Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

Why did "positions" fail to make its mark?

The music is a complete downgrade from "thank u, next", although I do like some of it, plus she barely promoted it ari8

She made like 2 music videos in the beginning, did a couple of performances and then went on The Voice. 

She used pretty much the same genre/style that she did for "sweetener" and "thank u, next", when she should've gone down a different path.

If her next album has the same production, I will flip out ari4 

50 minutes ago, BreatheeOnKnee said:

Ariana is just not an impactful artist period, she relies on stan twitter and tiktokkers to put out quick lil hits. And her last 3 albums follow the same formula and sound so eventually they begin to blend together and sound the same. 

She had hits before tiktok was even a thing true1

It wasn't because of it's quality, she's just lazy with promo. (Which is saying a lot seeing because positions and 34+35 were decent enough hits).

8 hours ago, Lynk said:

It wasn't because of it's quality, she's just lazy with promo. (Which is saying a lot seeing because positions and 34+35 were decent enough hits).

Both positions and 34+35 were #1 on Pop Radio for weeks, and even POV was #3 on that chart. So the singles received a huge radio push, in addition to heavy Spotify playlisting. This form of promotion is way more important than doing award or talk shows, so I disagree that it received little promo rih11

10 hours ago, BreatheeOnKnee said:

Ariana is just not an impactful artist period, she relies on stan twitter and tiktokkers to put out quick lil hits. And her last 3 albums follow the same formula and sound so eventually they begin to blend together and sound the same. 

maybe you made points rav2 

I never really get why she did pretty much the same genre in her last three albums. Sweetener was an alright album, TUN is her best and Positions just felt....boring.

I hope that in her next album, she'd do something different, like a reinvention of aesthetics and sound, maybe a Back to Basics like album, or a Disco-Dance oriented album like Light Years or COADF.

Maybe even 80's post disco like album or new wave along the lines of Katrina and the Waves or maybe even a Blondie-esque sound. 

14 hours ago, Butterfly said:

Funny how I had said the same thing regarding the poorness of Positions' quality, or rather, lack of quality for a lot of years but only now you all follow suit. Very funny, mi muchachas! xtina5

Whut? A LOT OF YEARS?

Positions was released like just a year and a half ago.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.