Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Wonder

Will Smith Punches Chris Rock on Live TV During Oscars

Chris' joke was in very, very poor taste so I do understand why Will was upset. However, going up there and punching him was incredibly unnecessary. If you had an issue with it, there are ways to handle it that aren't that. Chris deserved to be called out and criticized, but it did not warrant punching him. 

Chris shouldn't have been on that stage in the first place, considering that time he turned a bunch of kids into the butt of a lazy joke based on racial stereotypes in 2016.

5 minutes ago, Snow said:

Chris shouldn't have been on that stage in the first place, considering that time he turned a bunch of kids into the butt of a lazy joke based on racial stereotypes in 2016.

No yeah I agree. He shouldn't have been up there and he shouldn't have made the joke. But I don't know...I just feel like Will should've and could've handled that very differently. His point has been a little lost in that action and now we're sitting through this cringy ass speech. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

No yeah I agree. He shouldn't have been up there and he shouldn't have made the joke. But I don't know...I just feel like Will should've and could've handled that very differently. His point has been a little lost in that action and now we're sitting through this cringy ass speech. 

Yeah, they're both in the wrong. Will shouldn't have punched him, settle it backstage or whatever. Interestingly though, Will WAS laughing at the joke.

Like Jada obviously wasn't feeling it, and it seems like Will only got mad AFTER he saw that Jada wasn't laughing laughcry1 seems to me the punch was Will trying to redeem himself to her.

5 minutes ago, Snow said:

Yeah, they're both in the wrong. Will shouldn't have punched him, settle it backstage or whatever. Interestingly though, Will WAS laughing at the joke.

Like Jada obviously wasn't feeling it, and it seems like Will only got mad AFTER he saw that Jada wasn't laughing laughcry1 seems to me the punch was Will trying to redeem himself to her.

Yeah that's....I don't even know what to say I'm still just so shook it happened 

I feel like it would’ve happened anyway. 

People all up in their feelings about it, and the pushback seems a little, I don’t know, superficial. I feel like those who want Will Smith to apologize are only saying that because they feel like they have to. 

I’m not saying I’m praising him or anything, but what happened wasn’t unreasonable. 

It was a prick joke anyway; 

12 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

And honestly, I wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised if it was staged. 

This was one of my first thoughts too, actually. Their ratings have been dwindling, they need something to get the people talking again. Last year's was such a non-event.

1 hour ago, Princess Aurora said:

I thought it was staged? rip4 

Me too, but why would the US airing be edited, if it was all part of the show? um1

The Oscars were once so classy. They represented a side of America that few see in real life except for one night a year. If this is what the Oscars have become, then they can keep it. ari4

2 hours ago, ajp said:

Me too, but why would the US airing be edited, if it was all part of the show? um1

I have no idea, I'm starting to think that it wasn't really staged? They also removed Will Smith from somewhere because of this rip4 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.