm done with this now. <-- That's not meant to be rude.

Hold It Against Me and Born This Way both broke records, so using your logic they were more deserving. It just shows how useless the highest single week digital sales is. My Heart Will Go On still sold more than TiK ToK even though it was released as a physical single, so in actuality TiK Tok's records mean nothing. The truth of the matter is, you come across as pressed and jealous because Mariah has the record.

What record does my Mariah have though? "My song was #1 for 16 weeks and sold as much as a song that peaked at #2"

Congratz xtina1

My Heart Will Go On counts as a soundtrack single, not a normal single. I aint mad.

Born This Way & Hold It Against Me both broke records. But not Ke$ha's. I aint even mad considering I stan both of them (Gaga when she's actually stanable) but yeah,

Keep trying ny7

"You Ke$ha stans are so hypocritical." You directly replied to me, and only me. You then followed this by calling me "mentally challenged" aka. retarded (which has been removed for a violation of rule 3) which was completely unacceptable. I did not attack, I called your opinion "subjective"; I have not attacked, or insulted you. You made a generalization statement about K$ stans being hypocritical, I made one about monsters.

My main point, which has been the same all along, is don't generalize about me, or put words in my mouth. K, seriously I'm done with this now. <-- That's not meant to be rude.

Ugh. I swear it's pathetic when people have to call you retarted in order to feel like they are winning an argument. Sales and my opinion seem to have driven this guy to madness.

What record does my Mariah have though? "My song was #1 for 16 weeks and sold as much as a song that peaked at #2"

Congratz xtina1

My Heart Will Go On counts as a soundtrack single, not a normal single. I aint mad.

Born This Way & Hold It Against Me both broke records. But not Ke$ha's. I aint even mad considering I stan both of them (Gaga when she's actually stanable) but yeah,

Keep trying ny7

Except people remember the longest running #1 of all time/Song of the Decade, not You're Still The One. The Hot 100 is a combination of sales and airplay. And isn't the whole #1 vs #2 peak hypocritcal on your part because although Animal peaked at #1, albums that peaked lower have outsold it. It is what it is, just accept the fact and move on.

I am not even a monster. That is why I called you that in the first place. Have i made one post about Lady Gaga today? Nope, but you're feeling insecure by calling me a monster as an insult. Isn't calling me a monster the equivalent to putting words in my mouth since I don't stan for Lady Gaga. And you wonder why I started calling you hypocritical.

Except people remember the longest running #1 of all time/Song of the Decade, not You're Still The One. The Hot 100 is a combination of sales and airplay. And isn't the whole #1 vs #2 peak hypocritcal on your part because although Animal peaked at #1, albums that peaked lower have outsold it. It is what it is, just accept the fact and move on.

I have to move on? Gur your the one that keeps coming in here quoting me and Lakes. Actually, your the one that came here and revived the thread anyway. Your the one that needs to move on fall1

Who cares what's rememberable? thats not even the point of the conversation. omg fall1

Yes but Animal was a debut effort and was the highest selling debut of 2010. The fact that Ke$ha pulled close to what Rihanna sold with Loud, Katy sold with Teenage Dream and what Gaga has sold with BTW (I'm using the 5 million that have been released as actual figures not the 8 million gaga fans use becuase it was mentioned in an article or two) is astounding.

Keep trying, everyone is rooting for you ny7

I am not even a monster. That is why I called you that in the first place. Have i made one post about Lady Gaga today? Nope, but you're feeling insecure by calling me a monster as an insult. Isn't calling me a monster the equivalent to putting words in my mouth since I don't stan for Lady Gaga. And you wonder why I started calling you hypocritical.

If you don't stan for Lady Gaga, get rid of the fucking Lady gaga award and then you might JUST realise what everyone is on about. I take it you only put it in there so you can bandwagon stan or some shit. lame.

I have to move on? Gur your the one that keeps coming in here quoting me and Lakes. Actually, your the one that came here and revived the thread anyway. Your the one that needs to move on fall1

Who cares what's rememberable? thats not even the point of the conversation. omg fall1

Yes but Animal was a debut effort and was the highest selling debut of 2010. The fact that Ke$ha pulled close to what Rihanna sold with Loud, Katy sold with Teenage Dream and what Gaga has sold with BTW (I'm using the 5 million that have been released as actual figures not the 8 million gaga fans use becuase it was mentioned in an article or two) is astounding.

Keep trying, everyone is rooting for you ny7

So your inflated numbers are almost as good as the lowball for all the other girls. Next.

And I'm the one that needs to move? lol You came into this thread to troll, but Billboard didn't lie.

And at least you're making since. I don't even know what your fellow stan is talking about it. You might need to direct him on topic. It's kind of scaring me.

It was an assumption based on your award, my bad - completely different from putting words in your mouth. Insulting me without reason for simply informing you of her actual sales (which is all that I did) and insulting me for it was completely baseless. Seriously, just think before you type because I said nothing insulting to you, and I still haven't.

If you don't stan for Lady Gaga, get rid of the fucking Lady gaga award and then you might JUST realise what everyone is on about. I take it you only put it in there so you can bandwagon stan or some shit. lame.

Sorry I haven't really been on FOTP to remove it. lol But it's quite funny you said I'm a bandwagon fan, when hypocritcal you said this:

Congratz xtina1

Keep trying ny7

fall1 fall1 fall1 fall1 fall1

It was an assumption based on your award, my bad - completely different from putting words in your mouth. Insulting me without reason for simply informing you of her actual sales (which is all that I did) and insulting me for it was completely baseless. Seriously, just think before you type because I said nothing insulting to you, and I still haven't.

You called me a monster. Insult, insult, insult. I was merely stating the truth about not being one. (That was sarcasm)

But in reality you said I was delusional and blinded by hysteria, who was unable to see a different view or facts straight in front of me. So quit wining and playing the victim.

Guest ❤ уυηg яαρυηχєℓ ❤

People need to realize that Ke$ha is a non factor in the music industry... She had initial success as do most debut artists, but people are clearly tiring of her "LOL, I got drunk" approach to music... Cannibal's sales clearly reflect that. She had a big smash with TiK ToK, and sure, it shifted like 6 million copies, but how many of those were due to the free download on her website?

Comparing Ke$ha, to the likes of Mariah Carey, or Shania Twain, is like comparing Heidi Montag to Adele.

You called me a monster. Insult, insult, insult. I was merely stating the truth about not being one. (That was sarcasm)

But in reality you said I was delusional and blinded by hysteria, who was unable to see a different view or facts straight in front of me. So quit wining and playing the victim.

I'm not playing the victim. I'm telling you: a) don't fucking call me retarded when your grammar is atrocious; and b) don't say things about me that I didn't actually say (which anyone who reads this thread can see).

-Done- Reply if you want, the above is rhetorical; I'm done with this thread.

Sorry I haven't really been on FOTP to remove it. lol But it's quite funny you said I'm a bandwagon fan, when hypocritcal you said this:

fall1 fall1 fall1 fall1 fall1

Yeah so? I don't stan her for success I stan her for musical reasons. Keept trying.

You said you have arent a Monster yet you have a Lady Gaga badge. That's the kiiii, not me.

So your inflated numbers are almost as good as the lowball for all the other girls. Next.

And I'm the one that needs to move? lol You came into this thread to troll, but Billboard didn't lie.

And at least you're making since. I don't even know what your fellow stan is talking about it. You might need to direct him on topic. It's kind of scaring me.

Inflated Numbers? Animal has almost sold up to 4 million. If you don't believe me, check the ke$ha section. It was posted in there somewhere recently. Anyway 3.5 - 4 million is amazing considering established acts get around average 4 - 5 million.

I didn't come in this thread to troll. Even if I did the rules say "trolling is for the battlegrounds" so what's your point?

Billboard didn't lie thats right, thats why Tik Tok is the best selling debut, solo single and is also the was #1 on the year end charts in 2010 even though it was released in August 09 xD Keeeeeeeep trying

I ceebs replying now just becuase I posted an opinion and its got you all riled up. Fact is, Ke$ha broke more records with that song at #1 then Mariah did with her song at #1.

People need to realize that Ke$ha is a non factor in the music industry... She had initial success as do most debut artists' date=' but people are clearly tiring of her "[i']LOL, I got drunk" approach to music... Cannibal's sales clearly reflect that. She had a big smash with TiK ToK, and sure, it shifted like 6 million copies, but how many of those were due to the free download on her website?

Comparing Ke$ha, to the likes of Mariah Carey, or Shania Twain, is like comparing Heidi Montag to Adele.

6M is 6M legally sold. Only legal sales of a song count towards certification. Just fyi :P

Yeah so? I don't stan her for success I stan her for musical reasons. Keept trying.

You said you have arent a Monster yet you have a Lady Gaga badge. That's the kiiii, not me.

And I don't really care. It's just funny that it's used as insult when I've only stan for Gaga during the Spotlight, as I stated on the previous page. Reading really helps to understand things.

Inflated Numbers? Animal has almost sold up to 4 million. If you don't believe me, check the ke$ha section. It was posted in there somewhere recently. Anyway 3.5 - 4 million is amazing considering established acts get around average 4 - 5 million.

I didn't come in this thread to troll. Even if I did the rules say "trolling is for the battlegrounds" so what's your point?

Billboard didn't lie thats right, thats why Tik Tok is the best selling debut, solo single and is also the was #1 on the year end charts in 2010 even though it was released in August 09 xD Keeeeeeeep trying

I ceebs replying now just becuase I posted an opinion and its got you all riled up. Fact is, Ke$ha broke more records with that song at #1 then Mariah did with her song at #1.

So sad Ke$ha peaked on her first single and is already irrelevant.

And sis unlike you I don't have to cling to one single for the rest of my fave's career. We Belong Together was even more successful than One Sweet Day and broke more records than Ke$hit could dream of.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.