Wonder

Shawn Mendes | When You’re Gone | March 31, 2022

1 hour ago, ajp said:

If the music video is just clips of him on tour…then he can keep it. wendy4

From the looks of it, It most likely will be almost entirely tour footage. He's on tour, he needs to promote it, it's a tour single. But I mean.. Shawn rarely serve proper visuals anyways, so it was well-within what I expected of him nicki5

10 minutes ago, Snow said:

From the looks of it, It most likely will be almost entirely tour footage. He's on tour, he needs to promote it, it's a tour single. But I mean.. Shawn rarely serve proper visuals anyways, so it was well-within what I expected of him nicki5

You pump out a tour video on single #6 from an album that you are presently touring, not a song to promote a tour that doesn’t start for 3 more months. Shawn, Noooo!  fall3

1 minute ago, ajp said:

You pump out a tour video on single #6 from an album that you are presently touring, not a song to promote a tour that doesn’t start for 3 more months. Shawn, Noooo!  fall3

Well in his defense Wonder did not do wonders and it was released 2 years ago dead2 it's a dead era, and also I saw something about the tour not selling as well as people thought it would (even though it's way too early to call). So maybe he'll re-release the album with this in it to boost both the album and the tour.

What a waste though, Teach Me How to Love could've been a hit cry5

3 hours ago, Snow said:

Well in his defense Wonder did not do wonders and it was released 2 years ago dead2 it's a dead era, and also I saw something about the tour not selling as well as people thought it would (even though it's way too early to call). So maybe he'll re-release the album with this in it to boost both the album and the tour.

It’s not worth re-releasing Wonder. He should just push out a new album and pray it sells tickets. whit2

19 hours ago, ajp said:

It’s not worth re-releasing Wonder. He should just push out a new album and pray it sells tickets. whit2

Honestly Wonder was a pretty good album, I think it may be my favorite of his dead2 Not sure how I feel about a completely new album yet.. I mean it's been 2 years since Wonder so it's pretty timely, but this era has been such a non-event (and also overshadowed by the Camila stuff). 

3 hours ago, Snow said:

Honestly Wonder was a pretty good album, I think it may be my favorite of his dead2 Not sure how I feel about a completely new album yet.. I mean it's been 2 years since Wonder so it's pretty timely, but this era has been such a non-event (and also overshadowed by the Camila stuff). 

I frankly don’t know what his team is doing cause I don’t see “When You’re Gone” being sent to radio and it’s out in a few hours. But they are using the same typeface as “It’ll Be Okay” -which makes me believe it’s a new era:

1 hour ago, ajp said:

I frankly don’t know what his team is doing cause I don’t see “When You’re Gone” being sent to radio and it’s out in a few hours. But they are using the same typeface as “It’ll Be Okay” -which makes me believe it’s a new era:

I think that's a standard procedure though right? I've never fully understood it, but labels tend not to send songs to the radio until 1-2 weeks after the initial release. It's silly to me, but I guess they know more nicki5 

But yeah I noticed that too, I'm just kinda hoping that it's not the new era because it's been.. very underwhelming so far! But maybe WYG will redeem it.

It's a really incredible song, one of my favorite singles that he's released tbh. I love the vibe, and I'm really here for this style if this is what he's choosing to go with on the album. 

On 3/29/2022 at 7:15 PM, Snow said:

On 3/29/2022 at 10:39 PM, ajp said:

I am quite confident in this being a new album for a few reasons. 

1. The Wonder era cannot really continue at this point, it's not worth it. He released it at exactly the wrong time (which was right when his label was in total upheaval with change in management which resulted in everyone on their roster being told to either delay or release it with little to no help from the label; he chose the latter, why I don't know). He was supposed to release Teach Me How to Love as a single and even was in pre-production on a video for it, but the video never made it in front of the camera due to the aforementioned issues with the label. Once that got canned, he moved on. 
  2. He's been in the studio since spring of last year. And while I don't think many (if any) of the songs he was working at the time are still in play, he's not just been in there making droplets, he's been making an album. He was originally supposed to tour for Wonder last summer but they decided to delay it as Omicron first started popping up (it was never announced, but it was in the process of being booked), so I think that happening just made him decide he didn't want to wait around for a year. 
  3. It makes sense that he may not want to continue working with Wonder because it's about a relationship that doesn't exist anymore. He probably has a lot he wants to say about the last several months and is choosing to do it through his new music. He'll tour Wonder and the new album if it's out by then. 

As for the tour, it's not really doing any worse or better than the self-titled tour did. He's never been one of those artists who sells a lot of tickets quickly, he's always sold out fairly close to the date itself. On the self-titled tour, I saw him in Nashville and there were still a ton of upper section seats left the week before, but sure enough when we got there the show was sold out. The tickets this time around are not as inexpensive as before because as we know Ticketmaster is doing this dynamic pricing bullshit now so they're selling at a decent not amazing pace, but that's not really different from the last tour either. It's still just a little under 3 months out from opening night so like Snow said, it's a little early to be nervous yet. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It's a really incredible song, one of my favorite singles that he's released tbh. I love the vibe, and I'm really here for this style if this is what he's choosing to go with on the album. 

I am quite confident in this being a new album for a few reasons. 

1. The Wonder era cannot really continue at this point, it's not worth it. He released it at exactly the wrong time (which was right when his label was in total upheaval with change in management which resulted in everyone on their roster being told to either delay or release it with little to no help from the label; he chose the latter, why I don't know). He was supposed to release Teach Me How to Love as a single and even was in pre-production on a video for it, but the video never made it in front of the camera due to the aforementioned issues with the label. Once that got canned, he moved on. 
  2. He's been in the studio since spring of last year. And while I don't think many (if any) of the songs he was working at the time are still in play, he's not just been in there making droplets, he's been making an album. He was originally supposed to tour for Wonder last summer but they decided to delay it as Omicron first started popping up (it was never announced, but it was in the process of being booked), so I think that happening just made him decide he didn't want to wait around for a year. 
  3. It makes sense that he may not want to continue working with Wonder because it's about a relationship that doesn't exist anymore. He probably has a lot he wants to say about the last several months and is choosing to do it through his new music. He'll tour Wonder and the new album if it's out by then. 

As for the tour, it's not really doing any worse or better than the self-titled tour did. He's never been one of those artists who sells a lot of tickets quickly, he's always sold out fairly close to the date itself. On the self-titled tour, I saw him in Nashville and there were still a ton of upper section seats left the week before, but sure enough when we got there the show was sold out. The tickets this time around are not as inexpensive as before because as we know Ticketmaster is doing this dynamic pricing bullshit now so they're selling at a decent not amazing pace, but that's not really different from the last tour either. It's still just a little under 3 months out from opening night so like Snow said, it's a little early to be nervous yet. 

He also added a second show onto Montreal and Los Angeles - so tickets sales can’t be that bad. I still think he could add more, like Toronto and sell that out easily. 

anyway, the new song is good. The video is basic, but it does show that the label is still having issues…it’s almost like they are telling Shawn and his team to just do things on their own. The “It’ll Be Okay” video looks like it was done for $1000 and most of that was in editing costs. Shawn has made so much money for them, and this is how this new era is going?  This shouldn’t be happening cry4

He's got 3 months to release SM5 and hopefully that ends his contract with Island. rav3

19 hours ago, Snow said:

I think that's a standard procedure though right? I've never fully understood it, but labels tend not to send songs to the radio until 1-2 weeks after the initial release. It's silly to me, but I guess they know more nicki5 

But yeah I noticed that too, I'm just kinda hoping that it's not the new era because it's been.. very underwhelming so far! But maybe WYG will redeem it.

Island is sending “When You’re Gone” to HotAC radio on Monday, but not Top 40 radio (for now). We will see how things go. 

Shawn adds more dates to his Wonder Tour in North America alex1 I knew he had to add Toronto in the mix yas1

The new dates include a July 31 show at Scotiabank Arena in Mendes’ hometown of Toronto; along with St. Louis’ Enterprise Center July 6; a second night at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center Aug. 20;  San Diego’s Pechanga Arena Sept. 19; Jacksonville, Fla’s VyStar Memorial Arena Oct. 7; and Grand Rapids, Mich.’s Van Andel Arena Oct. 21. He’s also added two more nights in Canada: July 4 at Calgary, Alberta’s Scotiabank Saddledome and July 7 at Winnipeg, Manitoba’s Canada Life Centre 

The tour kicks off June 27 in Portland, Ore., at the Moda Center, with leg 1 wrapping with two nights at Barclays Center Aug. 19-20. Leg 2 launches Sept. 7 at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Ariz., and runs through Oct. 26 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Special guest Dermot Kennedy is on board for the first leg of dates and Tate McRae joins leg 2.

A fan presale for the added North America dates begins Wednesday, April 6th at 10 a.m. local time. Fans can gain access to the presale code by downloading the ShawnAccess app or signing up at ShawnAccess.com.