Wonder

Shawn Mendes | When You’re Gone | March 31, 2022

I still love this song. oprah2

I hear it on the radio all the time…I just don’t know why it only peaked at #38 on Billboard Top 100. It is Top 20 worthy alex1

Yesterday, I heard a new less rocky version on the radio here, but I can’t find out what “radio version” it is…(and it’s not the acoustic version) juicy1

On 6/14/2022 at 10:12 AM, ajp said:

Yesterday, I heard a new less rocky version on the radio here, but I can’t find out what “radio version” it is…(and it’s not the acoustic version) juicy1

This has happened in the past with a few other songs (a different version being played despite it not being readily available elsewhere). Sometimes, radio stations will have different mixes of a song. I'm not sure how they get it, but it'd have to be directly from the label. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

This has happened in the past with a few other songs (a different version being played despite it not being readily available elsewhere). Sometimes, radio stations will have different mixes of a song. I'm not sure how they get it, but it'd have to be directly from the label. 

Labels sometimes offer a “radio edit” or a “pop version” to radio stations to fit their format. It could be something they have offered to some Canadian Radio Stations cause the song is doing well, here. It’s a way of extending its radio life beyond the initial version. I would like to buy it…and it’s just not available fall3

On 6/1/2022 at 10:36 PM, ajp said:

I still love this song. oprah2

I hear it on the radio all the time…I just don’t know why it only peaked at #38 on Billboard Top 100. It is Top 20 worthy alex1

His label are shit, this song should've smashed. 

2 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

His label are shit, this song should've smashed. 

Something must have happened to his relationship with his label after wonder flopped. He’s now put out 3 songs in the last six months with no sign of an album. What gives? um2

1 hour ago, ajp said:

Something must have happened to his relationship with his label after wonder flopped. He’s now put out 3 songs in the last six months with no sign of an album. What gives? um2

He needs to switch labels asap, they're not putting investment in to any of their artists. Shawn Mendes, Demi Lovato & The Killers are probably the biggest names they have. It seems things took a nosedive when David Massey left.