Kylie

State of emergency in El Salvador after 62 gang kills in 1 day

(Pictures + quote will be add once I am on a pc)

El Salvador: State of emergency after 62 gang kills in one day 

El Salvador's parliament has approved a state of emergency after the Central American country recorded dozens of gang-related murders in a single day.

Police said there had been 62 murders on Saturday, making it the most violent 24-hour period since the end of the civil war in 1992. New laws restrict the right to gather, allow arrests without a warrant and the monitoring of communications. Last year, the gang-plagued nation recorded 1,140 murders - a 30-year low. However, that still equates to 18 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants. In November, another spate of violence led to more than 40 people being killed within three days.
Read more in the article down below.

Source:

Spoiler

X

It makes me question the entire government how gang related crime has been going on for years now. It's time all the central and south American countries unite and do more to stop them traveling to the US and vice versa. I watched a documentary about Honduras being the main country of gang related deaths :(