Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

“Neighbours” Will End Due To Funding Issues

The Australian Show that launched Kylie’s career may end, due to issues with the funding of future episodes, after UK’s Channel 5 removes it from their network. ari7

Update: March 2, 2022 - The show has been officially axed and will end in August.

I hadn't actually realised it was still going. I'm not surprised it has been axed in the UK though as there's far more established UK-based soap operas like Coronation Street and EastEnders which pull far larger audiences. Lets not forget Coronation Street in particular has been on air continuously since 1960!

2 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

I never saw that ari9

My mum used to watch it back in the 2000s, but literally the only part i remember is the theme. 

6 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

I see. It's not popular where I live so I never really watched it rip4 

I seem to remember it was often on here on a Sunday morning, so basically when nothing else interesting was on. Whereas most of the other Soaps take up primetime slots. 

11 minutes ago, Kim Woodburn said:

I seem to remember it was often on here on a Sunday morning, so basically when nothing else interesting was on. Whereas most of the other Soaps take up primetime slots. 

Oh okay. The only UK Soap Opera I know is Emmerdale laughcry1 there is the Italian version of this show as well rip4 

Just now, Princess Aurora said:

Oh okay. The only UK Soap Opera I know is Emmerdale laughcry1 there is the Italian version of this show as well rip4 

Emmerdale they just drive Land Rover Defenders around villages and blow up farms fall8. EastEnders and Coronation Street are both more popular

47 minutes ago, Kim Woodburn said:

Emmerdale they just drive Land Rover Defenders around villages and blow up farms fall8. EastEnders and Coronation Street are both more popular

Oh yeah I know Eastenders as well. Of course the BBC shows are popular too but they're another kind moo1 

14 hours ago, Kim Woodburn said:

My favorite part was when these actors thought they could make it bigger and would leave the shows, only to come back a couple years later after they flopped fall1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.