Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

6ix9ine heading towards bankruptcy, struggling to make ends meet

Tekashi-6ix9ine-2018-MIA-qjr-Billboard-1

6ix9ine’s been relatively quiet on social media for much of 2022. Usually armed with several trolling attempts and singles, the Brooklyn rapper hasn’t shared a post on his Instagram account since May 2021 and, according to recent testimony to a judge, is “struggling to make ends meet.”

In court documents obtained by Complex, 6ix9ine informed a judge overseeing his civil lawsuit regarding a 2018 armed robbery his career hasn’t been the same since his time in jail and career-wise, money is drying up and labels aren’t extending him advances.

“Right now, I am struggling to make ends meet,” 6ix9ine claimed in the court docs. “I do not know if I will ever command the kind of advances I was paid before my arrest, and my career stalled. I did receive large advances under the recording artist and merchandising agreements prior to my arrest. However, I do not receive any royalties under those agreements either since my royalty accounts remain unrecouped.”

6ix9ine’s recording deal with TenThousandProjects expired last month and so did his merchandising deal. He first signed with the label in 2017 and released two projects, his Day69 mixtape and his 2018 studio album, Dummy Boy. He resigned to the label days before he was sentenced on racketeering charges in 2019. Following his release from jail, he released a number of singles and his 2020 album TattleTales.

In a final statement to the judge, 6ix9ine foresees bankruptcy as a possibility, stating, “It will surely bankrupt me in a way from which I will never recover to the permanent detriment and hardship of the family members who rely upon me.”

The civil case stems from an April 2018 armed robbery attempt where 6ix9ine and members of the Trey Nine Bloods assaulted Seketha Wonzer and Kevin Dozier, believing they were members of J. Prince’s Rap-A-Lot Records. The two men were actually working as publicists and filed a lawsuit against 6ix9ine in December 2021. 6ix9ine pleaded guilty to the charges in connection with the plea agreement he struck with federal prosecutors regarding his racketeering trial.

x

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.